I carry but very often not comfortably.

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by breakingcontact, Nov 7, 2013.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Do you drive with your concealed carry gun in the holster?

If not, do you take the whole rig off or just take the pistol out and put it in another holster or compartment? (I know that freaks some people out.)

What kind of holster do you use?

What position?

2. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    A buddy of mine with an owb switches to a shoulder holster in the vehicle. The way he carries if he sits in a vehicle his weapon ends up on a play date with his cornhole. I use an iwb on my strong side which is a deep concealment than most iwb and feels and rides just fine in a vehicle.

3. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    DSCN4634c.jpg 20130607_121837c.jpg It's a 3Speed Holster. I wear it 2:00, and have no problem sitting in the car with it holstered. I just lift my outer shirt out of the seatbelt, and head down the road. If needed , i can get to it easily.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm probably a masochist and do it the hard way but, I still carry at 3:00 with a straight drop holster, usually a Blade Tech Nano or similar style holster. I usually carry either a G17, G19, or Sig P232. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it's what I do. When it comes to situations like car or seated carry or a number of unconventional positions, AIWB seems to have a whole lot of benefits. Only problem is it also seems to be the most difficult carry method to achieve well, and is extremely dependent on precise positioning and holster design, and to some degree body type. Basically, for anyone that has a gut much larger than their pecs, I think AIWB is extremely difficult to near impossible to achieve well.

5. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    I dont mind sitting on/against mine for a quick trip but anything longer and i find myself taking the gun or the whole rig off and sticking it in the console (in a holster).

I suppose each body is unique but the sport seats in my car have agressive bolsters.

More big picture and related to the title, i simply have to find the right holster/position to carry comfortably without pain or numbness. I have no plans on switching to a smaller gun.

6. Booyah

Booyah Active Member

May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    I carry an M&P 45C in a Crossbreed Supertuck between 3-4 o'clock. I have no issues in any seated position for any length of time.

7. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I carry a full size 1911 at 3 o clock in a normal iwb leather holster. No problems driving with it in.

8. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    I carry a G19 in a Crossbreed clone between 3-4 o'clock. Anything over 5 hours it tends to get uncomfortable but for most occasions its fine in the car.

9. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I carry a G19 in a Milt Sparks VMII at 3:30....no issues at all no matter how long the drive is, aggressive seat bolsters or not.

10. hellishhorses

hellishhorses Well-Known

Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    M&P9c/crossbreed/3:15ish — truck seat, church pew, work at a desk all day, no problems.

IMAG0438_BURST002.jpg
    u-91BmxPJM3js8cf1z9E3z-msY0b5pgTVHexoMJbPkY=w734-h865-no.png
    IMAG0313.png
    IMAG0403.png