• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    THAT would probably kill me, as I'm allergic to PCN.

Sorry for the slow update today.

Yesterday I took the lil' cocktail that, I believe cancallen mentioned - Mucinex + Benedryl to help with the mucous drip and cough. It knocked my ass out for over 12 hours :laughing: Got up this morning feeling lazy. Had to run to the pharmacy earlier. Been vegetating and watching TV and playing with the dogs this afternoon.

A little light headed today for some reason, still a little mucous draining into the throat causing a cough. Eating cough drops today to help with that.

Wife is still not feeling great, but she's starting to feel better too. Hard to get her to eat, because without a sense of taste or smell, she says most things have horrendous textures and its hard to eat.
    Have you ever tried Pantothenic Acid? My parents always used to give it to me when I had sinus issues and it always seemed to help reduce the mucous...

I've managed to never take a test since this stuff began, but I did have some "interesting" symptoms a while back and took that whenever I thought I was getting a bit drippy.
    Capitol Armory ad

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I only take Benedryl in the evening. If I need to dry out during the day I go with pseudoephed.

On the Mucinex, I had an ENT doc tell me once that I should be using two or three times the recommended dose of guaifenesin as the OTC dosage isn't strong enough to do anything. I'm sure my size has something to do with it, too. I go through that stuff like candy when the allergies are bad.
    That's true about the dosing. I've noticed that of a few different OTC meds over the years. The dose is reduced, usually by half, from what we give in a hospital setting or prescribed by a MD.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Have you ever tried Pantothenic Acid? My parents always used to give it to me when I had sinus issues and it always seemed to help reduce the mucous...

I've managed to never take a test since this stuff began, but I did have some "interesting" symptoms a while back and took that whenever I thought I was getting a bit drippy.

Looks like that is also known as Vitamin B5. I just double checked the B-complex I've been taking, and B5 is not part of it for some reason. Might try sourcing some.

The mucous feels like it has indeed reached my lungs, I get a little rattly cough, especially in the morning now. It really pisses me off because I seemed like I was on the mend - and energy levels, I'm almost back to normal. This damned cough and the mucous in the lungs is really frustrating. I have tried "deep coughing" or "huff coughing" but an issue I've had ever since I was a kid - if I cough too hard I start to vomit. Damn near splattered my living room floor last night coughing. The coughing hasn't nearly been productive as it was for the last day.

Vapo rub at night hasn't seemed to help either.

And as another little "fuckme" from the Rona, last night I started to lose my sense of taste. My wife thinks its hilarious because now I'm like her. I don't understand why it took a week for that particular symptom to set in, when I've been seemingly on the mend otherwise. Here we are, I'm on day 9 of this crap, and have felt otherwise human (besides the cough / lung mucous) and *now* I lose the ability to taste? I guess maybe I'll finally be able to lose weight because food I can't taste seems to be a chore to eat, and there won't be any cravings to have more of the good stuff. Sucks ass.

I'm half tempted to put my orbital sander on my chest as a vibrator to break up the phlegm.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    A co worker was telling me how crappy food is without taste.

My wife has struggled more with the loss of taste. Without taste, she finds the texture of most foods to be disgusting. Broth is the best thing I've been able to give her that she'll take. She's tried weird shit to see if she has any taste left - tobasco on cheese cubes, a shot of vinegar, straight lemon juice (I can do lemon juice, she never has been able to, she couldn't taste it) - she's licked cayenne pepper and nada.

I've just found that food is boring without taste. Eating feels a lot more like a chore, instead of a treat.

Reactions: gll

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My wife has struggled more with the loss of taste. Without taste, she finds the texture of most foods to be disgusting. Broth is the best thing I've been able to give her that she'll take. She's tried weird shit to see if she has any taste left - tobasco on cheese cubes, a shot of vinegar, straight lemon juice (I can do lemon juice, she never has been able to, she couldn't taste it) - she's licked cayenne pepper and nada.

I've just found that food is boring without taste. Eating feels a lot more like a chore, instead of a treat.
    It's her chance to amaze her friends by eating ghost peppers whole. The next day might not be so good though.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Day 10 for me - I tested negative today. Still have the chest congestion I mentioned earlier, which causes random coughs, but thats the only lingering symptom I have besides some loss of taste.

Wife also tested negative today, we scheduled a lab test for her so she has something other than the at-home test to show her employer so she can return to work. She still has some lingering symptoms - headache, total loss of taste, but otherwise she's doing well too.

Going to continue the vitamin regimen - added the Vitamin B5 today.

I'm craving a big juicy bacon cheeseburger with home made tater wedges - but I wouldn't be able to taste it like it should be. The damn food cravings suck, because trying to satisfy them would just be disappointing.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Day 10 for me - I tested negative today. Still have the chest congestion I mentioned earlier, which causes random coughs, but thats the only lingering symptom I have besides some loss of taste.

Wife also tested negative today, we scheduled a lab test for her so she has something other than the at-home test to show her employer so she can return to work. She still has some lingering symptoms - headache, total loss of taste, but otherwise she's doing well too.

Going to continue the vitamin regimen - added the Vitamin B5 today.

I'm craving a big juicy bacon cheeseburger with home made tater wedges - but I wouldn't be able to taste it like it should be. The damn food cravings suck, because trying to satisfy them would just be disappointing.
    Whelp it’s been 12 days since I got the Covid and I’m finally getting my smell back. Wife won’t shut up about is, so it’s off to the shower I go.

Top Bottom