• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Salty- When you printed yours out, does the first page list you as the Grantor and a trustee? I thought it had said not to list yourself as a Trustee because it automatically made you one by being the Grantor? Does it automatically put your name in the Trustee section, or did I screw somehow when I filled it out?
    Just checking before I head out to get it notarized.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Salty- When you printed yours out, does the first page list you as the Grantor and a trustee? I thought it had said not to list yourself as a Trustee because it automatically made you one by being the Grantor? Does it automatically put your name in the Trustee section, or did I screw somehow when I filled it out?
    Just checking before I head out to get it notarized.
    Both. Your name shouldn't be listed as a beneficiary from what I've read.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Argh. Just remembered I have to buy a threaded barrel. Maybe some JB Weld would hold.
    Not to ruin your day but I think you have time to get a barrel.

I need to figure out how I want to put my suppressor on my 10/22 and get an adapter for the p22. I'm thinking about getting one of those adapters with set screws that puts threads on the end of the 10/22.

Im also thinking about getting a bag/pouch to carry my paperwork, suppressor, and thread adapters that I can strap to a range bag. Is anyone else doing this?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not to ruin your day but I think you have time to get a barrel.

I need to figure out how I want to put my suppressor on my 10/22 and get an adapter for the p22. I'm thinking about getting one of those adapters with set screws that puts threads on the end of the 10/22.

Im also thinking about getting a bag/pouch to carry my paperwork, suppressor, and thread adapters that I can strap to a range bag. Is anyone else doing this?
    Making my mental list of gun stuff to buy was just considering 10/22 barrel. I thought about those adapters too but would be concerned about baffel strikes.

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Well this post help me decided to also purchase a trust from SS also. I have a few questions though. After I get my trust documents notarized what is my next step? There is a suppressor that I want through Capitol Armory (because of their easy payment plan). Do I take them the original notarized trust or a copy? How does this work if someone else on my trust want to buy a suppressor? Do they take a copy of the trust to their dealers? So in other words do we just keep making copies of the trust and take it to a suppressor dealer every time we want to make a purchase?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Big J - josh from capital armory posts on here fairly often. You might want to contact him if you want to order from them.

I haven't ordered a suppressor through them yet so I couldn't help you with it. I think that they'll ask you for your trust info when you make a purchase. Did you scan your trust so you can upload it?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You will want multiple copies of your trust. Keep the original and a copy or two in different, safe places. Also make a copy for each trustee to have. A copy of the tax stamp should probably be with each trust also.

Each place you buy from will also need a copy to send with the form 4. Won't need copies of tax stamps though.

I also have a copy that goes everywhere my suppressor goes.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm looking at my options to attach my suppressor to my 10/22 and my p22 when it comes in.

My 10/22 is a take down model not threaded. My options are getting my barrel threaded, buying a threaded barrel or buying a muzzle adapter that set screws to the barrel.

my p22 has metric threads and it needs an adapter. I'm looking through the adapters and they all cost between 20$-38$. 38$ for one from silencerco. I may just buy the silencerco adapter.

I I have plenty of time before my stamp is approved.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Big J- I just saw the post. Keep the original in the safe place, and use copies for everything. You can either bring in the paper copy, a PDF on a flash drive, or email us a copy. We will print out a version to send over to the ATF along with the Form 4.

Technically, the trust is buying the suppressor. So any trustee is fine to purchase the item as a representative of the trust (so long as they aren't a prohibited person.)

Any time you make a suppressor, sbr, sbs, aow, etc purchase, the person sending the Form 4 (dealer in this case) needs to include a copy of the trust. Many places will store a copy for you, so if you were to bring in a copy of your trust, we can keep a digital (as long as it's up to date) and sell to anyone on that trust. That way, if we have a copy you don't need to really bring one in every time if it hasn't change from the last time.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Have no idea. Have more questions on this stuff than answers. Need to figure out the best 22 pistol to suppress as well.
    Thread idea? I'm trying it on a 22/45 and a p22 in a few months. From the videos on YouTube ruger marks, sr22s and p22s are used a lot so they must be pretty good suppressed. I wonder how suppressors work on the 22lr 1911s?

Top Bottom