• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Big J- I just saw the post. Keep the original in the safe place, and use copies for everything. You can either bring in the paper copy, a PDF on a flash drive, or email us a copy. We will print out a version to send over to the ATF along with the Form 4.

Technically, the trust is buying the suppressor. So any trustee is fine to purchase the item as a representative of the trust (so long as they aren't a prohibited person.)

Any time you make a suppressor, sbr, sbs, aow, etc purchase, the person sending the Form 4 (dealer in this case) needs to include a copy of the trust. Many places will store a copy for you, so if you were to bring in a copy of your trust, we can keep a digital (as long as it's up to date) and sell to anyone on that trust. That way, if we have a copy you don't need to really bring one in every time if it hasn't change from the last time.
    Thanks for the reply.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    For you guys using the gun shop trusts, be careful. Apparently some do not cover survivorship benefits or something to that effect. That is one reason they are so cheap. Sean Cody makes mention of it in this video.

For those having difficulty getting in touch with him, PM him here on the forum. He's on here fairly regularly.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    The Spectre II suppressor works very well on my Sig and Colt 1911-22.

Just what I wanted to hear!!!!! I'll be pm'ing you shortly, Mike

X2 on SilencerShop - They are Awesome!

Jim Willi is my Lawyer, well educated and very squared away! Did my Trust for $300, he's running a deal this week for $250:
    http://www.myguntrust.com

For those of you doing your Form 1s, this is very good info. I listed myself as a trustee so that it would autofill the signature box as, "Digital Signature"
    Step by step:
    http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=415446

Silenc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2014
    Austin, TX
    FYI for anyone interested our trust was created by a lawyer and is 50 state legal. We did not create the trust but purchased the rights from the lawyer. If you have any questions about it feel free to reach out. As long as it doesn't get into the legal advice category we are happy to answer questions.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Mine looks to have survivorship benefits, my kids are listed to receive all items in the trust should something happen to me and my wife.

It came from Silencershop.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    FYI for anyone interested our trust was created by a lawyer and is 50 state legal. We did not create the trust but purchased the rights from the lawyer. If you have any questions about it feel free to reach out. As long as it doesn't get into the legal advice category we are happy to answer questions.
    Thanks man. I wanted to show everyone how my experience is going. It's awesome so far. Just waiting around now wishing I had more money.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    The ATF cashed my check on 2/26.

Whats next?

you wait

then you wait

then wait some more

then a little more waiting

usually there is a bit of getting anxious and impatient mixed into the process as well

then you get notified your stamp was approved

then you wait some more until the stamp actually comes in

then you go get the suppressor or have it shipped

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Salty, we are in this together bro lol

Purchased mine through Silencer Shop on 2/23, haven't got word yet that a check was cashed tho.... Sad face...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The gf and I are buying each other Savage .308's for our birthdays at the end of the month. I'm thinking I want to suppress it. So what I'm understanding here is I go to silencershop.com, purchase my suppressor, tax stamp, and a trust form. They'll secure a suppressor for me until the ATF stamp has arrived, and send me the serial number for the trust form. Then I fill out the form and have it notarized. After that, I email the trust form back to silencer shop and wait on the tax stamp?

It sounds incredibly expensive but seems easy enough.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The gf and I are buying each other Savage .308's for our birthdays at the end of the month. I'm thinking I want to suppress it. So what I'm understanding here is I go to silencershop.com, purchase my suppressor, tax stamp, and a trust form. They'll secure a suppressor for me until the ATF stamp has arrived, and send me the serial number for the trust form. Then I fill out the form and have it notarized. After that, I email the trust form back to silencer shop and wait on the tax stamp?

It sounds incredibly expensive but seems easy enough.
    I think you have to set up your trust first. If you can have it notarized quick enough you could probably set up the trust and order the suppressor and tax stamp on the same day.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I can have it notarized within 15 min of me filling out the paperwork, so that shouldn't be too big of a deal. So then SS adds it to my trust??

I'm still trying to figure out this whole trust thing.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    So....does anything other than your name and the names of any family or friends (not suggested) go on the trust? If not, then does the ATF just list the trust on the tax stamp? I'm trying to figure out where the silencer and trust tie in together.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Oh and he sends you the complete trust in a PDF file so you can upload it directly to Silencer Shop....

Silencer Shop can do the trust too and I believe it's about half the cost. I just didn't mind paying $300 to have a dedicated NFA Lawyer a phone call away

Top Bottom