• ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Why not?

I plan on using the suppressor for my 22 handguns. Maybe on my ruger 10/22 takedown.

Why don't they make a 10/22 takedown integrally suppressed barrel with a threaded end so you can attach another suppressor? It's like ear plugs with muffs on top and bigger muffs on top of that.

But seriously, a threaded barrel costs 150-295$, and a can costs 350+200$ stamp, but a integrally suppressed barrel costing 500-600$ plus a 200$ stamp sounds like a better option for my next purchase. If more manufacturers come in and the price for an integral barrel drops it would be even more appealing.

Well for me personally it would be a waste of $800 since that obvious becomes a dedicated suppressed weapon. Limits my options too much. I'd much rather spend the money on a TAC Sol barrel and another can instead.

Speaking of, can you even out a standard barrel on a takedown model?
    Venture Surplus ad

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Well for me personally it would be a waste of $800 since that obvious becomes a dedicated suppressed weapon. Limits my options too much. I'd much rather spend the money on a TAC Sol barrel and another can instead.

Speaking of, can you even out a standard barrel on a takedown model?
    Not sure what you're asking.
    I saw the work a guy did on a 10/22 barrel and was impressed. He said he has another full time job but he would move the front sight back on my factory barrel, cut the barrel to 16.5", thread the barrel, and put on a target crown for me. I'm sending him my barrel and bolt tomorrow. He asked me to not use his name.

Its costing me 160$ for him to rework my bolt and do my barrel work.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not sure what you're asking.
    I saw the work a guy did on a 10/22 barrel and was impressed. He said he has another full time job but he would move the front sight back on my factory barrel, cut the barrel to 16.5", thread the barrel, and put on a target crown for me. I'm sending him my barrel and bolt tomorrow. He asked me to not use his name.

Its costing me 160$ for him to rework my bolt and do my barrel work.
    Trying to decide which Kidd 10/22 barrel to go with. Dont blame you for keeping the stock barrel, nice to have them iron sights.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Trying to decide which Kidd 10/22 barrel to go with. Dont blame you for keeping the stock barrel, nice to have them iron sights.
    I'll review it when it comes in. The iron sights are my favorite stock iron sights ever. I felt like it would be against my better judgement not to try and re-use this barrel. The stock pulled off barrels are about 150$. 180$ for threaded models.

How did you choose Kidd over the other brands?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll review it when it comes in. The iron sights are my favorite stock iron sights ever. I felt like it would be against my better judgement not to try and re-use this barrel. The stock pulled off barrels are about 150$. 180$ for threaded models.

How did you choose Kidd over the other brands?
    Kidd and Volquartsen are both good. Haven't got one yet but that is the plan. Ill have to revisit which one id decided on previously.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    In about 2 weeks I should be able to review my new/old barrel and bolt. Instead of buying a thread protector for my newly threaded barrel Im recycling my AR A2 flash hider and crush washer.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ah cool. Most 10/22 stuff doesnt need to be swapped out unless you are shooting competitions. Im trying to decide just how far to go with mine. Need a barrel. Might try and keep current stock and open it up.
    9a18a1b05f66a9274553c7ea9daf92d7.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Very legit deals from silencer shop. My friend is looking to make his first purchase and we talked a lot last week about how I decided to go with the spectre 2. He was looking at a gem tech 22 can. I didn't know much about it.

I sent him the links to this deal because I helped him pick out a longer range deer rifle last year and he's looking at cans. Perfect match 2 at the same time.

I guess ill eventually get a different center fire rifle so I can get one of these cans. Just can't focus.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Wait, 129.95 is "on sale"? That's how much I paid last month, plus got the Spectre II for $295 instead of the current $314. Guess I got both on sale! Ooooo yea! :banana:

I think it's normally $200 for the trust, email didn't say how long the sale was going or when it started other than while supplies last which is infinite with the trusts.

Top Bottom