• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. Baldwin decides to make a film and hires armorer. Armorer hands Baldwin loaded gun. Baldwin shoots armorer and another with said gun, killing armorer. armorer’s family sues Baldwin. Armorer settles a suit with armorer’s spouse by hiring the spouse as a producer for the film. Baldwin sues armorer’s estate for his negligent killing.

Football bats aren’t that’s fûcked up.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    While I'm normally quite polite with folks I meet for the first time, some folks just need a more direct approach. I do believe I'd ask him when and why he turned into such an egotistical and self righteous prick.

Granted, I wouldn't expect an honest answer. Or any answer really. But, he might just be taken aback a tiny bit.

Regardless, my feelings would be known.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He didnt shoot the armorer and the armorer didn't hand him the gun. His asst director handed him the gun. Its still on him to check the gun. That is one of the 4 rules of gun safety. It shouldn't matter if there is an armorer or not.

Does that really change the assessment though?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Why would hollywood ever have a reason to have live ammunition on a set?
    I do know that at least one movie was filmed using live ammo, but in the case of the Rust set, some of the people were using this gun for their own personal shooting enjoyment when they weren’t filming.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Why would hollywood ever have a reason to have live ammunition on a set?

IDK anything about movies, but it seems you might want "real" ammo on a set so you could record the sound in the same place where the filming is taking place (obv not when the filming it taking place!), to dub it over the fake sound of a dummy round (or whatever the technical term is for hollywood ammunition that kinda goes bang but doesn't have the same powder charge and certainly has no projectile) later.

You could then break your arm patting yourself on the back about how authentic and detail-oriented your production is...

Top Bottom