• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I guess I didn't express myself, I was thinking he was holding the trigger back while cocking the hammer. Wouldn't it fire then?
    Would you have an issue with someone pointing a gun at you while cocking the hammer? balwin aimed the gun, baldwin pulled the trigger

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I guess I didn't express myself, I was thinking he was holding the trigger back while cocking the hammer. Wouldn't it fire then?
    I believe this is how they do rapid fanning type firing so the answer is yes. The real question I have always asked is if Baldwin would have checked the gun personally if he were putting it up to his head? Experienced actors know that they have the duty to check the gun themselves and Baldwin has had plenty of gun lessons from good armorers.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Executive Summary:

Baldwin is mistaken or outright lying.

The gun used in the fatal shooting on the "Rust" movie set could not have been fired without pulling the trigger, according to an FBI forensic report obtained Friday by ABC News.

Accidental discharge testing determined that the firearm used in the shooting -- a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver -- could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, the FBI report shows.

Adding:

The Oct. 21, 2021 shooting was during a rehearsal in which Baldwin did a cross-drawl manoeuver with a revolver, pulled back the hammer and had his finger on the trigger, according to the FBI forensics report.

Reed tried to get Baldwin to train to do the complex gun maneuver before the scene, according to the sheriff’s investigation, but the actor refused.

Seems the FBI really has him boxed in on the evidence of the gun.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Yes, it would. But he's been swearing up and down since he shot the woman that he never touched the trigger. He's using the "it just went off" defense, but the actions he describes can't make a functional single-action revolver fire. He's lying to cover up the fact that he pulled the trigger and killed someone.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Executive Summary:

Baldwin is mistaken or outright lying.

The gun used in the fatal shooting on the "Rust" movie set could not have been fired without pulling the trigger, according to an FBI forensic report obtained Friday by ABC News.

Accidental discharge testing determined that the firearm used in the shooting -- a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver -- could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, the FBI report shows.
    Um, the fbi report said it did fire once on its own due to a parts issue during their testing.

According to the blaze report.....https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-baldwin-armorer-charged-in-connection-to-fatal-shooting-on-film-set-no-one-is-above-the-law

The FBI then tested the weapon repeatedly and determined that, in most circumstances, it did not fire unless a person first cocked it and pulled the trigger. However, investigators did have one instance in which internal components of the gun fractured, causing the cocked gun to fire, even though the trigger had not been pulled.

That, the piss poor wording of the report if reported correctly, will get him off unless they explain it worked properly until the parts broke.

There shouldn't have even been blanks in the gun unless the scene requires shooting and if it did the crew wouldn't have been set up like they were.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Um, the fbi report said it did fire once on its own due to a parts issue during their testing.

According to the blaze report.....https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-baldwin-armorer-charged-in-connection-to-fatal-shooting-on-film-set-no-one-is-above-the-law

That, the piss poor wording of the report if reported correctly, will get him off unless they explain it worked properly until the parts broke.

There shouldn't have even been blanks in the gun unless the scene requires shooting and if it did the crew wouldn't have been set up like they were.

Link to report?

Rather read it myself than trust a media interpretation.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

So the way that's worded, the FBI couldn't get the gun to do what Baldwin insists it did until they broke it...but it wasn't broken when they started? In other words, Baldwin is lying and the gun couldn't do what he claimed in the condition it was in when he held it.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Link to report?

Rather read it myself than trust a media interpretation.
    Like I said, the stories are reporting that it fired when it broke. I assume it worked correctly and they, the fbi, broke it during testing. How this info is relayed to a jury will be important, it also makes it impossible for the defense to test the gun cause the FBI broke it, the defensewill say it was obviously not working properly if simple testing broke it. Reasonable doubt? I'd hate to see him get off for this.

This is the relevant section of the report quoted from.......

Hammer at full cock position

With the hammer in the full cock position, Item 2 could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional. During this testing, portions of the trigger sear and cylinder stop fractured while the hammer was struck. The fracture of these internal components allowed the hammer to fall and the firing pin and detonated the primer. This was the only successful discharge during this testing and it was attributed to the fracture of internal components, not the failure of the firearm or safety mechanisms

There may be a link to the full report in that article. I'll look for it again.

ETA here is what's copied from the FBI report in that article.

Accidental Discharge Testing

Hammer at rest (de-cocked on a loaded chamber)

With the hammer at rest on a loaded chamber, Item 2 detonated a primer without a pull of the trigger when the hammer was struck directly. With a revolver of this design, when the hammer is at rest on a loaded chamber, the firing pin sits directly on the primer of the cartridge. When force is applied to the hammer, such as striking or dropping, it can fire the cartridge without a pull of the trigger. This is consistent with normal operation for a single-action revolver of this design.

Hammer at 1⁄4 and 1⁄2 cock positions

With the hammer in the 1⁄4 and 1⁄2 cock positions, Item 2 could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger. When enough pressure was applied to the trigger, each of these safety positions were overcome and the hammer fell. This is consistent with normal operation for a single-action revolver of this design.

With the hammer in the 1⁄4 cock position, pressure was applied to the trigger and the hammer fell, however the firing pin did not have enough force to detonate the primer and resulted in light firing pin strikes.

With the hammer in the 1⁄2 cock position, pressure was applied to the trigger and the hammer fell, however the cylinder could not be properly aligned to the bore, the firing pin struck the outer headstamp area and did not detonate the primer.

Hammer at full cock position

With the hammer in the full cock position, Item 2 could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional. During this testing, portions of the trigger sear and cylinder stop fractured while the hammer was struck. The fracture of these internal components allowed the hammer to fall and the firing pin and detonated the primer. This was the only successful discharge during this testing and it was attributed to the fracture of internal components, not the failure of the firearm or safety mechanisms.

Accidental Discharge

An accidental discharge test is conducted in all modes of fire for a particular firearm, utilizing a primed cartridge case or shotshell case. The firearm is struck with a rawhide or similar styled mallet on its six planes: front of muzzle, butt plate, top of breech and chamber, bottom of trigger guard and frame and both sides of the receiver/frame. If necessary, tests can be undertaken in order to attempt to duplicate the conditions under which the firearm discharged.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So the way that's worded, the FBI couldn't get the gun to do what Baldwin insists it did until they broke it...but it wasn't broken when they started? In other words, Baldwin is lying and the gun couldn't do what he claimed in the condition it was in when he held it.
    Yep

Reactions: gll

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So they could only get the gun to fire without pulling the trigger "When the hammer was struck". The testing was irrelevant to the actual events that led to Baldwin killing Halyna Hutchins. Nothing struck the hammer while he was holding the gun, and especially not with enough force to break the gun and drop the hammer. The only thing the testing proves is that Baldwin's excuse could be valid if only he had used something to smack the gun until it broke.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    24684384-7C32-4C10-8593-1287FE4568A2.jpeg

what a loathsome p o s thing to say

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support