Lynx Defense

If You Recognize What's In These Pics, You're Old!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    How many remember their fathers or grandfathers shaving with a straight razor, a cake of shaving soap, a cup and brush for the shaving soap?

I still have my grandfather's straight razor, cup and brush.
    I remember my grandfather using a cup and brush but no straight razor. I had a shave with a straight razor in Manila that was the smoothest shave I've ever had.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    How many remember their fathers or grandfathers shaving with a straight razor, a cake of shaving soap, a cup and brush for the shaving soap?

I still have my grandfather's straight razor, cup and brush.
    I never saw either of my grandfathers shave. I never saw either of them not fully dressed and "presentable". Same goes for my grandmothers. Back then I was "seen and not heard".

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My grandparents raised my brother and me. When I was 16 I got beer drunk and into a fist fight. Broke my hand and had to knock on my grandparents bedroom door at 1:00 am to face the music. My hand was swoll-up like a purple balloon at this point. Grandad made me put on my suit before he drove me to get it set at the ER. Said he wasn't going to be seen with a bum at the hospital.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I never saw either of my grandfathers shave. I never saw either of them not fully dressed and "presentable". Same goes for my grandmothers. Back then I was "seen and not heard".

I remember because he would take his first cup of coffee while shaving, while my Granny made breakfast. I think that I was about five or six and about the time I started drinking coffee!

Saddest part of that, the last couple of months he was alive, the cancer really took him down hard, and he had dropped a lot of weight. But he still insisted on being shaved everyday, and even though he was pretty much bedridden those last couple of months, he still insisted my Granny dress him every morning.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I remember because he would take his first cup of coffee while shaving, while my Granny made breakfast. I think that I was about five or six and about the time I started drinking coffee!

Saddest part of that, the last couple of months he was alive, the cancer really took him down hard, and he had dropped a lot of weight. But he still insisted on being shaved everyday, and even though he was pretty much bedridden those last couple of months, he still insisted my Granny dress him every morning.
    Hey Axxe,

And.........that's why we called the "Old Folks"............."Sir" & "Ma'am"!

God Bless those Memories of Fine Folk!

Later, Mark

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    What's this? Will show your age.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-094015~3.jpg
      Screenshot_20210401-094015~3.jpg
      128.2 KB · Views: 76

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    [/QUOTE
    I never saw one of my grandfathers period. My father was towards the last of a litter of 8 and my grandfather died fairly young. My other was pretty much of a goner and being shaved by my aunt if and when he got shaved. Don't have anything from either one, never thought to want anything.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom