• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I had a buddy (died of cancer) that was a Marine Recon. He had some crazy stories, and he was a bonafide badass. "don't buy that Glock, if you ever have to pistol whip somebody with it, it will fly apart on you......"
    Guns International

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    For several years, back about 40 years ago, I was in and out of VA hospitals while they tried (?) to find out what was wrong with me, on psych wards which is the first the VA would send you to if they couldn't figure out in the first 15 seconds what was causing all that pain up and down the spine, then to spinal injury, and a few that I can't remember. In those years, I met more ex-Navy Seals than have ever been. One in particular would have to have been 12 years old when he enlisted. Another was 300 pounds overweight but had a black belt in some obscure martial art. He could barely kick knee high. He also didn't know how to tie the belt so he carried it. Strange how all the posers were ex-Seals. I never met ex Army Special Forces guy (aka Green Berets) who talked about what they did or tried to be some kind of great war hero. The SF guys just kept quiet.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have noticed that there are suddenly many, many people who claim to be former SEALs that are repairing tires, mopping floors, or otherwise doing jobs that would seem to be less than what one might expect for a former high-achiever. Back after Vietnam, you could see the same kind of guys who all claimed to be former Green Berets because that was the more famous special forces of the time. Now I do have a neighbor's son who really was a Marine sniper. He doesn't talk about that stuff, nor does he point out that status in any conversation. Some things never change: the guys who really were badasses don't talk about it and the guys who couldn't make it through a season of football practice are the ones spouting off things they picked up from video games.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I finished hell week then got a hang nail and had to drop out.
    For reals.
    Future daughter-in-law joined the Army 10+ years ago, spent most of boot camp feeling ill so didn't do any training so they had her sign a release that she was never in the Army then let her go home. I never knew you could basically flunk out of boot camp.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Future daughter-in-law joined the Army 10+ years ago, spent most of boot camp feeling ill so didn't do any training so they had her sign a release that she was never in the Army then let her go home. I never knew you could basically flunk out of boot camp.
    We called them wash outs. We had 2 out of about 50 in my Flight in basic. Both faked back injuries so they eventually processed them out and gave them a bus ticket home

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My daughter joined the Marines, had to jump through hoops to make it in. I was pretty proud of her, completed after a medical problem set her back a class. Went to graduation, brought her home until she went back for advanced training. She got injured and was sent home. Best physical shape of her life. Then she joined the Navy, went through basic and was stationed in FL. Came home again, don't know why, she was hiding and didn't want us to know. After that we haven't been in touch.

Top Bottom