• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Of course everything we do has an impact. But you're confusing society with government.

It's the job of churches and society to shun bad behavior and help those in need. It's the governments job to build (some) roads, provide for military protection and try serious crimes like rape and murder.

Government has to be precluded from having those powers because it can use force to detain and even execute people. When it's scope is not seriously limited you end up with the scope creep we have today that is partially Rs fault as well.

I don't think we need the government doling out licenses and taxes for everything under the sun - especially holy sacraments that are the function of the church.

Not confusing a thing. Parallel kingdoms.
    DK Firearms

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    you are assuming that marriage will always be limited to humans.

Im sorry you took it that way. You wanted examples and I gave them to you. I think man is depraved and will take anything to the extreme and abuse any freedom or liberty given enough time. You think man will limit himself to just gay marriage if the door is opened. I wouldn't bet on it.

there are all sorts of stories where people left money to dogs and cats and even trees
    Woman leaves estate for cats | News | The Advocate ? Baton Rouge, Louisiana

this will not end well for our culture

As long as they don't condone marriage of humans to poodles I really don't care but I don't think doggy marriages deserve tax breaks. In fact, I wish they'd dispose of all marriage tax breaks if gay couples get it because the whole point in giving tax breaks to heterosexual married couples is to promote child bearing... future tax payers... and gay couples can only adopt. They can't make babies.

Things have become so ludicrous that I can't laugh about it anymore.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Things have become so ludicrous that I can't laugh about it anymore.

if you give man enough time left to his own devices, he will ruin just about every good thing.

God gave us sex between man and a woman to enjoy and reproduce... a few thousand years later, two dudes walk into the ER and one of them has a gerbil stuck up his anus...go figure

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    if you give man enough time left to his own devices, he will ruin just about every good thing.

God gave us sex between man and a woman to enjoy and reproduce... a few thousand years later, two dudes walk into the ER and one of them has a gerbil stuck up his anus...go figure

Yeah, I'd say that's bordering on beastiality and is definitely cruelty to animals. If that's what they really want then why don't they just just anal vibrators instead of suffocating poor defenseless little animals? That's just really weird and unusually cruel and extremely selfish.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

ARMAGEDDON! ARMAGEDDON!

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Of course everything we do has an impact. But you're confusing society with government.

It's the job of churches and society to shun bad behavior and help those in need. It's the governments job to build (some) roads, provide for military protection and try serious crimes like rape and murder.

Government has to be precluded from having those powers because it can use force to detain and even execute people. When it's scope is not seriously limited you end up with the scope creep we have today that is partially Rs fault as well.

I don't think we need the government doling out licenses and taxes for everything under the sun - especially holy sacraments that are the function of the church.
    I thought the govs job was take up tv time, shun sports team names and owners, take care of the elderly and poor, set speed traps and create jobs?
    Edit- they also give money to New Yorkers for reporting prepared citizens.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    They dig up Mosquitos that are stuck in Amber. Then they extract the DNA from the Mosquitos stomach and make dinosaurs on a small island. It's pretty sweet bro.
    ygejaqed.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Everything we do affects others to some degree. Some things more than others.

If you dont believe the "Law" was handed down by God...then the Jews made it up. Why would God hand down the law or from another perspective why would they make it up? It made the people, families and community stronger.

If I am a sinful person that negatively affects my community. If I am not a sinful person (which usually involves being indulgent) that is a benefit to society and makes it stronger.
    I see what you're saying but I disagree. I think a lot of sinful actions have no effect on the community as a whole. Law is made to protect communities and individuals.

Hypothetical situation- someone grows weed in they're closet from seeds they bought online. They smoke what they grow on the weekends and order 2 delivery pizzas and some wings each day. Where did society get damaged in this hypothetical situation? Substitute weed for beer and home brewing. Same question.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I see what you're saying but I disagree. I think a lot of sinful actions have no effect on the community as a whole. Law is made to protect communities and individuals.

Hypothetical situation- someone grows weed in they're closet from seeds they bought online. They smoke what they grow on the weekends and order 2 delivery pizzas and some wings each day. Where did society get damaged in this hypothetical situation? Substitute weed for beer and home brewing. Same question.

Fast forward a few months, loser pot head can't keep his job and is fired and gets unemployment and a nice new shiny Lone Star Card and then I buy his sorry ass groceries. Then he runs into the back of your wife's car while on a grocery run and it turns out he doesn't' have insurance either. He is suspected of being high by the police, fails a field test and is gets arrested.
    Since the bail bondsman doesn't take the Long Star Card, he sits on Jail for 15 days, costing me 3 hots and a cot.

While in jail he hooks up with more experienced pot growers and makes plans for a bigger operation..... and the story goes on..

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Fast forward a few months, loser pot head can't keep his job and is fired and gets unemployment and a nice new shiny Lone Star Card and then I buy his sorry ass groceries. Then he runs into the back of your wife's car while on a grocery run and it turns out he doesn't' have insurance either. He is suspected of being high by the police, fails a field test and is gets arrested.
    Since the bail bondsman doesn't take the Long Star Card, he sits on Jail for 15 days, costing me 3 hots and a cot.

While in jail he hooks up with more experienced pot growers and makes plans for a bigger operation..... and the story goes on..
    You added to my hypothetical. Don't do that. That's like saying "you can buy guns at a gun show without a background check, so you buy an AR15 or AK variant and go shoot up a school or a kindergarten."

This is was my hypothetical that I made up. Don't mess with it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You added to my hypothetical. Don't do that. That's like saying "you can buy guns at a gun show without a background check, so you buy an AR15 or AK variant and go shoot up a school or a kindergarten."

This is was my hypothetical that I made up. Don't mess with it.

your hypothetical contained a question. That was my answer. you should better define that you will only accept answers you agree with or just don't ask questions in your narratives;)

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    your hypothetical contained a question. That was my answer. you should better define that you will only accept answers you agree with or just don't ask questions in your narratives;)
    I asked where was society damaged in this situation.

That's not the same as write a narrative where the subject can harm society at a later time. You added a new narrative. That's not answering the question at all and (as I pointed out) adding hypotheticals to a hypothetical doesn't do anything but create a longer story where you made yourself a victim. No questions answered.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I asked where was society damaged in this situation.

That's not the same as write a narrative where the subject can harm society at a later time. You added a new narrative. That's not answering the question at all and (as I pointed out) adding hypotheticals to a hypothetical doesn't do anything but create a longer story where you made yourself a victim. No questions answered.
    your hypothetical model was flawed and not sustainable when exposed to the statistics

the numbers show those who use drugs or alcohol for years ends up effecting their lives or health in a bad way and end up costing society in the long run.
    if you confined your hypothetical situation to a time limit of a few months, then maybe, but you didn't pose that

Last edited:
    Top Bottom