• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Buckmark has won the "TGT 22 handgun shoot" 2 years running...just saying :)

Indeed it has. But this year I have my own gun to use, and hopefully will get a little trigger time behind it before April, so I might put up a little better fight :)

... as long as the artist with a handgun doesn't show up, I guess.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Indeed it has. But this year I have my own gun to use, and hopefully will get a little trigger time behind it before April, so I might put up a little better fight :)

... as long as the artist with a handgun doesn't show up, I guess.
    The 2 times I've shot that buckmark....were the two TGT meetups lol

Sent from...wait where am I!?

mike_mck2

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Georgetown,TX
    I have a Mark III 22/45 bull barrel, 22/45 Lite and a Buckmark Camper UFX.

Honestly, my preference switches between whichever I'm shooting at the time.

I do prefer the sights on the Buckmark and the grip feels a bit better. The buckmark mags are also easier to load by hand.

The grip on the Mark III 22/45 is a bit thin. Someone else summed it up nicely, saying it like "gripping a deck of cards".

All three shoot very accurately for me and I have had zero problems with any of them.

Cscollis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Frisco
    I did read all of the posts but I would suggest the SW victory. The victory is extremely accurate and has a more than a decent aftermarket. It is also easy to take down.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I did read all of the posts but I would suggest the SW victory. The victory is extremely accurate and has a more than a decent aftermarket. It is also easy to take down.

How is that screw on the bottom. I heard some of them come loose and to find a rubber washer to put in if that happens.
    I have heard good things about the ease of stripping it and like those fiber optic sights. My current buckmark is approaching the end of its useful life and thats high on the potential replacement list.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

How is that screw on the bottom. I heard some of them come loose and to find a rubber washer to put in if that happens.
    I have heard good things about the ease of stripping it and like those fiber optic sights. My current buckmark is approaching the end of its useful life and thats high on the potential replacement list.

I didn't have any trouble with my takedown screw until the second cleaning a few hundred rounds in. Put a split washer in place and have had no trouble since. It IS something S&W should address; but it's an easy fix. I swapped my 22/45 toward the Victory and now have two...stock sights are just fine for me; but a red dot is really nice on the Vic. Stainless steel, two mags, fiber optic sights and a darned good trigger right out of the box for a hundred bucks less than a comparable Ruger, I reckon ;)

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Good to hear. Agreed, S&W should address with a washer as that seems to be the only issue I have heard about. Now that Ruger has stepped up their game with the rear slide release all three of the biggies (Buckmark, Ruger, S&W) are pretty competitive in terms of field stripping.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It ain't pretty. But looks like it has a pretty beefy grip.

My biggest issue with most .22 pistols is the tiny grips, it's the reason I traded my Ruger for a Buck Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Well as an aside I acquired the S&W Victory. Something broke in the (trigger or firing spring or something) while sighting it in. Its been coming onto five weeks since I sent it back to the shop.

Skip the S&W .22s.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Well as an aside I acquired the S&W Victory. Something broke in the (trigger or firing spring or something) while sighting it in. Its been coming onto five weeks since I sent it back to the shop.

Skip the S&W .22s.

I have a 422 that I have owned since the late 80's. Its a great gun and has never spit the bit.

FYI, I bought the Buckmark. I love it. It fits my hand well, and just feels good when I shoot it. Glad I made that call.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

Skip the S&W .22s.
    Sorry to hear that. I did have trouble with a firing pin spring thingy busting after 1500-2000 rounds...they kept it for a while as they asked for the pistol to be sent back for inspection. It runs just peachy now as does the one I bought a few months ago as a 'second'. Trigger on the newer one is even better than my first one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a 422 that I have owned since the late 80's. Its a great gun and has never spit the bit.

FYI, I bought the Buckmark. I love it. It fits my hand well, and just feels good when I shoot it. Glad I made that call.

That's really the big appeal of the Buckmark for me. Th Rugers just feel way to slim. Buckmark grip fills the hand much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I went to the store intending to buy a Ruger and changed my mind because the Buck mark Camper felt so good.

I have not not regretted that one bit. That pistol is darn accurate. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy with the Ruger, but I've been really happy with mine.

Now make sure sure and get a McFadden clip loader. They are awesome, and save your thumbs.

Top Bottom