• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Wife and I was talking about that just this morning. Amazing how the country, specifically advertising, went banana's. Seems to me it really started with George Floyd.
    Target Sports

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Wife and I was talking about that just this morning. Amazing how the country, specifically advertising, went banana's. Seems to me it really started with George Floyd.
    It started when Obozo shined the LGBTQ colors onto the Whitehouse. I went full on that night,
    These events were merely tools used by the liberals in promotion of their goals.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We record in order to fast forward any commercials.

I enjoy watching TV...can't actually read 'the printed word' any longer (except for here) as my eyes tire so easily now...but, I constantly 'listen' to audio-books, I'd rather read, but listening is still pretty good entertainment.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have satellite TV service mainly for the gf. I laugh at her bitching about all the wokeness in commercials and many shows on TV. I rarely watch TV myself. Internet has replaced TV for me years ago. If I really want to watch something, I'll stream it. I even broke down and pay for premium Youtube to avoid commercials.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I am a short white guy and want to be on a pro basketball team. Diversity. Ain't gona happen. I am a dumb (pick your minority-except asian) and want to be a doctor. Welcome.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I don't watch commercials, and I don't watch regular TV.

Streaming services are the way to go. And if I'm watching a show and they start that garbage, I either fast forward or stop watching that show.

Example: Star Trek Discovery... I hate that show. They just had to have a Chinese captain (China has got it's hooks into Hollywood now), and a gay engineer doing lip locks with his "partner". Blech.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Here's my favorite:

A gay actor gets mad when a hetero actor is cast to play a gay. "Hire gay actors" the LGBTQ chorus screams.

(First of all, its called "Acting".)

FINE.

From now on, only hetero actors are allowed to play hetero characters. Only gay actors are allowed to play gay characters.

Best of luck to each group finding parts.

What about the Asians who got mad when Scarlett Johansson was cast in Ghost in the Shell?

"That's BS...you should have hired an Asian to be true to the story"

FINE.

If the story was originally an Asian one, then only Asian actors can play Asian roles. Same for non-Asian stories and non-Asian actors.

And as long as we are trying to stick to the original story, what is up with rewriting classic novels with "more inclusive" language?

Last edited:

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I'm an old guy and my wife and I still watch cable TV, lots of it DVR'd, most of it old re runs. Definite trends we have noticed in TV commercials nowadays:

- the lack of "beautiful people". Shit, look at Victoria Secrets, all of their beautiful models are gone.

- blacks make up over half the actors in commercials in the span of a 30 minute show. We actually counted. There are many commercials where there is not one single white person.

- in many commercials, blacks are portrayed as wise, rational, clear-thinking characters or in leadership positions while their white counterparts are comical, goofy, and stupid.

- a large percentage of couples in commercials are interracial.

- a gay agenda of some sorts is in many commercials, even though they make up only 4% of the population.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I'm an old guy and my wife and I still watch cable TV, lots of it DVR'd, most of it old re runs. Definite trends we have noticed in TV commercials nowadays:

- the lack of "beautiful people". Shit, look at Victoria Secrets, all of their beautiful models are gone.

- blacks make up over half the actors in commercials in the span of a 30 minute show. We actually counted. There are many commercials where there is not one single white person.

- in many commercials, blacks are portrayed as wise, rational, clear-thinking characters or in leadership positions while their white counterparts are comical, goofy, and stupid.

- a large percentage of couples in commercials are interracial.

- a gay agenda of some sorts is in many commercials, even though they make up only 4% of the population.
    You got that right. And now the president doesn't want the most capable person for a job. A more diverse cabinet. I just don't get it.

Top Bottom