• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Shot placement matters

Keep relying on that perfect shot placement. When your heart is pounding so loud you can hear it in your ears. And the adrenaline surge has your hands shaking. Your fight or flight instinct has your emotions sky high. Sure.

There are some basic principles of science involved here. Bigger hole means bigger wound channel. More bleeding, more nerves damaged and screaming.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Remington UMC is $35 and Federal AE is $36. Both notoriously under powered. IMO $24 is not unreasonable for good full power 10mm.
    Yeah its what I buy. Actually think it came down a little. Last time I bought it I remember it being more like $26 box. Maybe that was including tax :laughing:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Keep relying on that perfect shot placement. When your heart is pounding so loud you can hear it in your ears. And the adrenaline surge has your hands shaking. Your fight or flight instinct has your emotions sky high. Sure.

There are some basic principles of science involved here. Bigger hole means bigger wound channel. More bleeding, more nerves damaged and screaming.
    You made my point dare in Baroca.. and shoot till they catch fire or change shape

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Never have shot a 9mm or a 40 caliber.

You're not missing anything...

To be honest, the alleged "top dog" (as the OP claims) is far from it, and given that it is falling out of favor with many law enforcement agencies it will only be a matter of time before it follows the .45 GAP into obscurity. It was a compromise round that has no real advantages over its smaller (9mm) or fatter (.45 ACP) cousins. The popularity of it accelerated with the passage of the now-expired Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 which prohibited sales of pistol or rifle magazines that could hold more than ten rounds regardless of caliber. Several states and a number of local governments also banned or regulated so-called "high capacity" magazines. As a result, many new firearm buyers limited to purchasing pistols with a maximum magazine capacity of 10 rounds chose pistols in .40 instead of smaller-diameter cartridges such as the 9x19mm (9mm Luger or 9mm Parabellum) (all that stolen from Wikipedia).

But now that the AWB is history (that should be forgotten) and as stated many police departments are moving away from the .40, I see it just a matter of time before it too fades into the sunset. Of course, the sales of cheap former duty pistols will buoy it for a while, but once ammo costs start to increase and availability gets tougher, that will be the writing on the wall...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    At one point I had handguns in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. Eventually I realized there was just no point in having a .40 S&W anymore. Kept 9mm for it’s usefulness and the .45 because it’s an antique model shooting an outdated cartridge. Same reason I have a BP pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Top Bottom