Venture Surplus ad

Is Perry really going to doany good activating the Guard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sending money to a family member is stretching the concept of commerce.

Only way I can see an argument being made is based on the fact that those sending the money are citizens of Mexico, not the US. Even that is really stretching it.

But hey, what could possibly be bad about having more government intrusion in the private sector, right?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sending money to a family member is stretching the concept of commerce.

Only way I can see an argument being made is based on the fact that those sending the money are citizens of Mexico, not the US. Even that is really stretching it.

But hey, what could possibly be bad about having more government intrusion in the private sector, right?

A company does it for them. Its usually not a direct handoff. Also if that were the case I think we have limits on how much cash you can take out of the country.

So its 1943, should the US government allow me to send oil to my friends in Germany?

Our gov and major companies as well are funding our own undoing.

I do agree that much of the right is OK with this madness or feints resistance in order to drive down labor costs and boost profit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A company does it for them. Its usually not a direct handoff. Also if that were the case I think we have limits on how much cash you can take out of the country.

So its 1943, should the US government allow me to send oil to my friends in Germany?

Probably, unless you are supporting the Nazis. But I'd imagine you would send it to those who are resisting them and would use it to fight back.

You don't support the Nazis, do you?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    We should make it illegal to employ illegal immigrants. Problem solved.
    It already is. The problem is, the penalties are not near severe enough.
    I actually like the idea of sanctions preventing money from flowing South. I think that would work better than the current system since they aren't supposed to have a job anyway.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    No need to make anything illegal. Ass you need is another of those universal access fees, you know like the ones on your phone bills to help pay for Obama phones and internet access for the Amish. 200% should be about right.

I have stated this many times; the solution to the illegals is to cut off their ability to mooch off the tax payer. All of it. If they cant get jobs, cant get LoneStar, cant get medical, cant get schools.... They will go somewhere else. Its not rocket science. It just takes uncorrupt politicians who have balls. Sadly we are lacking in that department.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No need to make anything illegal. Ass you need is another of those universal access fees, you know like the ones on your phone bills to help pay for Obama phones and internet access for the Amish. 200% should be about right.

I have stated this many times; the solution to the illegals is to cut off their ability to mooch off the tax payer. All of it. If they cant get jobs, cant get LoneStar, cant get medical, cant get schools.... They will go somewhere else. Its not rocket science. It just takes uncorrupt politicians who have balls. Sadly we are lacking in that department.

Its a morally bankrupt situation when you have to sacrifice through paying taxes so someone else can work for cash and benefit from your taxes through handout.

When will it end? When our economy gets real. When they stop propping it up artificially.

When American men are looking at their hungry wife and kids while others are eating, thats when it will get real. I fear for that day too though because it won't be pretty. Id far rather fix the problem soon.

Now we have a gov that basically props things up and pays off people with debt fueled benefits to buy their complicity and silence.

Read the book of Ruth. The widow was scavenging in fields after they had been harvested just to survive. Compare that to our poor now who demand more and more. Eventually Atlas will shrug or we will stop pulling the plow right?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It already is.

Exactly.

Also, as mentioned before, stop giving them free shit.

There are plenty of ways to deal with this without adding more gov intrusion in the private sector.

Cut off money to Mexico unless they start taking their responsibility seriously. Increase tariffs on good from Mexico. That would make it hard on them, and maybe even drive some jobs back to the US.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Id send it to Rommel.

Then you become a traitor and should be treated as such.

However, someone sending mo ey they got paid to their wife/mother/etc in Mexico is a far cry from sending money to a regime that is murdering millions and trying to take over all of Europe.

My problem with the situation relates more to the FSA than someone working and getting paid for it. Although, if they aren't willing to come here legally, I fully support removing them from our economy.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Then you become a traitor and should be treated as such.

However, someone sending mo ey they got paid to their wife/mother/etc in Mexico is a far cry from sending money to a regime that is murdering millions and trying to take over all of Europe.

My problem with the situation relates more to the FSA than someone working and getting paid for it. Although, if they aren't willing to come here legally, I fully support removing them from our economy.

People are sending money back to the cartel which is killing people left and right down there.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So. We need to have huge fines for employing illegals AND stop money from flowing back across the border.

Im not one for ever expanding laws. I believe there are already plenty of laws its just they are using judicial and prosecutorial discretion to not enforce them. Thats the real problem.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its totally insane that people say "you cant just go around rounding up illegals". Really? Why not?

They can see and record this conversation and know who I am and how much is in my bank account and what I bought from midway last night but they cant raid a chicken farm in Arkansas and deport people?

There is cant and there is won't. The gov is really good at doing the things they want to do whether they should be done or not. Some things they should be doing and are mandated to do Constitutionally they are just choosing not to do because its beneficial not to do so.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So. We need to have huge fines for employing illegals AND stop money from flowing back across the border.

Im not one for ever expanding laws. I believe there are already plenty of laws its just they are using judicial and prosecutorial discretion to not enforce them. Thats the real problem.

And you propose to solve this with new laws that will probably recurve just as much/little enforcement?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Its totally insane that people say "you cant just go around rounding up illegals". Really? Why not?

They can see and record this conversation and know who I am and how much is in my bank account and what I bought from midway last night but they cant raid a chicken farm in Arkansas and deport people?

There is cant and there is won't. The gov is really good at doing the things they want to do whether they should be done or not. Some things they should be doing and are mandated to do Constitutionally they are just choosing not to do because its beneficial not to do so.

Yup.

And we won't fix that with new laws to not enforce. Don't let it tempt you to give the gov more power. In the end it will only be used against us.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    And you propose to solve this with new laws that will probably recurve just as much/little enforcement?

Is it my preference? No. But im not a libertarian.

We have laws about not chaining up your alligator on a sidewalk on Sunday. We have lots of laws that should be repealed, lots that are ignored. None of it is ideal.

Should we have to pass more laws to stop what is already illegal? No. We shouldnt have to. But until we get actual leaders in government we may have to get the laws passed to make them do their jobs which they currently arent doing.

Of course Im for enforcing existing laws. BHO is choosing which laws to enforce and which to leave unforced. This an opportunity for the legislative branch to assert its power and bring the executive in check. That can be done through defunding, impeaching or passing effective laws that the executive cant find loopholes in and has to sign or tie him up in political red tape to where he cant do anything but EOs the rest of his term.

No I dont like the current situation but we cant just do thought exercises to get out of it. Got to start somewhere. I think I like defunding more and more. Shut it down!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom