• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I too am from Oregon. I have to disagree with ya though. I know lots of pro gun Oregonians. Many of them in Portland.

The trouble is there's just not enough of them.
    That pretty much sums up my analogy. See we agree there aren’t many there, despite you knowing the ones there.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The Democratic party shifted left and left the conservatives in Texas behind. So the Republican party quickly took hold.

I can remember when there were often no Republican candidates on the ballot.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    No comment???
    When I first replied to your post, all that was there was a blank page under the quote, which is why I added blank space to my quote of your post. You must have posted your quote of my post first, then gone back and added your comments. So I am guessing I caught your post before you edited to add your comments?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    When I first replied to your post, all that was there was a blank page under the quote, which is why I added blank space to my quote of your post. You must have posted your quote of my post first, then gone back and added your comments. So I am guessing I caught your post before you edited to add your comments?

I hit the wrong button first and had to edit to add my post. Somehow it left the blank post also???

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    We are a Republic by design. EC prevents the majority from running over States Rights (you remember States, Right?) In fact there was originally another control on that issue because the State Legislatures use to appoint the 2 Senators from each state. They were not directly elected until a Constitutional amendment made that happen. Therefore the popular vote was originally for the House AND the President only. SOOOOOOO if we had no electoral College ALL ELECTIONS would be controlled by the major population locations WHICH has just shifted in the last couple decades from rural to metro. SO without it we would have had sHilary instead of Trump. Thank GOD for our EC. My opinion is that the Senate should also still be State appointed. Then the Senate would ALWAYS stay conservative. Read Mark Lavin's book about the needed Constitutional Amendments.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom