• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The votes none of you are counting is the new batch of brainwashed 18- 20 year old's. They changed the elections in 2018 in many places, now there is going to more of them in 2020. WE can only count on rural America to save us.
    You are correct, the demographics are against us, and the tide is turning blue. Makes me glad I am old. The math is against rural America. Not gonna save us.
    Venture Surplus ad

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Affordable for who? It certainly isn't affordable for me. My Medicare, supplemental and drug plans together cost me $5,000 a year in round numbers, while they paid out a total of less than $200 for me last year. What a deal!

It's not affordable for anyone, it's a screwed up subsidized system that causes goods and services to cost more. Just like any government subsidized system. Student loans, medical care, and anything else you subsidize with government dollars make the cost go up..

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    That was then, but it is not going to be enough in the coming years, perhaps as early as 2020, but I'd bet by 2024 for sure for exactly the reasons that you said in your earlier post.
    70 yrs old, I too am glad I am on the down hill side.

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    There is an issue that has come up before in the context of several issues.

I'm still waiting for someone, Dem or GOP, to present me with a rational argument for keeping the electoral college.

The usual recommendation is something lame and non-compelling like "Dumb ass, look in any middle school civic text.".
    When I read about the electoral college all I find is an old moribund relic from centuries ago.

I say one citizen gets one vote. Like when we got for mayors or a governor.
    Winner-take-all be damned.

Anyone?
    Then we would be England and vote on whimsy rather than reality. The coasts would plan our lives and we in the middle would be screwed. Rational argument? Just look at voter demographics.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    All of Texas was red in 2018 except the valley and major cities.
    The problem of just looking at a map of the red/blue vote of the state is the numbers. For example: in just the Senate 2018 race, Dallum County with 1115 voters voted 87% or 970 votes Red. - v.s. Harris county with 1.2 million voters voted 700K,or 58% Democrat. you only need about 1100 counties like Dallum to counter just Harris county. All the red counties in Texas just barely edged out the blue counties in Texas in 2018. By 2020 unless the Republicans get serious and make some hard effort to convert Dems, and to motivate conservative voters of any party affiliation, 2020 Texas will be a very different political landscape.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    All the red counties in Texas just barely edged out the blue counties in Texas in 2018. By 2020 unless the Republicans get serious and make some hard effort to convert Dems, and to motivate conservative voters of any party affiliation, 2020 Texas will be a very different political landscape.
    My point exactly!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    'splain please, I don't get it.

Medicare Supplemental Plan F and Plan G are two popular plans that are favorites of seniors.

Plan F has no deductible, and IIRC, Plan G has a small deductible/per year. Neither pays drug benefits, so you must have a separate drug plan also.

I asked because I'm looking for a better plan for my wife, other than the Medicare Advantage plan.

The $2500/year mentioned, with drug coverage, is what caught my eye.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Medicare Supplemental Plan F and Plan G are two popular plans that are favorites of seniors.

Plan F has no deductible, and IIRC, Plan G has a small deductible/per year. Neither pays drug benefits, so you must have a separate drug plan also.

I asked because I'm looking for a better plan for my wife, other than the Medicare Advantage plan.

The $2500/year mentioned is what caught my eye.
    Thanks for that info. I need to look at those plans also. Sould'a done it before YE 2018. Guess I got complacent.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    IIRC, didn't CA used to be able to say the same in the 50's & 60's, maybe even late than that?

It wasn’t until the 90s that Texas started to vote primarily Republican. That doesn’t mean Texas was liberal.

Colors on a map don’t necessarily reflect political philosophies...they only reflect participation rate and sometimes density depending on the complexity of the infographic.

Also, how Texans vote for national offices is only loosely correlated to state offices.

Top Bottom