• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    While I feel a lot of contempt in my heart for this deputy, my true anger is reserved for the rotten and corrupt political environment that allowed this entire event to fester. The deputy was setup to fail by the politicians above him. The Sheriff and others in authority utterly failed those that were killed.
    Texas SOT

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    While I feel a lot of contempt in my heart for this deputy, my true anger is reserved for the rotten and corrupt political environment that allowed this entire event to fester. The deputy was setup to fail by the politicians above him. The Sheriff and others in authority utterly failed those that were killed.
    He was still a adult human being, and should have intervened.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From the looks of Cruz, I wouldn't doubt he would have pissed himself and dropped the rifle if Peterson would have just fired a shot in the air.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What happened?
    Nothing much. It was a road rage incident. He was (apparently) a drunk with a shotgun loaded with birdshot and he was way too far away. Yeah, he wanted to kill me but when his shotgun ran dry, he just jumped in his car and drove off.

Scared the crap out of me when I realized what was happening. And by the time I realized what was happening, it was over.

Remember, the original question that I quoted and answered wasn't "Who has been under fire from a trained enemy?"; it was simply "Ever been shot at?"

There have been other types of danger at other times but they aren't on topic.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    At the ranges that would have probably been involved I would rather have the old trusty 870 loaded with 00 or #1 buck than an AR. At 25yds and under a 12ga trumps an AR every time.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    avvidclif,

TRUE. = #1 Buck in a Model 37 Ithaca riot-gun being my favorite for ranges to 50M.
    (Beyond 50M, imVho, is a job for a rifle & I would prefer a .308WCF or a .30-06 with a decent scope.)

yours, satx

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    From the looks of Cruz, I wouldn't doubt he would have pissed himself and dropped the rifle if Peterson would have just fired a shot in the air.

Don’t most mass shooters commit suicide or surrender when they encounter law enforcement? I don’t recall many school shooters actually engaging law enforcement. I think they tend to be cowards only interested in shooting unarmed innocents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    For those commenting. How many of you have walked the walk???? If you've never been there you think you know how you would react but don't know for sure. If you have a CIB you probably know.

I have one
    g?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4pJEd5SIfU0Rb-CUoYV0cFD6PW8C8EIhWBMInpwKVDD0ExVeBqCltXfC_xNGOfC-21XBOTU0&usqp=CAc.jpg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Supposedly....he saw the kid get out of his Uber ride, recognized him and watched him enter the school with a backpack...I heard that on the news today...

If that is true......

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    For those commenting. How many of you have walked the walk???? If you've never been there you think you know how you would react but don't know for sure. If you have a CIB you probably know.

Don't feed us that bullshit, three JROTC cadets and a gym coach showed more courage than this man. It was pure cowardice and he deserves all the public shaming he gets. He knew the potential for such a situation the second he pinned on that badge. There isn't one person in law enforcement that doesn't realize they may face such circumstances one day, and what will be expected from them when they do.

And just so you know, I spent 25 years in the military and an additional 12 as a defense contractor, so I have "walked the walk"...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    He was still a adult human being, and should have intervened.

Bingo! He should have intervened because he was armed and could protect innocent lives. You don't have to be in the military or a cop to do the right thing when the time comes, and fear is to be expected but it shouldn't stop a man from doing what he has to do.

But the fact that it was his duty to intervene, and he failed, makes it even worse...

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not directed at anyone, but...

What about a CHL holder? If you were there dropping off your kid or whatever the scenario, maybe just a passer by. Non LEO. As a civilian outside the school before police arrive. Would you enter the school in an active shooter situation to engage the shooter? What if you are then mistaken as "THE" shooter?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not directed at anyone, but...

What about a CHL holder? If you were there dropping off your kid or whatever the scenario, maybe just a passer by. Non LEO. As a civilian outside the school before police arrive. Would you enter the school in an active shooter situation to engage the shooter? What if you are then mistaken as "THE" shooter?

What if you were inside the school when it happened?

What if you were outside AND the shooter was outside?

If I were outside and the shooter were inside I would expect the uniformed officer inside to do his job.

If I were inside and saw the armed security coward running away I would try to save kids lives.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    What if you were inside the school when it happened?

What if you were outside AND the shooter was outside?

If I were outside and the shooter were inside I would expect the uniformed officer inside to do his job.

If I were inside and saw the armed security coward running away I would try to save kids lives.
    The simple answer for me is if I have the shot to end a situation like that I will definetly do my best. If I were inside most schools I would not likely be armed though.

If I were outside I probably would be armed.

That's why I ask about entering a school with a carry gun in that type of situation. There isn't an officer inside. Or maybe that one is a coward and hiding

Top Bottom