• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Dude. Comprehend what I've repeated ad nauseum THE LP DOES NOT RETURN THE OPERATOR. IT RETURNS THE R/O. THEY ARE NOT ASSUMED ONE IN THE SAME.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    He didn't get shot because he ran a red light. He got shot because he led the Police on a 130 mph chase while disregarding traffic laws. If not stopped he would eventually cause a collision with a good chance of seriously injuring or killing an innocent party.

Agreed. Being shot wasn't his punishment. He still gets to go to jail and court. He just detoured to hospital while in custody.

Also his driving history does matter. It affects the DL status going forward. It also does affect the punishment when applied to traffic violations.

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Don't think I would have shot at the fool,but kicking him off the bike was
    no big damned deal.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Don't think I would have shot at the fool,but kicking him off the bike was
    no big damned deal.
    Really?? I'm leaning more towards the opposite. He was giving up, wasn't making threatening moves...if it was bad enough to shoot at him, why wouldn't he draw down on him and order him to the ground like we've seen a hundred times by other officers? Kick was unnecessary

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    How do you know he was giving up, cuz he slowed down?

You know those bikes can get up to 60 in 3-4 seconds. Maybe he was waiting fur cop to get out then gunning it. He'd leave Cop 1/4 to 1/2 MI behind.

Armchair quarterbacking

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    How do you know he was giving up, cuz he slowed down?

You know those bikes can get up to 60 in 3-4 seconds. Maybe he was waiting fur cop to get out then gunning it. He'd leave Cop 1/4 to 1/2 MI behind.

Armchair quarterbacking

Didja watch the whole video? He clearly puts his kickstand down and is lifting his leg off the bike to get off as the Trooper kicks. I think I'll stretch out my lazy boy a little and accept the armchair comment on this one.

What if the guy turned around and shot at the Trooper? If the Trooper was running at him, obviously without his gun drawn, would he have been able to draw and hit the biker? Doubtful. Haven't been a cop but I know plenty, and they all say the same thing. Complacency kills.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Fyi, you can bypass the side stand kill switch on bikes, so he could still drop the stand and still take off at the same time

See how easy to say woulda/shoulda/coulda

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    It's funny how we all can see the same video but all have different opinions about it. Heh

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Really?? I'm leaning more towards the opposite. He was giving up, wasn't making threatening moves...if it was bad enough to shoot at him, why wouldn't he draw down on him and order him to the ground like we've seen a hundred times by other officers? Kick was unnecessary

You don't know he was giving up,and you don't know whether or not he
    ignored an order to dismount and get on the ground.That little light kick was less aggressive than aiming a gun at him,or shooting him again.This
    goof was lucky he only sustained a superficial wound.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    You don't know he was giving up,and you don't know whether or not he
    ignored an order to dismount and get on the ground.That little light kick was less aggressive than aiming a gun at him,or shooting him again.This
    goof was lucky he only sustained a superficial wound.
    Hmmmm, we clearly heard him say "pull over" before we heard gun shots. Didn't hear any commands at the stop though.

As far as the kick, it was a felony stop. Usually protocol is gun drawn for felony stops, not a flying kick. I don't mind police being aggressive when they need to be, as long as it's safe and not reckless.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    There are commands at the stop. Troop says Get down on the ground (twice) and he gives the perp 10sec before he puts him on the ground. The perp tapped down, leaned over to grab the kickstand by the hand - took his sweet time complying.

eta
    It was a felony stop and gunpoint was acceptable. But the Trooper was alone and the perp had already shown he would run. It was unknown to the Trooper if the perp was armed at that point. (Curious if he knew if he was hit in the leg). Trooper took the opportunity to take the guy down when his back was turned to him. That is the opportunity he saw to get the guy under control and cuffed and he acted.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Let it go shorts.

I'm a law abiding citizen. I don't take "commands" very well.
    Not well at all.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Bottom line. Cops (or anybody else) shouldn't shoot somebody who is NOT a threat to them or the public! At least not a stupid motorcyclist who is basically a threat basically only to himself!

Kick his damn motorcycle over to get him to stop, I'm OK with that but .............. shooting him is pure bullshit!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom