• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    I'm more than a little upset right now. I have a major peeve with gun sellers who post on forums, make a deal then sell to someone else and don't have to balls to tell the original customer what they've done. I try to find ways to not only accommodate their price but location as well. I've usually put myself out as well, after all I'm the one wanting to buy what they have offered for sell but to sell the item to someone else and then not tell me! To avoid my calls! Is there not any honor out there? I'm a big girl I can take some disappointment but I hate being treated like a second class person simply because you don't have guts to admit your lack of character, honor or integrity.
    Lynx Defense

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm more than a little upset right now. I have a major peeve with gun sellers who post on forums, make a deal then sell to someone else and don't have to balls to tell the original customer what they've done. I try to find ways to not only accommodate their price but location as well. I've usually put myself out as well, after all I'm the one wanting to buy what they have offered for sell but to sell the item to someone else and then not tell me! To avoid my calls! Is there not any honor out there? I'm a big girl I can take some disappointment but I hate being treated like a second class person simply because you don't have guts to admit your lack of character, honor or integrity.

Legitimate gripe.
    Give 'em hell Suzi!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You lose credibilty yourself if you start a rant and then don't respond to others, especially as a new member. Hope you'll be back soon.
    Chunky asked a good question.

On the other hand, if your story is on the up n up, I agree with Vaquero but think you should name them also.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Otay....who/what/when/where?

If it's someone from THIS forum, we all want (and need) to know about it. If it's from another forum, we still need to know - because many of us haunt a number of different forums. Wrong is wrong - and I don't deal with four-flushers.

But....it's also frustrating (and rude) to post a rant, then provide no further details....<hint>

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    If this happened through this forum, then you need to contact the admin and mods before airing any dirty laundry in front of the general membership.
    This will allow them to contact the sellers in question and find their side of the story & take appropriate action.

As far as her not answering anything yet, I'm not worried. It's only been a few hours. Some people log on, log off, and then not log back on for another day or so.
    So, if she comes back within a day or so, then I'm okay. If not, then spray her with the troll spray!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yet not a peep...

I've been burned like this a few times from TexasGunTrader, but not (deliberately) on this forum. As many of you know, I was the victim of an ad where while I posted the first reply, someone allegedly PM'd the seller before me which is why I still believe the ROE should be that all responses should be first placed in the ad thread then followed by a PM.

Cheers! M2

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    No, not here but it seems to be happening more often. I was willing to drive almost to Dallas today to give a guy what he was asking for an old rifle. He agreed then when it was time to set up a meeting place he wouldn't answer his phone.

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    No troll spray please. Just had to eat and collect trash for pick up. It happened through Texas Gun Traders. Someone got my son last week on the same forum.

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    The OP's situation for sure is not an acceptable way for a seller to behave. On the flip side, just last week I had a gun listed for sale (on a different site), and had an agreement with a buyer. After waiting an hour after the agreed upon date and time, I made contact with him. Apologies were made, and an agreement for meeting the next day. Yep, again a no show. He never did make contact. I decided to just forget him, and move to the next buyer that had an interest.
    In my case, as the seller, I decided that the buyer wasn't worth my time and effort. So, both sellers and buyers need to do a little better at communicating.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    No, not here but it seems to be happening more often. I was willing to drive almost to Dallas today to give a guy what he was asking for an old rifle. He agreed then when it was time to set up a meeting place he wouldn't answer his phone.

No troll spray please. Just had to eat and collect trash for pick up. It happened through Texas Gun Traders. Someone got my son last week on the same forum.

Glad you're back, and gave clarification.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a higher caliber (pun intended) of sellers on this forum. There is some honor here.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Suzi -
    Unfortunately, it's my experience that many on Texas Gun Trader are pretty much not very honorable. I've gotten some excellent deals from there and met many fine folks - but there's also of ton of jerks there, many of whom won't even respond to emails, or remove an ad once it's sold.
    Stick around - other than some of the Austin and Houston folks, most here are pretty decent sorts....

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Class is class; some have it, some don't. (TexasRedneck actually has class, but he camouflages it pretty good!)

Glad you reposted, Suzi! We need to save the troll spray for other special guests!

Top Bottom