• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Great. I'm going up towards Dallas to trade some guns Monday with someone off TGTrader. Hope it all works out.
    Hurley's Gold

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Hey - yer gonna ruin mah reputation.....

You do that plenty of enough around here.

Suzi, dont listen to that Texas Redneck guy. The Houstonites on here are a very good bunch.

Well ok, Most of them are.

Ok, Some of them are.

Well damn a few of us are.

Alright dag nabit I am and I am a transplant to Houston from North of the Mason Dixon Line so there.

Radioman

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    oh and sorry to hear about the failed purchase. But on the bright side from what you have said you didnt make the drive and then find out it was a waste.

Radioman

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Houston, and from north of the mason Dixon line? I wouldn't admit either...

I try to treat people the way I'd like to be treated. But I've long since given up on expecting that from sellers on the net.
    That being said, nothing is sold until money has changed hands. Buyers can be just as fickle, and if it is a complete stranger, I will not put myself out for him.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Esp the last half, but it's generally pretty easy to spot anyways.....Can't blame you for escaping though.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've had only good experiences selling or trading guns through this forum and tend to shy away from Texas Gun Trader and the like. People generate reputations on forums and you can generally get an idea of how they do business. Especially on sites like this where we have a feedback system.

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    Y'all actually made me laugh over this. Yes, I'm sure buyers are just as bad. I just haven't sold anything on any forum yet so I can't speak from that stand point. Character seems to be lacking all over. I sometimes wonder if people are just not wanting to do the uncomfortable and that's why they don't call. I don't like that stuff either but couldn't imagine letting someone show up to a meet or after making a deal backing out, even for more money. It just snaps me off in the quick...not a good thing.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I sold to a guy from DFW on Saturday who had a similar story. Luckily, everyone I have bought from has been completely upfront every step of the way including one who called me to say he had a local offer he was going to take to minimize his travel expenses. I appreciated his honesty and hold no ill will towards him. They key was he didn't try to BS me and leave me hanging. I was quickly able to locate another pistol for the same price.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Lol @ this childish rant. In the buy/sell world, cash is king. I sell a lot of stuff on forums and Craigslist, and I well sell someone out for $10, or if it means I will get my money at 10am that morning instead of 10pm. I've been stood up by too many people to "hold" items without a deposit.

I would've done the same thing. Even if I had an offer for someone out of town, if a local made the same offer I will sell it to them. There's a chance the out of town buyer will change their mind, so why turn down a good/guaranteed sale because you want to "do the right thing" and sell to the other person?

Gimme a break.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Lol @ this childish rant. In the buy/sell world, cash is king. I sell a lot of stuff on forums and Craigslist, and I well sell someone out for $10, or if it means I will get my money at 10am that morning instead of 10pm. I've been stood up by too many people to "hold" items without a deposit.

I would've done the same thing. Even if I had an offer for someone out of town, if a local made the same offer I will sell it to them. There's a chance the out of town buyer will change their mind, so why turn down a good/guaranteed sale because you want to "do the right thing" and sell to the other person?

Gimme a break.

Ruhroh....lol....

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    I think she is saying the Seller stated they WERE going to sell to her, then ignored her and sold to someone else. I think you are meaning you wouldnt state that you would only sell to her. You would state its whomever has the cash first to the potential buyer.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LOL @ childish poster missing the point.

It is about the concept of common courtesy not a commentary on the capitalist free market system.

if someone offers more cash, or is significantly closer take the better deal, but atleast call and let the other buyer know. no need to be a dick about it.

in any case thanks for adding another name to the don't-do-business list

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

It is about the concept of common courtesy not a commentary on the capitalist free market system.

if someone offers more cash, or is significantly closer take the better deal, but atleast call and let the other buyer know. no need to be a dick about it.

^^^^^^^^
    This

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I read her rant carefully before I responded. Like I said, I will sell someone out if I have another customer that can meet me before them. If she can't come up to Dallas til the weekend, am I supposed to turn down every offer from now until then. Yeah right!

I don't agree with the seller ignoring the buyer, but I will not hesitate to sell anybody out, if it means I complete the sale.

I once met a guy to sell a bike on a Saturday. I even drove to his work so he could look at it. He told me he wanted it but said it had to wait until Monday because he had no cash and the bank was closed Sunday. I thought he was weird because he easily could've gotten the cash from an ATM; my price wasn't that high. He haggled me down from $340 to $320.

That evening I got an offer for $340 and he had cash in hand and could meet right away. Who wouldn't take the offer?

I emailed the first guy back but he didn't get it til he returned to work on Monday. He was upset and left me nasty texts, emails, and voicemails. He probably wrote a rant on a forum. If he were a girl I'm sure he would've gotten a lot of "positive" responses.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

Hahahaha I couldn't care less. I don't accept low-ball offers anyway. My prices are hard to beat so don't worry, I'll still make the sale and get my asking price.

Top Bottom