Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's all good.....thing to remember is that sometimes the written media excludes the visual feedback. That's why I generally try to take things in the "best possible light" - because what's written in jest, or in a way that doesn't provide all the details, can so easily be misunderstood!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I see you've got backup Radioman
    Well, sorta

Whoh, I've never been north of the mason dixon line, much less from there. And the only time I've lived in Houston proper, was for a couple years as an 8 year old...

But I kinda like the term houstonite, kinda like I say canadians are from Canadia. Nice little tweak.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Had it happen here three weeks ago. I will add that the buyer hasn't logged in since then and only had 15 posts, but he sent me his address!! Why bother??? But I will say sometimes stuff happens and you just need to deal with what you need to deal with.

Still waiting on the Money Order though

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    This thread made my balls itch.

I have had nothing but good experiences on this thread. With the exception of the 10--22 offered on here this past Friday. I am 5 minutes from the seller, but couldn't get him to reply to PMs. It worked out, because I bought another gun, and didn't want to shell out another $200, but I would have, had he called.

I have traded guns, bought accessories and bought ammo from posters on this site. All were great transactions. BTW, thanks to Thor for driving a bit to sell me that ammo yesterday.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, I'm glad to see there are at least a few folks out there who possess some form of integrity.

As for anyone that would bow out of a deal just because they got a higher offer, I hope you aren't insulted when the same thing happens to them. As for me, I expect people to uphold their word, if an agreement has been made than only a real jackass would screw someone over just to make a few bucks. But as most of us realize, the world is full of such idiots.

Capitalism doesn't exist in a vacuum, and what comes around goes around. I just know that anyone stupid enough to brag about such exploits probably isn't smart enough to realize that they've just been blacklisted by most of the more honorable people on this forum.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I had a guy on this forum do something like that... I had been sitting in a parking lot an hour and a half from my house to meet the guy. I called him for about an hour after the agree upon meet time before he answered and informed me he wasn't coming. He got what he called a better trade offer.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's all good.....thing to remember is that sometimes the written media excludes the visual feedback. That's why I generally try to take things in the "best possible light" - because what's written in jest, or in a way that doesn't provide all the details, can so easily be misunderstood!

^^^ There IT is
    Applies to this thread and others. Seems selective reading\comprehension gone wild up in here

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I had a guy on this forum do something like that... I had been sitting in a parking lot an hour and a half from my house to meet the guy. I called him for about an hour after the agree upon meet time before he answered and informed me he wasn't coming. He got what he called a better trade offer.

That takes the cake...WOW!!!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    This single comment, may be more polarizing than the whole politics section put together... with every banned member thrown back in the mix!

Lol @ this childish rant. In the buy/sell world, cash is king. I sell a lot of stuff on forums and Craigslist, and I well sell someone out for $10, or if it means I will get my money at 10am that morning instead of 10pm. I've been stood up by too many people to "hold" items without a deposit.

I would've done the same thing. Even if I had an offer for someone out of town, if a local made the same offer I will sell it to them. There's a chance the out of town buyer will change their mind, so why turn down a good/guaranteed sale because you want to "do the right thing" and sell to the other person?

Gimme a break.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Lets actually take this drivel apart and examine it...

Lol @ this childish rant.
    Came in with a chip on your shoulder. No matter how you try to reconstruct it later when you realize you were a jerk.

In the buy/sell world, cash is king. I sell a lot of stuff on forums and Craigslist, and I well sell someone out for $10, or if it means I will get my money at 10am that morning instead of 10pm.
    Completely irrelevant to the problem outlined in OP. Yes, cash is king. This is the U.S! Duh...

I've been stood up by too many people to "hold" items without a deposit.
    Your problem. We all sympathize with such occurrences, but your attitude stinks to high heaven!

I would've done the same thing. Even if I had an offer for someone out of town, if a local made the same offer I will sell it to them.
    Lack of honor and integrity! Nowhere do you mention that you'd contact the person to let them know not to show up.

There's a chance the out of town buyer will change their mind, so why turn down a good/guaranteed sale because you want to "do the right thing" and sell to the other person?
    Absolutely - why do the right thing? Since you have been screwed over so many times, it's time for you to start screwing everyone else over! You're entitled to that - right?

Gimme a break.
    Indeed sir. The first intelligent thing you've said!

Ultimately, it comes down to this:
    Capitalism doesn't exist in a vacuum, and what comes around goes around. I just know that anyone stupid enough to brag about such exploits probably isn't smart enough to realize that they've just been blacklisted by most of the more honorable people on this forum.

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    To ALEXREX20, I was in communication with this person late at night told him I would be there the next day with the money he asked for. We were to call at noon the next day for a final meet up location. 3 phone calls and 2 texts later no answer until I finally told him to tell me if he decided to keep the rifle or if he sold it. That's when he answered with its sold. I do understand making money but when a deal is made and your word has been give I believe in keeping your word even if it inconveniences you. Integrity is at stake and there's so little of it any more, especially in the pursuit of money. I'm not pointing fingers at any one person just a pointing fingers at path we are on if we don't simply check our own motives and character.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    My pet peeve on selling things is having folks call and make a date and time and never make it. Had that happen 5 times in the last money on a bobcat I was selling. Making sure I was here, the machine out and ready for them to try out, plans canceled and no one shows. Finally I did have a guy come and look at it and as he was driving up the drive the guy that kept makeing plans to see it and never showed called. Thankfully the other guy bought it. Just be courteous and call and let a guy know you aren't coming, it's just the right thing to do.

Top Bottom