• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    To ALEXREX20, I was in communication with this person late at night told him I would be there the next day with the money he asked for. We were to call at noon the next day for a final meet up location. 3 phone calls and 2 texts later no answer until I finally told him to tell me if he decided to keep the rifle or if he sold it. That's when he answered with its sold. I do understand making money but when a deal is made and your word has been give I believe in keeping your word even if it inconveniences you. Integrity is at stake and there's so little of it any more, especially in the pursuit of money. I'm not pointing fingers at any one person just a pointing fingers at path we are on if we don't simply check our own motives and character.

Suzi, honestly... pay no attention to that person.
    He does NOT speak for the forum as a whole.

Nor do I, in fact.

The only one who can speak for the forum, is Texas1911. You will note he has written several things about selling stuff, and being a good seller.
    DK Firearms

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    You're right and I never intended to set off such a fire storm. I simply needed to vent. Thanks to all who understand.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Suzi, Sorry for your troubles, I also have had deals slip away due to seller issues so I understand being upset.

Now tell us about the deal you missed out on. You might find someone on this board who might help you out with something similar.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Break a deal face the wheel.

Also, Texas Gun Trader is a joke. They even encourage their users to insist on a bill of sale.

Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    The rifle itself would have been nice but not a necessity. But for note it was an old Springfield trapdoor. It's the lack of character that upset me so much. On to the next deal.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Suzi -
    Unfortunately, it's my experience that many on Texas Gun Trader are pretty much not very honorable. I've gotten some excellent deals from there and met many fine folks - but there's also of ton of jerks there, many of whom won't even respond to emails, or remove an ad once it's sold.
    Stick around - other than some of the Austin and Houston folks, most here are pretty decent sorts....

I've had pretty much this ^^^ experience with Texas Gun Trader. Met some great people but have also found quite a few sketchy characters there. My favorite are the guys who list an item just to see what kind of offers they will get on it, then get upset or offended when you give a fair offer. I think that some guys/gals just like to list items just to show them off/get a feel for it's value with no real intention of selling.

And no, I don't do a lot of low balling. just fair, well researched and educated offers.

Top Bottom