• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    If anything, the real reason why you might see a lot of 30.07 signs is because the state decided to delay the law going into effect for months after the bill was passed, and because all of the hoopla law enforcement made. This created a type of build up of publicity and news stories which became a part of the public consciousness. The whole Chipotle and Starbucks thing was fleeting, but the news going on everyday for the last 6 months of "what will happen once OC is legal?" or "how does LE feel about OC?" is more influential.
    ARJ Defense ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If anything, the real reason why you might see a lot of 30.07 signs is because the state decided to delay the law going into effect for months after the bill was passed, and because all of the hoopla law enforcement made. This created a type of build up of publicity and news stories which became a part of the public consciousness. The whole Chipotle and Starbucks thing was fleeting, but the news going on everyday for the last 6 months of "what will happen once OC is legal?" or "how does LE feel about OC?" is more influential.
    The only reason it is a story is because of the "look at ME" divas who make awesome sound bite and meme fodder.
    Like the ones pictured. Oh, and this guy too View attachment 37110 yeah, it is a BP pistol, but what he is doing is just biting the rest of us in the ass. These are the clowns the media focuses on, and these are the clowns that get remembered. Actions have consequences.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I wish there had not been these different clauses added, pass OC or don't but don't pass it and give cover to those wanting to limit the law.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    So support them? No fucking way! We do ourselves a bigger favor distancing ourselves from these dipshits...

Agree.
    The fact that they provided ample fodder for the canon of the opposition is sufficient to question both their motives, and, for damned sure, their effectiveness.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

LE didn't make any hoopla. This is about the dumbasses at the OC organizations. In fact, the ONLY hoopla I have seen in the media is about the OCT groups

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    HEB doesn't want open carry in their stores.

That's why you'll see 30.07 signs at the entrances.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lots of anger here. No beuno.

However, I think it is undeniable, that the attention grabbing elements of the various open carry groups did harm to both the bill and now increased the legally allowed restrictions being exercised by property owners.

We should police our own, right? I think the open carry groups may have done some good but should have better policed (and/or encouraged) their members image and behavior. I'm not sure what exactly, outside of attention seeking, prompts someone to walk into a Starbucks with an AR or stand outside the capitol grounds with a fedora, an AK and a smirk.

So, with all of that being in the past. Hopefully OCT et al grow up and police their own people. Additionally, if people want to see 30 07 signs come down (through education and cooperation not legislation) we will need much less infighting and more organization ourselves.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Lots of anger here. No beuno.

However, I think it is undeniable, that the attention grabbing elements of the various open carry groups did harm to both the bill and now increased the legally allowed restrictions being exercised by property owners.

We should police our own, right? I think the open carry groups may have done some good but should have better policed (and/or encouraged) their members image and behavior. I'm not sure what exactly, outside of attention seeking, prompts someone to walk into a Starbucks with an AR or stand outside the capitol grounds with a fedora, an AK and a smirk.

So, with all of that being in the past. Hopefully OCT et al grow up and police their own people. Additionally, if people want to see 30 07 signs come down (through education and cooperation not legislation) we will need much less infighting and more organization ourselves.

Yes!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I never said I supported the OCT clownish types. I support their right to do what they do, but disagree with their tactics and maybe question some of their motives. All that being said, I don't understand the lingering hostility. OC is legal, what's the point of bickering about this shit. If people here want to change opinions and perceptions, then OC damn it.

Well, because of your clowns ( that y'all refused to police when they were shitting in the punch bowl) there are much fewer places outside of walking down the street that you can OC.

I am willing to bet that a lot of places that have not posted yet will at a minimum request anyone OCing cover up or leave. If they are asked to conceal and recieve flak from the OCer, expect signs to be put up shortly thereafter.

And yes, they are your clowns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2015
    affirmative. liken the 30.06 and 30.07 to the "we reserve the right to deny service to anyone not wearing a shirt" and the like. Funny how this can be denied, but try denying to bake a cake for a couple...whoa.

If that's the case then why doesn't ever building that has that gun with the circle and slash through it have a 30.06/30.07 sign instead of one that carries no weight?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If that's the case then why doesn't ever building that has that gun with the circle and slash through it have a 30.06/30.07 sign instead of one that carries no weight?

Those signs (gunbusters) make the sheep feel safe and the sheepdogs know it means nothing, so they carry on, literally.

Edit to add: those are places we should consider concealed carry only, just so the sheep still feel safe and there's no reason for the owner to replace it with the right sign.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

not sure if I understand your question or your line of thinking. A lot of BUSINESSES have the "no illegal gun" signs. Those are fine with me as they're unrelated to 30.06 and 30.07.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2015
    not sure if I understand your question or your line of thinking. A lot of BUSINESSES have the "no illegal gun" signs. Those are fine with me as they're unrelated to 30.06 and 30.07.

What about these?
    fba2d085efd4b4913feaca1d66070540.jpg

7f25b70c7048c0ae9e7dcde4a1f06903.jpg

These are the ones I see besides the 30.06. Do these hold any weight?

Top Bottom