• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    if they ask you to leave ... leave. illegal signs are basically BS, keep it silent and out of sight as always. This topic is something that is probably better discussed in person - face to face, Interwebz forums are just fools play.

I agree almost 100% Its not illegal to put signs up especially in your own store as was being discussed. this thread is about repercussions of said actions. Someone correct me if i am wrong. So tell me why you would intentionally walk in a bakeshop or anyones store open carrying when you know they dont want it there. Because you can isn't always a good enough answer.

Exactly. If you're willing to spend money there, carry concealed.

Otherwise, hand them one of these from TSRA (or put it in the door):

CHL_card-1.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    They're claiming victory in the war on non-law breakers. These folks are the epitome of liberal mindset. Afraid of seeing a gun but if it's concealed, well the head is buried in the proverbial sand.

c6c28bb78b33264ba4c0513f8f311f84.jpg

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Make no mistake, they would love to ban CC at HEB as well. They just know they likely won't succeed.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    They're claiming victory in the war on non-law breakers. These folks are the epitome of liberal mindset. Afraid of seeing a gun but if it's concealed, well the head is buried in the proverbial sand.

I vowed to stop shopping at HEB after hearing their corporate decision to ban OC with 30.07 signs. Seeing MDA view it as a victory only reaffirms my decision.
    I will OC everywhere that I can, and MDA can kiss my ass.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Do you guys think HEB, or any other organization, has not considered that there are those who will stop shopping there (or make a lot of noise and threaten to stop shopping there)? Do you think these people who have built corporations haven't given this considerable and serious thought?

They already know about you and the decision has been made.

;)

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

Until the retards in the "movement" still go in with long guns. Smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Do you guys think HEB, or any other organization, has not considered that there are those who will stop shopping there (or make a lot of noise and threaten to stop shopping there)? Do you think these people who have built corporations haven't given this considerable and serious thought?

They already know about you and the decision has been made.

;)

But it's always subject to change.:green:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I haven't shopped with HEB since 2010 when they stopped allowing guns shows at a property they owned in Austin. And worked with the ATF and APD to keep shows out of Austin. It didnt surprise me the first time I heard of HEB stores posting 30.06 and this sure doesnt either.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    HEB in Boerne has their 30.07 signs posted, but, the location really sucks. The signs are located at the very bottom of the sliding doors, when the doors are open (when aren't they open) the signs cannot be seen just walking in because they are hidden bay other signs in front of them or sales displays in front of the open doors. I've already complained to the management about the poor locaation and how it could get an unwitting person screwed.
    Attached is a picture of the english sign, the spanish sign is on the other door. I had to get behind the sign to get this picture.

View attachment 37105

Color me quizzical, but are the sign requirements different for 30.07 than 30.06? That sign does not look legal to me. Its NOT in a conspicuous location. White on clear is not contrasting lettering. The sign is missing the Spanish version. Last handbook on DPS site clearly states that 1 sign must have both English and Spanish on it. Cant have English on 1 door and Spanish on other.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    White on clear is not contrasting lettering.

That hasn't been determined by the courts. There's enough contrast it's readable. The law says nothing more about it.

The sign is missing the Spanish version. Last handbook on DPS site clearly states that 1 sign must have both English and Spanish on it. Cant have English on 1 door and Spanish on other.

The law doesn't require this at all. English and Spanish, yes, but they can absolutely be two signs on two doors at the same entrance, clearly visible.

Top Bottom