• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    They framed it as claustrophobia, but I would like to see a photo of the home since Ford indicated it was an 'eyesore'. Certainly seemed odd when she hinted that was one of the 'reasons' her and hubby sought marriage counseling. Then again, it seemed odd for a woman with a PhD in psychology to need marriage counseling, but what do I know.

Here is the secret of Psychology graduates. They are busy trying to figure out how to solve their own problems. They are for the most part, well, off the bubble.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    it seemed odd for a woman with a PhD in psychology to need marriage counseling
    Well, on that point alone, I disagree. Psychologists tend to understand better than most folks when they need counseling. Good lawyers know they shouldn't represent themselves; I consider the same dynamic to be in play when a psychologist seeks counseling.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Well, on that point alone, I disagree. Psychologists tend to understand better than most folks when they need counseling. Good lawyers know they shouldn't represent themselves; I consider the same dynamic to be in play when a psychologist seeks counseling.

My wife is a Social Worker with an MSW working on her licensure in counseling. The idiot that wrote the book said he went to counseling 313 times, and thinks all LCSW's should follow in his weird footsteps. Some people just get off on receiving counseling.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    It just started and is already a circus. Anybody else also watching it?
    She is using way too many adjectives for simple stuff. Also, not a tear in her eye, or so that I can see

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Earlier in testimony, Ford stated that Kavenaugh had been drinking heavily and that he and his associate had been drinking heavily before they arrived at the scene of ‘The Gathering’. Minutes later she stated that he was already there when she arrived. So, how could she have known whether he and his associate had been drinking heavily before they arrived there? This suggests to me that she was trying to make him appear as irresponsible and debauched as possible. It also shows that she has an active imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Okay, which one of you are going to admit you've been to couple's therapy with your wife about a front door on your house?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lawyers getting realllly nervous and defensive with the line of questioning surrounding the polygraph, why it was administered in a hotel conference room and not a few miles down the road in his office, whether or not it was recorded (illegal in MD w/o explicit consent prior to rolling the tape), who paid for it, why it was requested and by who, etc.

What I found really interesting is she couldn't remember whether it was the same day as her Grandmother's funeral or not. This was like 6 weeks ago, and she can't remember?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Looks like most of the folks watching this believe she looks very credible and not looking good for BK unless he comes on strong and he does not seem to be that type. I saw him being interviewed by Martha on Fox the other night and I though he did very poorly...

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Ford makes me sick. Whether she is lying or not, her demeanor, voice, and body language are those of a bashful teenager, not a 53 year old mother. She sounds weak. And that has nothing to do with being nervous in front of the Senate. I have never heard my 96 year old mother or wife (whose voice can kill small animals when she yells at our kids) ever sound like that. Ford is the poster child of what's wrong with this country. She has lead a coddled and priviledged life and demands that we feel sorry for her. I read that she would leave the country if Kavanaugh is appointed to the SC. I hope she does.

This is her "feel sorry for me" moment she has been building up to and building up in her own mind her entire LIFE. She has relived and retold and remade this "story" and memory 10 times a day for 35 or 40 years excusing her self for every tear drop "because that one time..." and it changes and molds to suit every event in her entire life she "hasn't wanted to face" but had to make herself just so she could feel the hero in her own pathetic done nothing useful life.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    By my count, we’ve got three more Democrat Senators left to go (with their five minutes each).

Should be plenty of time for Kavanaugh to testify and get this thing wrapped up today. (IF Grassley keeps it moving along!).

There’s absolutely NO reason they can’t hold a subcommittee vote on it tomorrow and get it kicked over to McConnell to start the process for a full Senate vote during his scheduled “rare Saturday session”.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is her "feel sorry for me" moment she has been building up to and building up in her own mind her entire LIFE. She has relived and retold and remade this "story" and memory 10 times a day for 35 or 40 years excusing her self for every tear drop "because that one time..." and it changes and molds to suit every event in her entire life she "hasn't wanted to face" but had to make herself just so she could feel the hero in her own pathetic done nothing useful life.
    This is absolutely correct, deeply insightful, and, I fear, far too nuanced for the public to understand.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm watching this at work while I'm wrenching. Something about her seems....fake?? I hate to discount someone I don't know about something I wasn't there for, but her body language and facial language just doesn't seem right. I am very interested in seeing how Bret Handles this. It seems like any sexual assault claim can be very effective in tearing down a mans character, no matter how true or false the claim may be. Hell, I've had sexual assault and rape claims aimed at me in the past that I was extremely fortunate to have the NCIS investigate because they were able to clear me of all charges. So, I'm very curious to see how Bret handles this situation.

One unique thing about this situation I do want to note is we have a professional psychologist who completely understands and has seen how sexual assault victims tend to act/talk, and she is going up against a judge who has no doubt ruled cases regarding sexual assault and knows how the judicial side tends to look at these cases and has probably seen some cases that stand out to him. This is a very interesting case.

They keep asking why Havernaugh isn't asking the FBI to investigate it. I'd like to point out that the FBI has already said this extends past the statute of limitations so they are not interested in investigating this. A big part of that, as I understand it, is the reason we have a statute of limitations is after a certain amount of time goes by, it gets difficult to find substantial facts rather than hearsay.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    This is absolutely correct, deeply insightful, and, I fear, far too nuanced for the public to understand.

I'm still very skeptical this is actually true. If she were to have been working this story for 30 plus years, it would be more honed and more consistent. Rather, this seems rather hurried and ill prepared, and her memory of even recent events as they pertain to the case are fuzzy. She's been Johnny on the spot with her answers about vacation travel locations, times, etc. but can't remember many simple case details from any time period. The staff is comprised of all high-ranking, powerful members of the legal community.

My thought is more along the lines of she wanted to throw a handful of dirt, but got pulled into a tornado. She's being pressed on who is paying for this, and she simply doesn't have the answers. She's being asked about requesting the polygraph, and her answers are inconclusive. Then the lawyers step in and answer for her - pro bono work, no expectation of being paid, they ordered the polygraph and paid for it, etc. She's a pawn, a willing pawn, but a pawn nonetheless. Her personal trauma and experience, whatever that may have actually been, is simply the vehicle being used as a means to an end. As we've seen, pretty typical for the political party supporting her.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I'm still very skeptical this is actually true. If she were to have been working this story for 30 plus years, it would be more honed and more consistent. Rather, this seems rather hurried and ill prepared, and her memory of even recent events as they pertain to the case are fuzzy. She's been Johnny on the spot with her answers about vacation travel locations, times, etc. but can't remember many simple case details from any time period. The staff is comprised of all high-ranking, powerful members of the legal community.

My thought is more along the lines of she wanted to throw a handful of dirt, but got pulled into a tornado. She's being pressed on who is paying for this, and she simply doesn't have the answers. She's being asked about requesting the polygraph, and her answers are inconclusive. Then the lawyers step in and answer for her - pro bono work, no expectation of being paid, they ordered the polygraph and paid for it, etc. She's a pawn, a willing pawn, but a pawn nonetheless. Her personal trauma and experience, whatever that may have actually been, is simply the vehicle being used as a means to an end. As we've seen, pretty typical for the political party supporting her.

No doubt all you have said is true as well, at least to me, but that is how story tellers react and muddle their way through when their own dream scenario get them "trapped in the real".

She has never done or been ANYTHING you can hold in your hand. Her whole life is between her own ears playing on a constant loop of insecurity and wishes. The real world the rest of us live in is nothing but an interruption to her and a disturbance of her recreating her own normal over and over the way she wants it to be and the way she fears it being the next time and all the ways it could be after that. She is Walter Mitty re-incarnate. I never met a psychology student, professor, or psychologist yet who could concentrate on the real long enough to nail together a wooden pallet with out falling in to a dream world vegetative state before it was finished. She couldn't tell you what happened at the grocery store last week let alone at a drinking party 35 years ago.

The democrats and their stooges are just out looking for the silly putty they need to mold in to some kind of controversy and her's is all between her ears.

Last edited:

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Earlier in testimony, Ford stated that Kavenaugh had been drinking heavily and that he and his associate had been drinking heavily before they arrived at the scene of ‘The Gathering’. Minutes later she stated that he was already there when she arrived. So, how could she have known whether he and his associate had been drinking heavily before they arrived there? This suggests to me that she was trying to make him appear as irresponsible and debauched as possible. It also shows that she has an active imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, besides the story is a farce, if she was drunk, how is her thought process admissible?

Top Bottom