• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    You could always put up a sign saying you found an expensive knife and to call and describe it if you want it back.

Might be a local and it has more sentimental value than the price tag.

Might get you your answer too.

I sense a greater risk than reward on that lol. We can ask the neighbor we’re friends with but other than that I guess I got a new skinning knife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I realize this isn’t about guns but earlier this week my father told me he was locking up the front gate of our property and found a hole drilled in the post of the gate with a fixed blade knife stuck handle deep in it. (I’m not certain if he meant the hole was new or it was an existing hole). It was a “Cutco” Ka-bar knife. No rust and in decent shape. Our place is about an hour south of San Antonio. Would anyone know (seriously) if this is a sign or a “marking” someone is sending us? He said he was gonna talk with the sheriff out there asking the same question. Thought I’d give y’all a crack at it
    View attachment 160928

May be it is a merry Christmas gift.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Before I advertised it anywhere (well, anywhere other than TGT:)), I'd call the company. If they're willing to help, I doubt there's more than one person within 100 miles of you who ordered that knife with "EL SQUID" on the blade.

I just tried that. They can only search if it has a first and last name. “Their system can’t search phrases/engravings”
    Sounds kinda dumb that you offer an online option for a personalized engraving and can’t backtrack it

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Trust me, my faith in humanity in general is not real high.

My observation comes from the fact that it is an expensive knife and if the owner left it behind he would know where to find it.

That's why I am leaning toward lost and dropped, like off a bumper. If it was sitting on a tailgate when closed it would fall through the crack and bounce out on the road.

This is also assuming poachers don't have expensive equipment unless it is stolen of course.

This.

Nobody is going to "mark" anything with a $200 knife. Unless the knife was stolen.

How you would find the owner is beyond me. Keep it and use it. I have one and it's a great knife.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well could be ... since Mexicans like to carry knives :green:

I'm sure once you throw the game cam up at the gate ... you'll know who "EL SQUID" is

xy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv672%2FGib64%2FSquid%2520Art%2Fsquidman.jpg

Attachments

• xy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv672%2FGib64%2FSquid%2520Art%2Fsquidman.jpg
      xy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv672%2FGib64%2FSquid%2520Art%2Fsquidman.jpg
      35.7 KB · Views: 346

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    We would’ve had a different thread going if there was blood on the knife lol. Just talked to my dad. Said it was stuck handle deep in a already-drilled hole. He had to really work to get it out. The neighbors out there are a mixed bag. Some are nice and some are sh!theads. I told him to consider putting up a trail camera in the bushes pointed at the gate

By "handle deep", curious if you mean mostly/entirely or just to the base of the handle. (e.g. - was it deep enough to seem hidden, or did it stick out like a sore thumb?)

Just wondering about the possibility that while clean, it may have been used to open someone up and that hole may have seemed like a good spot to ditch it (or something similar)...

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    By "handle deep", curious if you mean mostly/entirely or just to the base of the handle. (e.g. - was it deep enough to seem hidden, or did it stick out like a sore thumb?)

Just wondering about the possibility that while clean, it may have been used to open someone up and that hole may have seemed like a good spot to ditch it (or something similar)...

He just said “up to the handle”. I figure if it was any deeper he would’ve needed pliers or never even noticed it

Top Bottom