Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I just tried that. They can only search if it has a first and last name. “Their system can’t search phrases/engravings”
    Sounds kinda dumb that you offer an online option for a personalized engraving and can’t backtrack it
    That's not just dumb, it's highly improbable. Searching their database by the inscription probably is not an option available to the customer service person who answers the phone and works off a screen with limited options.

If you're really curious, write them a letter. Address it to someone high up the food chain. That person can route your request to a database administrator (or someone else who works on the tech side of the house) who will have no problem searching the database for "EL SQUID".

Of course, that's a long road and you've already done your part. If you just use it and enjoy it, no one can reasonably accuse you of failing to take proper action.
    DK Firearms

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Or you could give it to a retired Navy guy.

I’m not Hispanic but I did get in trouble for letting my Hispanic guys call me Jeffe instead of Chief.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    A little update. My dad was clearing a tree that fell on the fence between us and the neighbor. The neighbor came over and was talking with him. He happen to mention that he had fed the dog by our gate (kind of a shared farm dog that sleeps by our gate) some scraps of meat. My dad thinks the neighbor must’ve left the knife in the hole and forgot about it. This is one of those sh!thead neighbors I was talking about. He’s been known to shoot dogs and be a real A$$hole.
    I think we’re gonna keep the knife... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Why would an a$$hole who shoots dogs feed a stray?

Kind of a long story but the dog was left there years ago as a puppy. My great aunt primarily took care of it but it grew fond of the neighbor as well. Even the grinch had a dog haha
    He’s the kind of guy to tell you what you can and can’t do on your property. Thinks the sun rises just for him

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Kind of a long story but the dog was left there years ago as a puppy. My great aunt primarily took care of it but it grew fond of the neighbor as well. Even the grinch had a dog haha
    He’s the kind of guy to tell you what you can and can’t do on your property. Thinks the sun rises just for him

Sounds to me like he's missed a few regularly scheduled necessary ass kickings! :green:

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Sounds to me like he's missed a few regularly scheduled necessary ass kickings! :green:

You’re telling me! He tried to blame us for a calf stillborn because of our brief target practice one day!

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Anyone that has knowledge of the law correct this if it’s wrong but I was talking to the sheriffs deputy out there one time. I asked him what I could do if a neighbor shot my dog on my property. Could I shoot him in defense. He said (if I remember correctly) “no, that is simply animal cruelty and trespassing” not justifiable for shooting. Is he correct?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Anyone that has knowledge of the law correct this if it’s wrong but I was talking to the sheriffs deputy out there one time. I asked him what I could do if a neighbor shot my dog on my property. Could I shoot him in defense. He said (if I remember correctly) “no, that is simply animal cruelty and trespassing” not justifiable for shooting. Is he correct?

That sounds about right, unfortunately....

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    . I asked him what I could do if a neighbor shot my dog on my property. Could I shoot him in defense. He said (if I remember correctly) “no, that is simply animal cruelty and trespassing” not justifiable for shooting. Is he correct?

Don't know if he is correct, but more than likely you would be arrested and charged. I doubt you could convince a jury it was justifiable homicide or self defense.

Top Bottom