• 52A9929C-54B6-4200-A344-92B85B21571D.jpeg
      52A9929C-54B6-4200-A344-92B85B21571D.jpeg
      63.4 KB · Views: 279

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Well I ended up not hearing from the owners and sold it for $1200. So if you shot it with anything you weren't too bright.

Just saying the knife company may not be able to tell you who the owner is but may be able to send your contact info to them.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well I ended up not hearing from the owners and sold it for $1200. So if you shot it with anything you weren't too bright.

Just saying the knife company may not be able to tell you who the owner is but may be able to send your contact info to them.
    If I can't be trusted with the other guy's info, they won't get my info.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    If I can't be trusted with the other guy's info, they won't get my info.

The issue was PETA problems. They were causing issues with legitimate owners so owner info was not being released. The banding org was willing to forward my info so the owner had a chance to get their expensive parrot returned. I had no problem giving my info to the org who contacted the last registered owner, who replied it was no longer their bird. No info exchanged. Bird sold.

I generally try and do the right thing so trying to return the bird to its rightful owner just seemed right.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The issue was PETA problems. They were causing issues with legitimate owners so owner info was not being released. The banding org was willing to forward my info so the owner had a chance to get their expensive parrot returned. I had no problem giving my info to the org who contacted the last registered owner, who replied it was no longer their bird. No info exchanged. Bird sold.

I generally try and do the right thing so trying to return the bird to its rightful owner just seemed right.

They should have gotten a BOS, then they would have had the owners info.

<sarcasm >

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    They should have gotten a BOS, then they would have had the owners info.<sarcasm >

Well I am not the ATF, so the limits I will go to, to try and make things right have a lower limit. Birds like this are expensive to buy, expensive to keep and feed and maintain, require interaction from their owners to a great degree and they become attached to them like a spouse. Oh and they live 70 or so years to boot. I thought the 6 months I waited and tried was long enough for me and the bird. It deserved a long time home.

3SNW77D.jpg

Attachments

• 3SNW77D.jpg
      3SNW77D.jpg
      36.7 KB · Views: 315

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Well I am not the ATF, so the limits I will go to, to try and make things right have a lower limit. Birds like this are expensive to buy, expensive to keep and feed and maintain, require interaction from their owners to a great degree and they become attached to them like a spouse. Oh and they live 70 or so years to boot. I thought the 6 months I waited and tried was long enough for me and the bird. It deserved a long time home.

View attachment 162102

I couldn’t commit to 70 years with a bird. I wish someone had warned me that leopard geckos live longer than dogs, otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten one when I was a kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

View attachment 162102

Had an African Grey which lived about 25 years.
    If I recall correctly, my parents paid $800 in ~1970.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Had an African Grey which lived about 25 years.
    If I recall correctly, my parents paid $1200 in ~1970.

A sister has an African Grey that is well over 20. We took care of it for six months while she was out of the country.

Stayed in an outside cage on upstairs on our front balcony during the day, a location that could not be seen from the sidewalk.

In the early evening, while I was highly visible sitting in a rocker on the front porch, smart ass bird would wolf whistle at every woman that walked down the sidewalk ... still getting the occasional funny look from a walking trophy wife to this day.

Luckily for the bird, my sister picked him up just before I was ready to experiment with parrot gumbo.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yep, extremely large vocabularies, and ability to imitate any noise/voice.
    It was odd hearing my grandmother who had passed away wish me a "good morning" when I walked into the room .

Top Bottom