• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    That video is bad. If it wasn't for the TABC officer this would have been another Uvalde. The officers there were straight trash. One HPD officer hid in a broom closet for the whole shooting and didn't come out until the shooters was down.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Nice to know that someone is hiring former Uvalde PD.....
    I can only shake my head. And I really limit my personal opinions when publicly posting but this is what you get when you want social workers instead of cops. We've had other situations very similar to this and they cannot be fired for not responding while under duress. They send you to the academy to train new cadets instead or they eventually promote.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

My observation, as too often, is that Officers who are on those duties should be equipped with carbines & modern optics.

Handguns against military style rifles always puts the Officers at great disadvantage.

Ministers, school officials, etc. counter that the sight of carbines would upset the public.

Our protectors should be properly equipped.

leVieux

<>

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    … this is what you get when you want social workers instead of cops. We've had other situations very similar to this and they cannot be fired for not responding while under duress.
    Maybe.
    But the two are not requisite.
    The people MAY want hardcore military police, but there would still be no legal or professional obligation for them to protect the people.
    They could still hide in the closet. Or simply stand and watch.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I can only shake my head. And I really limit my personal opinions when publicly posting but this is what you get when you want social workers instead of cops. We've had other situations very similar to this and they cannot be fired for not responding while under duress. They send you to the academy to train new cadets instead or they eventually promote.

Qualified immunity....what other profession can one be legally protected from not doing their job?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm not a cop so I don't have any experience in this kind of situation but one thing does stand out to me.

The 2 female cops near the end of the video were frozen with fear. Now I kind of understand that they were facing a rifle but they didn't want to go around the corner to face the shooter.

Glad the other guys there were able to respond in time to end the shooter. There was a quite a few people there already for church so it could have been a way worse situation.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    The perpetrators' cowardly using her child as a shield saddens me.

The video confirms my belief that we are, as individuals, ultimately responsible for our safety and should be properly prepared at all times. When government or private security responds that is a secondary blessing.

I have been shot at. It s_cks. Reactions are unpredictable--so we only find true character after the fact. Real shootings do not resemble the movies, any practice I have experienced, nor written recaps. It is fast, brutal, and unique.

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    That video is bad. If it wasn't for the TABC officer this would have been another Uvalde. The officers there were straight trash. One HPD officer hid in a broom closet for the whole shooting and didn't come out until the shooters was down.

That broom closet was about 10 ft away from the active shooter. She (Moreno) poked out once and looked right toward the gunfire, but that was the wrong direction...the TABC with the pistol was shooting at the active shooter from that direction.

The trans shooter was actually to Moreno's left...just feet away and could easily pin her down and shoot at the TABC officer. TABC probably kept Moreno alive by distracting the shooter.

That said, Moreno was looking at her phone when the shooter entered through the main door, and ran into the closet for cover as the shooter backed up when engaged by TABC. I don't think she realized the shooter kept backing up past her position. The other cops were slow to engage an active shooter. They might have thought the TABC position was the shooters position and were confused by who was shooting and shouting. But only one way to find out and that is to approach. Kid was probably shot by the shooter since the kid's cover was in between TABC and the shooter and he might have tried to run to Mommy.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I want to add that on rewatching with attention to time stamps, that security crew did a very good job! There is also a lot to learn.
    Overall not a bad outcome considering. I think the lessons learned are:

1. If you are hired for security, then put you phone away and watch the crowd...you might see a lady in a trenchcoat with a back pack (perhaps nervous or amped up) where everyone else is smiling and wearing their Sunday's best.

2. You run toward gunfire and immediately engage an active shooter.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    What was she doing in the backpack? Getting a tuna fish sammich out?

If her goal was to detonate something, as she said, why even bother with AR- just go into bathroom or such and go visit Allah?

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    The 2 female cops near the end of the video were frozen with fear. Now I kind of understand that they were facing a rifle but they didn't want to go around the corner to face the shooter.

Glad the other guys there were able to respond in time to end the shooter. There was a quite a few people there already for church so it could have been a way worse situation.
    The cops should have engaged, but I'm sure it is not an easy choice taking a pistol to a rifle fight. In the end, I think that is the job. You can wait around for a long gun and back up if you are planning for a gunfight, but if its an active shooter, you go with what you have, or you get Uvalde.

I was annoyed by the unarmed security. Popping up in front of and behind the TABC while he is in a gun fight. Then the one who dragged the wounded boy to safety AFTER the shooter was down, and then used his bare hands to pick up the AR as the officer is putting on gloves in order to pick it up. Maybe go help folks leave the building instead?

Top Bottom