• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    What was she doing in the backpack? Getting a tuna fish sammich out?

If her goal was to detonate something, as she said, why even bother with AR- just go into bathroom or such and go visit Allah?
    I don't think she actually had a bomb. Aside from spare mags (I counted over 30 rounds fired), it looked like little propane bottles or fake explosive bundles. She had a yellow wire running from her hand to something.
    Lynx Defense

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Shots are loud and echo such a location. Under fire it is really challenging to know what is going on over there and even where there is. Using cover is good tactics.

I do not have a time line showing when the one bystander was hit. Judging from the video pieces seen thus far, once security started shooting back and thus containing the perpetrator there were no additional casualties. That is the best outcome. It could only have been better had the perpetrator been taken down by the first two or three shots fired at her.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Qualified immunity....what other profession can one be legally protected from not doing their job?
    The Supreme Court ruled their job is not to protect us. It is to protect the cities assets etc. Legally... It has been ruled it isn't their job to respond or protect you during an active shooting and at other times.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Knowing now that she was Schizophrenic, it likely was not a bluff. But a lapse in reality. There's a good chance she actually thought there was a bomb in there.
    Just speculation on my part, but I am guessing she planned to die and figured her boy might as well go too...and maybe serve as a human shield in the process.

Ironic, since she had Palestine on her rifle and they use human shields.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Just speculation on my part, but I am guessing she planned to die and figured her boy might as well go too...and maybe serve as a human shield in the process.

Ironic, since she had Palestine on her rifle and they use human shields.
    In the video he is screaming for them to stop shooting at him... I am not so sure.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    In the video he is screaming for them to stop shooting at him... I am not so sure.
    If she was concerned for his safety, she could have let him play golf in the rain, swim in shark infested waters, or play with matches and he would have been safer than between her and the TABC officer...where she left him. Most active shooters are suicidal and do themselves once confronted with real force, and they suddenly realize the reality of shooting at that moment doesn't live up to the fantasies they have been having for months.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    If she was concerned for his safety, she could have let him play golf in the rain, swim in shark infested waters, or play with matches and he would have been safer than between her and the TABC officer...where she left him. Most active shooters are suicidal and do themselves once confronted with real force, and they suddenly realize the reality of shooting at that moment doesn't live up to the fantasies they have been having for months.
    I meant the shooter. The shooter was screaming for them to stop shooting. They didn't even respond all you hear is "Stop shooting at me" then "blat blat blat"....

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I meant the shooter. The shooter was screaming for them to stop shooting. They didn't even respond all you hear is "Stop shooting at me" then "blat blat blat"....
    Oh, thanks for clarifying.

She would shoot, then yell I have a bomb, I just need some help. That's a pretty mixed message. I'm sure the cops would have much preferred for her to put down her weapons and "bomb" so they could call a social worker or mental health professional (before arresting her), but shooting an AR at you is one of those "your actions speak so loudly I can't hear what you are saying" moments.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I believe the church security did most of the shooting. I have respect for those guys. I've seen them handle trouble before, not to that extent.

Top Bottom