Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nothing worse than a MIL, majority are just hellspawn with weak husbands.
    I am convinced my sister would not have wasted 20 years of her life on that miserable excuse for a husband she had if only she had met her future MIL one day earlier.

Her first contact with MIL was the day before the wedding and the red flags were incredibly clear. She just didn't have the mental bandwidth in that moment to make the decision to call it off.

If she'd had another day, she would have realized that any son raised by that miserable toad (and witch, complete with local coven, and arsonist, and etc.) would have to be wrecked in the head. He was but it took too long to figure it out. :(

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I am convinced my sister would not have wasted 20 years of her life on that miserable excuse for a husband she had if only she had met her future MIL one day earlier.

Her first contact with MIL was the day before the wedding and the red flags were incredibly clear. She just didn't have the mental bandwidth in that moment to make the decision to call it off.

If she'd had another day, she would have realized that any son raised by that miserable toad (and witch, complete with local coven, and arsonist, and etc.) would have to be wrecked in the head. He was but it took too long to figure it out. :(

I started out on the wrong foot with mine. She controlled everything and everybody in that family. Which was a problem for her in that I refused to be controlled.

She met her match in me. I refused to let her dictate terms for anything. We butted heads on too many occasions to list.

Then one Thanksgiving she publicly thanked me for loving her daughter and for standing up for what I felt was right. And she treated the others married into that family differently because of me.

She gave a wide berth to the families and stopped controlling everyone’s lives.

We actually became very close. During a tiff with her caregiver she called and asked to move in with me. And that was AFTER my wife (her daughter) died. After my wife’s passing I would make trips to see her and we would grieve together.

But the first 5 years were rough. Glad I didn’t let her run me off.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    A lot of people have messed up brains, some self induced. Not sure Psyco Docs can or will give a real diagnosis. Mostly drugs and poor parenting for the kids. Not for bullying but seems kids can't just shake it off anymore. Gals have to have all the 'decorations' now, not just be gals, etc.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I would hate it if the government were to use my ex mother-in-law as a factor on my ability to own firearms. :laughing:
    A police Officer's Emergency Detention DOES NOT effect, in any way, your ability to buy, obtain or possess weapons.

The nature of the relationship shifts how reliable the information is and trust me, we have people call police every day trying to get the upper hand in their relationship problems. Its pretty obvious and we don't play those games.

It is up to a 48h hold so you can meet with a psych doctor, you aren't forced to take anything, etc... but as far a a 7743 goes, it is a NO to "have you ever been committed" unless a judge sends you there its a No.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Joel looks sketched. Lost that trademark smile.

sketched.png

Top Bottom