Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Well dang, seems I need to change a particular habit, or watch more closely for coppers.
    Yessir. The DPS in Fairfield are particularly finicky about that one.

Also, signaling to exit a state hwy.

Theres a "Y" split in Fairfield where a state road peels off a state hwy. If you dont give a little blinker action to take the state road to the right you can get burned.

We might have a new youngun on the DPS force here.:police:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Also, I would be interested to see statistics on accidents caused by people driving too fast vs people driving too slow. My money and my Challenger STR8 392 says it is driving too slow :)

When Texas raised the speed limits, all the wimps cried about how bad the carnage would be. Lo and behold, the fatality rate per mile driven went down. The variation in speed from car to car went down, less weaving in and out, fewer accidents. Saw the results of a study in the past couple of years that backs up your point. Slow drivers in the left lane can cause the accident rate to increase as people have to get around them.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My wife and I went to H-E-B in Waxahachie yesterday. There was some asshat on 20 in the left lane doing 70 mph. We all know that speed limit signs in Texas are only a suggestion. This idiot was causing problems with people coming up behind him and then having to pass him on the right.

If you're being passed on the right you're impeding traffic. I don't care if you're going the speed limit. You're a moron and should be removed from the gene pool.

Also what's with the morons in the right lane doing 45 with their flashers on? Isn't it illegal to drive with your flashers on?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well I guess I better stop doing this and also stop my road rage over bad drivers waiting for all 4 lanes lol.

The center turn lane isn't a merge lane. I am pretty sure it is illegal to use it as such.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    not just the first 2 and pull into the center turn lane then merge right.
    It pisses me off to no end when people do that. You never know if they are going to use the center lane to merge, or if they are just pulling out in front of you. The center lane is for left turns, it is not a merge lane. When did they start teaching that in drivers ed?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My wife and I went to H-E-B in Waxahachie yesterday. There was some asshat on 20 in the left lane doing 70 mph. We all know that speed limit signs in Texas are only a suggestion. This idiot was causing problems with people coming up behind him and then having to pass him on the right.

If you're being passed on the right you're impeding traffic. I don't care if you're going the speed limit. You're a moron and should be removed from the gene pool.

Also what's with the morons in the right lane doing 45 with their flashers on? Isn't it illegal to drive with your flashers on?

I wish Leo's started writing tickets for this.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

There is also a law that says "Slower traffic keep right".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I hope you weren't posting this while you were driving!

Most drivers don't realize this became law on 1 September of last year...

Texting while driving? If you are in Texas, you’re now breaking the law

Just put the cellphone down when you’re behind the wheel.

That’s the golden rule for Texas drivers now, since a new law went into effect Sept. 1 banning texting while driving.

That means no written communications at all when you’re driving.

Anyone who violates this law and gets a ticket faces a misdemeanor charge and a fine between $25 to $99, although penalties could be as much as $200 for repeat offenders.

Anyone convicted of texting and driving who causes serious injury or death to others faces a fine of up to $4,000 and as long as one year in jail.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I cant stand folk driving slow in the left lane. Left lane is for passing only. If you are not in the process of passing another vehicle or about to turn left, get your butt in the right hand lane. I hate it so bad, that I have made a pop-up sign in my back window (pull string, sign comes up) that states "Left Lane For Passing Only". When I pass someone slow, I get in front of them and deploy my sign. Most times people get the point, but there are some that are too stupid.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Unfortunately, people feel that they have the right to go the speed limit (any speed actually) in the left lane, regardless of whether they are holding up traffic.
    Most are oblivious to people behind them.
    Some enjoy imposing their control over others.

Top Bottom