• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You can shoot Cowboy Action reduced loads in the conversion cylinders with modern powders. They won't handle the pressure of full .45 Colt loads but will handle up to 35grns of BP.
    Much more fun and not quite as messy as the original cylinder.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Thanks again...its quite a learning curve with loads, grains etc etc. trouble is you can't just go a buy a gun that shoots cartridges as they were originally made. ie a colt cattleman/peacemaker/frontier etc

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    They are rather OTT, I don't think there is any record of a violent crime or multiple shooting in modern times being committed in the UK by some with a muzzle loading revolver or single action cowboy gun!! These Taylor cylinders that convert cap and ball to cartridge firing cannot be purchased in the UK and yet if you have one then it is possible to use them at clubs that accept blackpowder shooting!!

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Welcome!

I'm with you there, the only law I really agree with is what was written in the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution.
    Unfortunately we only have labour and conservatives governments of any note in the UK and neither are genuinely concerned with interests of the minority as they don't count for much in votes. Unfortunately this applies to all global administrations as they all kau tau to the wants of their financial backers. Hey sorry to get political!!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Unfortunately we only have labour and conservatives governments of any note in the UK and neither are genuinely concerned with interests of the minority as they don't count for much in votes. Unfortunately this applies to all global administrations as they all kau tau to the wants of their financial backers. Hey sorry to get political!!

What are your thoughts on Carl Benjamin and Brexit?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    What are your thoughts on Carl Benjamin and Brexit?

Just curious.

Guns aside,.. I voted to leave as I believe Brussels has become too big, too unweildly and too dictatorial. That said we were all mislead, misinformed and are now the victims of our polititians protecting their own interest rather than those of the electorate which is why we have still not left Europe. Nigel Farage did a great job in generating support to leave but we voted with no idea of what the process would entail. Carl Benjamin raises some pertinent social points but I don't feel he has the attributes to be an effective rational politician to benefit the country for the long term.

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    These Taylor cylinders that convert cap and ball to cartridge firing cannot be purchased in the UK and yet if you have one then it is possible to use them at clubs that accept blackpowder shooting!!
    Welcome to the forum!

The Taylor cartridge cylinder in the UK would be illegal to posses on a section 1 cert as it would make the revolver a section 5. You can purchase the nitro conversion cylinders but they are still muzzle loading. An extra cylinder would have to be entered on to your certificate so you would need a variation prior to purchase and some forces don't like to grant an extra cylinder.If your interested in owning handguns other than muzzle loaders look at the long barreled pistols and revolvers or historic firearms. Only problem with historic is cost and you have to keep them at the club. If you created a collection for ww2 pr the cold war then that would allow ownership of a lot of "modern handguns".

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    These Taylor cylinders that convert cap and ball to cartridge firing cannot be purchased in the UK and yet if you have one then it is possible to use them at clubs that accept blackpowder shooting!!
    Perhaps if you have the machining skills and you can locate spare "cap & ball" cylinders for your particular revolver you could make your own conversion cylinder. I did some casual checking and Cabella's has some spare cylinders in the sixty dollar range. Worse case, if you needed two to make a single conversion cylinder (considering any dimensional losses), it's still half the price of Taylor's.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Guns aside,.. I voted to leave as I believe Brussels has become too big, too unweildly and too dictatorial. That said we were all mislead, misinformed and are now the victims of our polititians protecting their own interest rather than those of the electorate which is why we have still not left Europe. Nigel Farage did a great job in generating support to leave but we voted with no idea of what the process would entail. Carl Benjamin raises some pertinent social points but I don't feel he has the attributes to be an effective rational politician to benefit the country for the long term.

Hello and welcome, from yet another Brit. If I had still been living in UK during the Brexit vote, I too would have voted to leave. T May is turning out to be just as useless and J Major. Sorry I can't help you out on the Black Powder issue, that's outside my range of experience. Back in the good old days in the UK (70s/80s) was able to legally own a .357 mag revolver as well as an HK4 semi auto.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Appreciate your insights.

Thanks.

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Perhaps if you have the machining skills and you can locate spare "cap & ball" cylinders for your particular revolver you could make your own conversion cylinder. I did some casual checking and Cabella's has some spare cylinders in the sixty dollar range. Worse case, if you needed two to make a single conversion cylinder (considering any dimensional losses), it's still half the price of Taylor's.
    Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Would greatly appreciate discussing it further by email if possible
    jeremyz@valentinestables.com

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    You reply to this ...

with Let's talk off forum
    Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Would greatly appreciate discussing it further by email if possible
    jeremyz@valentinestables.com

but you ignore this ...
    Welcome to the forum!

The Taylor cartridge cylinder in the UK would be illegal to posses on a section 1 cert as it would make the revolver a section 5. You can purchase the nitro conversion cylinders but they are still muzzle loading. An extra cylinder would have to be entered on to your certificate so you would need a variation prior to purchase and some forces don't like to grant an extra cylinder.If your interested in owning handguns other than muzzle loaders look at the long barreled pistols and revolvers or historic firearms. Only problem with historic is cost and you have to keep them at the club. If you created a collection for ww2 pr the cold war then that would allow ownership of a lot of "modern handguns".

My spidey sense says be careful folks, don't get yourself in a wreck.

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    You reply to this ...

with Let's talk off forum

but you ignore this ...

My spidey sense says be careful folks, don't get yourself in a wreck.
    Welcome to the forum!

Hi Nietzsche. Thanks for your response. Yes that seems to be the long and the short of it. The nitro conversion cylinders with shotgun primers deems to be a good halfway house option or a long barreled option like this https://www.henrykrank.com/uberti-1873-uberti-s-a-a-buntline-target-lbr-45lc.html although can't imagin what it would feel like to shoot. The trouble with the 12 inch barrel and arm rest option is they look very strange! The historic option is infact very complicated and as you say prohibitively expensive...cheaper to move to the USA! Thanks again. J

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "(While) I do not agree with all the USA firearms laws"

Sir, I would venture, without specific knowledge, that you do not understand "U.S. firearms laws".

Having recruited many to Texas over the decades, I learned to expect to hear three specific comments from auslanders:

1) This is not at all what I expected (to find here in Texas) !"

2) "Everything is so big and clean!"

3) The people here are SO NICE!"

Please pay us a nice long visit before making further comments like the above. You WILL be pleasantly surprised, I guarantee !

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Please recall that, under Theresa May & Sadiq Khan, the Brits have moved from "gun control" to "knife control" to "hammer control"; and are now about to institute "wrench control" and "large spoon control". Next, expect "umbrella control".

leVieux

Top Bottom