• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Please recall that, under Theresa May & Sadiq Khan, the Brits have moved from "gun control" to "knife control" to "hammer control"; and are now about to institute "wrench control" and "large spoon control". Next, expect "umbrella control".

leVieux

Cubicle control.
    You can't leave it, citizen.
    DK Firearms

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    "(While) I do not agree with all the USA firearms laws"

Sir, I would venture, without specific knowledge, that you do not understand "U.S. firearms laws".

Having recruited many to Texas over the decades, I learned to expect to hear three specific comments from auslanders:

1) This is not at all what I expected (to find here in Texas) !"

2) "Everything is so big and clean!"

3) The people here are SO NICE!"

Please pay us a nice long visit before making further comments like the above. You WILL be pleasantly surprised, I guarantee !

leVieux

Hi LeVieux
    I did once live in rural Pensylvania (Finleyville) for two years, have driven east to west New York to LA and the whole West coast north to south, shot in Tombstone Arizona with internationally renowned wild west author William Shillingberg and Ex Marshall Everett Lee Brownsey both lovely individuals. I have been to Texas and was impressed on all fronts, and still have many dear USA friends.
    Perhaps I should have rephrased my comment to say 'I think there are a few gun laws in the USA that I don't agree with but commend the majority of them believing other countries should adopt a more rational position.
    Thanks for your comment and I have another visit to the USA on my bucket list! J

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    prohibitively expensive...cheaper to move to the USA! J
    That's what I ended up doing in 2014! But only by luck.

I had the Taurus. 357 LBR and whilst it wasn't the best looking gun it was a lot less hassle than the BP 1860 colt replica had. The browning buckmark LBP always looked like a good choice with a carbon wrapped barrel light and balance well.

Also had a 4" .44mag revolver restricted to 2 shot for humane dispatch and a 6" .410 Taurus Judge revolver for shooting vermin in and around buildings. A couple of years before I left Sussex Police became a pain. They decided the .410 judge was a prohibited weapon and seized it. Took a year to get it back and only after agreeing to convert from 5 shot to single shot. Then I sold the .44 and applied for permission to by another, the refused and said they will now only grant .38 and "If you don't like it take us to court". Couldn't afford to waste £10,000 and lose. I don't miss it and am sorry all my fellow UK shooters continue to suffer the BS. Hope you find a legal solution to suit your needs.

Last edited:

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Please recall that, under Theresa May & Sadiq Khan, the Brits have moved from "gun control" to "knife control" to "hammer control"; and are now about to institute "wrench control" and "large spoon control". Next, expect "umbrella control".

leVieux

LOL..Oh No...how will I be able to chop an onion and dice some beef or drink my soup!!

Unfortunately though we do now have a dreadful dangerous knife culture mainly with relative youngsters that is so sad, but I'm sure if our gun laws were less stringent this knife epidemic would not necessarily transpose to a similar dangerous gun problem.
    But the opinions of un autre vieil homme like me has not significance :(

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hi Nietzsche. Thanks for your response. Yes that seems to be the long and the short of it. The nitro conversion cylinders with shotgun primers deems to be a good halfway house option or a long barreled option like this https://www.henrykrank.com/uberti-1873-uberti-s-a-a-buntline-target-lbr-45lc.html although can't imagin what it would feel like to shoot. The trouble with the 12 inch barrel and arm rest option is they look very strange! The historic option is infact very complicated and as you say prohibitively expensive...cheaper to move to the USA! Thanks again. J
    LOL..Oh No...how will I be able to chop an onion and dice some beef or drink my soup!!

Unfortunately though we do now have a dreadful dangerous knife culture mainly with relative youngsters that is so sad, but I'm sure if our gun laws were less stringent this knife epidemic would not necessarily transpose to a similar dangerous gun problem.
    But the opinions of un autre vieil homme like me has not significance :(

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    But we know, from our Grandfathers & Fathers of the "World Wars Era" that our Brit Cousins should have learned by now to not disarm themselves again. Or to not allow the moslem hordes into their backyards.

Comme dit le vieux chanson: "When will we learn; when will we EVER LEARN? ?"

leVieux

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Funny, in an amusing way. Inanimate objects problems......

FIFY......
    Unfortunately though we do now have a dreadful dangerous PEOPLE culture mainly with relative youngsters/PEOPLE that is so sad, but I'm sure if our PEOPLE laws were less stringent this knife epidemic would not necessarily transpose to a similar dangerous PEOPLE problem.

I dont even know what to do with the phrase "KNIFE EPIDEMIC"
    Thats one of the silliest phraseology's that Ive ever heard.
    But I am enjoying reading your side of it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

leVieux

I think they're already at "thinking rude things" control, albeit not as far off the deep end as Germany.

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK

FIFY......

FIFY......

Hi Dad_Rodman.
    I do apologise for falling short in the literary stakes and admit I am no Shakespeare or Byron for sure. You clearly went further in your literary studies than me. I agree wholeheartedly with you that it is not the object but the person behind it. Perhaps to explain better we have in the UK as in other countries many young people with limited options. Nett result 'gang affiliation' with all the problems that arise with it. In the UK so many youngsters now carry knives for all the wrong reasons and unfortunately use them resulting in ruined lives all round. I know this is nothing to do with a forum all about enjoying the responsible ownership and use of firearms but thought I would try and clarify my original poorly explained viewpoint to you. Thanks for your feedback J

Last edited:

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    But we know, from our Grandfathers & Fathers of the "World Wars Era" that our Brit Cousins should have learned by now to not disarm themselves again. Or to not allow the moslem hordes into their backyards.

Comme dit le vieux chanson: "When will we learn; when will we EVER LEARN? ?"

leVieux

C'est vrai en effet.

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Anytime I hear someone put 'laws' and 'rational' in the same sentence I start thinking "how much freedom is this going to cost us?"

Hi Easy rider ( i used to have have a roadster and electrogluide)... That's the UK for you 'Laws' and 'rational' or rather 'irrational' !!

Top Bottom