• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You know armor thyroid is porcine. Levothyroxine is identical to the T4 that your body produces.

Just fyi.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I bought some Japanese Knotweed (75mg) and took it for two days. I had some bad feelings those two days that I can only say were "down in the dumps" feelings. Meaning that I felt tired and run down which coincided with the pills. When I quit them it stopped.

Are there any know side affects for this stuff or will it react badly with other medicines or supplements?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I bought some Japanese Knotweed (75mg) and took it for two days. I had some bad feelings those two days that I can only say were "down in the dumps" feelings. Meaning that I felt tired and run down which coincided with the pills. When I quit them it stopped.

Are there any know side affects for this stuff or will it react badly with other medicines or supplements?
    I suppose anything is possible...

I take DIM as well.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    JohnnyLoco said:
    I know, old thread, but if you eat clean, cut out the crap in your diet, work out high intensity and lift weights 6 days a week, and take the right nutritional supplements, you do not need that crap. This is a fact.

Fact is, you don't know my medical history. But thanks for your OPINION.
    I agree with scap99 here.
    How does JohnnyLoco know that someone doesn't have hypogonadism, damaged testicles, kidneys, or a faulty pituitary gland?
    These are the only valid medical conditions for which testosterone should be prescribed, but how would JohnnyLoco know that?

JohnnyLoco may have been influenced by the fact that there are several articles out there by respected medical organizations addressing the problem where several garbage clinics prescribe testosterone to males that have low testosterone just because they're old, or just because they have lower than normal testosterone at baseline.

One could assume from ZX9RCAM's post that his doctor is prescribing testosterone incorrectly

Some of us old timers hurt too much to work out.
    Besides, it would get in the way of my TV watching.

FDA said:
    However, FDA has become aware that testosterone is being used extensively in attempts to relieve symptoms in men who have low testosterone for no apparent reason other than aging...
    ...add information to the labeling about a possible increased risk of heart attacks and strokes in patients taking testosterone
    BUT, It's always wrong to assume.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I suppose the sarcasm was lost in translation, lol.
    My doctor might very well be, but he based it on my lab results.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Found a solution by taking it at night. At first I took it in the morning with the rest of the vitamins I take for no other reason than that's when I have always taken the bulk of supplements. Switched to night time and the bad effects must either occur during sleep or my body has gotten used to it now.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    New test came in at 785. Is this a range that is acceptable or is it low? Can I bump it up over 900 safely?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    New test came in at 785. Is this a range that is acceptable or is it low? Can I bump it up over 900 safely?

What's the free T number?
    What's your Estradiol number?

I'm also curious on the reason you want to bump it over 900. Is there another reason other than you just want it to be higher?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What's the free T number?
    What's your Estradiol number?

I'm also curious on the reason you want to bump it over 900. Is there another reason other than you just want it to be higher?

I need to have my Dr. check for this next time.
    I have not seen anything on my results that seem to show this.

Top Bottom