Patriot Mobile

Man charged with killing Mollie Tibbetts is an undocumented immigrant, authorities say

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    20 years in the USPS as a worker bee. Management is filled with those who couldn't, wouldn't, or shouldn't do real work. Nepotism is alive and well in the Postal Service.

Here's a real good example.

A few years back there was this program where they asked all the letter carriers to talk to this business customers about using USPS to ship. If they were interested then the sales people would come out to talk with them.

I had a business customer that was really excited about switching. They got set up with all the free Priority Mail boxes and stuff. Started using us. The kicker is they were generating around 500-1000 packages a day. WAY more than I could pick up. The largest vehicle we had at our station was a minivan. So we talked to downtown and they sent us a couple of the old bread truck vehicles. It still took 3-4 trips to get all those packages to the station. Management wasn't happy because it was costing them overtime. So they talked to downtown about scheduling a pickup with a 5 ton truck since this customer had a loading dock they could just roll the packages right in the truck.

So downtown agreed to do this. They set up the customer with rolling equipment and such. The 5 ton started picking up the mail. However they generated enough mail that it basically filled a 5 ton almost every day. This meant that the driver had to go back downtown to unload. Basically about an hour or so per day to get these 500-1000 packages every day.

This pissed off the transportation manager downtown because it meant that the driver was getting an hour of overtime every day. So he canceled the pickup and told the customer to go back to UPS.

A manager killed a $3-5 million dollar account because it was going to cost his budget some OT.

Needless to say the customer was shocked AND pissed. They were saving over $1,000 dollars a day using USPS and getting free Saturday delivery. But some manager didn't want that extra business.

The Union and I raised hell over this. We were told that it was above our pay grade and to shut up and get back to work.

That transportation manager was later promoted to Postmaster of a town outside of Portland. A pay increase of around $15k a year. How the hell someone who kills a $3-5 million dollar account gets a raise and promotion is beyond me. He should have been fired.
    I used to work for USPS

**** Up, Move Up!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I used to work for USPS

**** Up, Move Up!

You can suck up, screw up, or be related. That's the best three ways to get promoted. The other way is to be able to check more than one "diversity" box.

If you can check two "diversity" boxes, are related to someone in Management, and you screw up, your skids are greased.

The godson of the former Portland Postmaster, son of a regional manager, and worthless bag of spit that couldn't do basic math, carried mail for 18 months. During that 18 months he required assistance with every route he was on. The he went to the ASP (Another Stupid Person) school, where he had to have help with the basic business math portion, and started moving up the ranks. BTW, normally you have to hit every step when getting promoted. This person managed to go up two steps every time. Of course he had his hand picked management team follow him to his every assignment. They knew that their fortunes were tied to him.

One of the people in the ASP with him came back to craft. They told me that there was NO way he could have passed the tests in the math portion of the school. He had tutored this guy for three solid weeks. He was barely able to do basic third grade math.

Did I add he skated through Portland Public Schools by playing basketball?

He worked in my unit during that 18 months he was carrying mail. Dumber than a stump. But we all knew he was going places due to who he was and who he was related to.

His mom is now retired and his godmother has moved on. I wonder how he's doing now? I see they have yet to appoint a new postmaster to Portland.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TheMailMan,

The SWAMP is throughout the federal government & all of its various sub-departments.

Remember, the Swamp-dwellers always PROTECT & PROMOTE the other denizens of the Swamp.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SloppyShooter,

Actually, the MOST important of questions that isn't on the 4473 is: Are you now or have you ever been an ANTI-GUN, LEFTIST, DIMocRAT, HATER??

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SloppyShooter,

As I'm quite SURE that you're aware, there was a missing COMMA. - FIXED.

yours, satx

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I hope republicans are smart enough to use this as an issue, especially anytime the liberals talk about family separation at the border.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I hope republicans are smart enough to use this as an issue, especially anytime the liberals talk about family separation at the border.

They can for affect, but it's not that necessary. The argument against family separation falls apart as soon as you bring up the fact that parents (actual citizens) and families are separated everyday here in the U.S. when they break the law and are held in jail or sentenced to prison.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They can for affect, but it's not that necessary. The argument against family separation falls apart as soon as you bring up the fact that parents (actual citizens) and families are separated everyday here in the U.S. when they break the law and are held in jail or sentenced to prison.

But, that's different....

:green:

Top Bottom