539960_3589635496730_1148614548_3568158_852128332_n.jpg
    Texas SOT

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So does anyone have any good recommendations on where to pick up a decent Mosin at a fair price without having to drive hours from where I live or getting a C&R?

I live in the country just outside of a little town called Bay City about 80 miles south of Houston. I've been following the thread and have had a growing interest in getting a Mosin of my own to plink with. I was all set to purchase one from another member but he ended up changing his mind. I'd be willing to devote about $100-150 toward acquiring one but I don't have much for FFL transfer options near me and all of them are pretty expensive and really don't know if I want to go through the C&R process for one gun. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it and accept one of the choices?

Houston Gun Forum/ Texas Gun Forum gun shop is where I got mine. I live in Sugar Land, and it's quite the drive up to Stuebner, but it's not hours away. Maybe one for me, not sure how many that is for you.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    I don't have much for FFL transfer options near me and all of them are pretty expensive and really don't know if I want to go through the C&R process for one gun. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it and accept one of the choices?

Another good thing about you getting a C&R and can get you your money back,$30,are the discounts that folks like Brownells & Midway give you.I have gotten more that got my money back in a few months time.
    This on top of saving the transfer fee and having it delivered to your front door.

Odds are real good that if you buy one,it will just be the first of more to come.
    Been there and still doing that.:)

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Cabelas in frisco just got a new shipment of 91/30's in $150 a piece no accessories. I have never seen mosin's with so much Cosmo on them, there was so much Cosmo in the bore and action that you couldn't see down the barrel and the bolt wouldn't open.

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble
    I just ordered one of the Ministry of Defense 91/30's from AIM. At least I hope I did. Right after I finished the order it said "sold out". This will hopefully have been my first C&R purchase but I know it won't be my last. Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I got one before they were gone.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    10 minutes in and already a thread I can identify with -- I'm fresh in from GunBoards.com, the original home of the Mosin-Nagant enthusiasts!

I have three M91/30's and an M44, all of which I love to death (and two of which I bought through their trader). I've taken several of my friends on their first-ever range trips, and all of them got to fire both the M91/30's and the M44. Now one went and got himself an M44, another wants to buy one as soon as he can, and I met another friend that has several! It's always a hoot to watch the stupid grins they get when they fire their first M44 and see the Great Dane-sized fireball that comes out the muzzle for the first time!

topcote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Conroe
    Since you mentioned a M44, Here's an Izzy with all matching numbers w/double pinned laminated stock. Dated '44 and in such perfect shape, i doubt it was ever pointed at a German, thus no counter bore. The double pinned stock is interesting, but by no means rare. What i find unusual is the single ear bayonet lug w/the double pin. What i have found that it is either with both or none. I would of expected to see a double ear lug with a double pin stock. Doing the research on these babies is sometimes more fun than shooting them. 100_5954.jpg

Nunia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    San Angelo
    I have a 1938 Izzy 91/30 that I added a timney trigger, a Rock Solid scope mount, and a SWFA SS 10x42 scope and with hand loads can shoot groups that are about 1/2 inch from a bench rest at 100 yards. At 200 yards the groups open up to about 1 1/2 inches and that's the farthest I've shot it. TulAmmo shoots almost as well. It's a blast to shoot even though my $85.00 rifle now has about $500.00 in it, but my eyes just can't see a 100 yard target without a scope. I would recommend this rifle to anyone looking for a cheap rifle, and cheap ammo if you want it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Rarest Mosin you've handled?

For me, one of my friends culled his collection (that's where I got my M39), and I got to coon-finger his St. Petersburg Carbine. Would have bought it, but couldn't come up with the $3800 he was asking.

Top Bottom