• ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    BuzzinSATX.,

YEP the "pl@stic b@st@rd" are "recognized worldwide for their reliability & performance" UNTIL/UNLESS you are the unfortunate person that one blows up on & seriously wounds or kills. = IF that happens to YOU, come back & tell me how 'wonderful, wonderful" that they are.

You may want to read/accept Post # 127 as FACT. = I was there & SAW what happened to the Postal Inspector. - He will NEVER look normal again.

yours, satx

I never said they were wonderful. And most Glock shooters, myself included, readily accept and acknowledge their shortfalls.

I won’t question your story about the Glock blowing up in the guys hand...but I will wonder what ammo the guy was using that caused such a blow up...seems pretty bad for factory, but what do I know. Just this....it was a very rare anomaly.

If Glocks blew up a tiny fraction of the time, there would be stories galore...but there aren’t. I’ve really only heard your story. If there were many stories, they would get out...and there would NOT be near the amount of military and LEO units using them as there are today, around the Globe.

Glocks are not the best guns available...not the most ergonomic, not the most accurate...not the most stylish.

But they work...well...and continue to work....dirty, under lubed, and banged around. You don’t have to like them, or even own one. But only a fool would claim so many different organization choosing the same gun for the folks they send in harms way are ALL wrong. That is simply absurdly. It’s surpassed the 1911 and BHP for use worldwide. I don’t know if it’s passed the CZ75 (and clones) design, but there is zero denial that it’s a popular and reliable firearm choice.

How in the world does that make a Glock overrated?

Again...don’t be a hater.
    Capitol Armory ad

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    HawkeyeSATX,

Model of 1917 US Army in.45ACP??

FYI, when the DC Metro Police had several (about 10-12, I think) LEOs get shot by a Glock IN THE HOLSTER, Glock corporate blamed SAFARILAND's issue holsters & the GUN BELTS.
    (FUNNY THING THOUGH, no other department was having problems with their SAFARILAND leather goods.)

As I said, i would not have one if they were FREE.

yours, satx

Yes, you are correct!
    A S&W Model 1917 in .45 ACP!
    Still running strong after 104 years old!

Glock has done a great job with their marketing, I admit that!
    If they’re so good, then why have they blown up and and misfire issues still?

Just saying!

Hawk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Isn’t it odd, that Glock won’t stand by their product when one of their pistols detonate?!?
    Their ever so boring, and hugely predictable response is, “It’s the ammo that made it blow up! It wasn’t due to our firearm being at all faulty!”
    Oh yeah, considerable amounts of them just blow up because of faulty ammo? Wow! I guess the factory quality control has really slipped a lot since nothing has been, or ever will be with the wonder pistol known as Glock!
    So, what about the millions of pistols that have unsupported case heads made by Glock?!?
    The Glock 23 I had issued would bulge the cases so bad, they couldn’t, or even be thought about reloading them!
    I haven’t seen another company have that same problem.
    Now, on the other hand, SIG has had some of their pistols fire without having their triggers pulled! I think they haven’t completely addressed those issues either, because they have the Federal contract to supply our Armed Forces. I believe these companies are settling out of court, and not anything more is ever heard, unfortunately.
    It’s a shame!
    Unsuspecting civilians get these shoddy firearms, and end up paying the ultimate penalty because of wrong engineering.
    Plus, Glock won’t make it to be over 100 years old.
    Not like this piece of engineering and artwork that I got today!
    If they do, I’d be totally surprised!
    Hawk

I don’t know whether Glocks will last 100
    years or not, but do I really give a crap? LOL! It’s a plastic frame gun. I didn’t buy it for an heirloom...that’s what my safe queens are for.

I don’t buy all the stuff you are selling. I just don’t. If anyone really wants to know how Glock pistols stand up, as well as many other popular models, check out this thread and the poster “Henderson Defense”

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I never said they were wonderful. And most Glock shooters, myself included, readily accept and acknowledge their shortfalls.

I won’t question your story about the Glock blowing up in the guys hand...but I will wonder what ammo the guy was using that caused such a blow up...seems pretty bad for factory, but what do I know. Just this....it was a very rare anomaly.

If Glocks blew up a tiny fraction of the time, there would be stories galore...but there aren’t. I’ve really only heard your story. If there were many stories, they would get out...and there would NOT be near the amount of military and LEO units using them as there are today, around the Globe.

Glocks are not the best guns available...not the most ergonomic, not the most accurate...not the most stylish.

But they work...well...and continue to work....dirty, under lubed, and banged around. You don’t have to like them, or even own one. But only a fool would claim so many different organization choosing the same gun for the folks they send in harms way are ALL wrong. That is simply absurdly. It’s surpassed the 1911 and BHP for use worldwide. I don’t know if it’s passed the CZ75 (and clones) design, but there is zero denial that it’s a popular and reliable firearm choice.

How in the world does that make a Glock overrated?

Again...don’t be a hater.

BuzzinSATX,

Glock makes every person that they settle with financially sign a NDA. That' s WHY you hear little of the "detonations".

As I said, I SAW the Postal Inspector's face, after the pistol DETONATED.
    (FYI, as I was the "designated investigator" for the Fort's PM office, the corporate "suits": tried to intimidate me.)

He was shooting standard US Government 124 grain JHP, just as every other Postal Inspector carried on the job.

yours, satx

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    And you are making an assertion, or assumption, that it couldn't, or has never happened with any other brand or type of pistol. In which you would totally incorrect. I have seen quite a few for various reasons, even full metal semi-auto's grenade on the shooter over the years.

A pistol is a mechanical device, and mechanical devises fail for many reasons.
    I 2nd that!

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    You can't just state a brand without stating a model. S&W mod629 in 44mag had been absolutely perfect, but that's a revolver. Semi in da/SA, striker/hammer varients is another story in problematic handguns. Under or overated!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    BuzzinSATX,

Glock makes every person that they settle with financially sign a NDA. That' s WHY you hear little of the "detonations".

(FYI, as I was the "designated investigator" for the Fort's PM office, the corporate "suits": tried to intimidate me.)

He was shooting standard US Government 124 grain JHP, just as every other Postal Inspector carried on the job.

yours, satx

And if that were true, and there were Non-Disclosure Agreements signed by the plaintiff's in the event of these supposed lawsuits against Glock for the "detonations" of their pistols, and unless you were either part of Glock's legal team or department, or the number of plaintiff's legal staff's in these lawsuits, how would you know these NDA's even exist in the first place?

Are you claiming to have inside information that other's aren't privy to?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Nearly every product liability settlement is going to have an NDA attached to it.

That’s why companies settle, they pay money so the problem goes away from the public eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Nearly every product liability settlement is going to have an NDA attached to it.

That’s why companies settle, they pay money so the problem goes away from the public eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many companies also use NDA's as a part of conditions of employment. I have signed and was bound by many in years past because of the companies and information I was in charge of.

In a lawsuit, to keep things under the radar, they seem to have become a more common practice though. I suspect so that undue negative publicity is deterred would be my guess.

From my understanding. lawsuits settled in court during a trial, become part of the public record. If the litigants settle out of court, and a NDA is signed as part of the conditions of the settlement, they might be immune from being part of the public record as the the details of the case and the settlement.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    BuzzinSATX,

yours, satx
    SATX,

Again, I am not questioning your story about the incident. But I still don’t buy the suggestion that it is a common occurrence. I understand the NDA concept, but they are signed after the settlement. Still have never heard another similar story...can you point me to one?

I have many Glocks. Glocks are the most common brand in pistol classes for the last 10+ years. They were half of every Gunsite class I attended. All my instructors, regardless what they carried, had nothing but good words for the platform.

If they blew up up as much as you say they do, we’d hear about it...just like we hear about the dropped Sigs...

No offense meant. I’ll agree to disagree. Take care,

Buzz

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    SATX,

Again, I am not questioning your story about the incident. But I still don’t buy the suggestion that it is a common occurrence. I understand the NDA concept, but they are signed after the settlement. Still have never heard another similar story...can you point me to one?

I have many Glocks. Glocks are the most common brand in pistol classes for the last 10+ years. They were half of every Gunsite class I attended. All my instructors, regardless what they carried, had nothing but good words for the platform.

If they blew up up as much as you say they do, we’d hear about it...just like we hear about the dropped Sigs...

No offense meant. I’ll agree to disagree. Take care,

Buzz

What I have learned over the years as mechanic of many various types of equipment, that anything with moving parts is prone to failure. Anything mass produced, is prone to manufacturing defects. Just the nature of the beast and the times we live in.

That said, defects and faults happen, regardless of the brand. They happen. I have seen just about every brand of firearm suffer from catastrophic failure over the years. I'll even offer this, that considering the popularity of the Glock's, the sheer number of them that are manufactured and sold, I'm surprised as to the low failure rate they do have. An I don't personally own one, or even call myself a fan of the Glock, but it's hard to argue their reliability. I even suggest them as an option for someone looking for a reliable pistol for carry or home defense because they are so dead nuts reliable.

Problem with these discussions is that many people are brand loyal, or brand haters and regardless of the facts, nothing is going to convince them otherwise that their perceptions and reasoning is incorrect.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Depends on what you mean by "overrated". I don't like the feel and look of the Glock, but it is what it is.

In my opinion, at least pricewise, is the Colt Python, or possibly anything Colt. You pay way too much for the name, so in that respect, they're overrated.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Depends on what you mean by "overrated". I don't like the feel and look of the Glock, but it is what it is.

In my opinion, at least pricewise, is the Colt Python, or possibly anything Colt. You pay way too much for the name, so in that respect, they're overrated.

easy rider,

Even though I'm a "devotee of" the OLD-SCHOOL handguns by Colt, I will NOT be buying any more as they are HORRIDLY overpriced.
    (Fwiw, I'm told that my circa 1965 Python is now "worth" over 2000.oo. = Even though it is NOT for sale & awaits my 2YO son, NATHAN PAUL, being old enough to shoot it, TWO THOUSAND BUCKS PLUS is just plain SILLY for a used .357 MAG revolver.)

just my OPINION, satx

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Overrated?
    First one comes to mind for me is the FN 57. So many ooh and aah over a highly overpriced pistol.
    Another is the Beretta 92. Made popular because it was selected by military (M-9).
    I don’t see the Taurus Judge as overrated, more like a misunderstood novelty gun. But Taurus semi-auto pistols are overrated; cheap guns that are notorious for high rate of problems and miserable factory support.
    Glocks are over hyped by fan boys, but a good gun for the price. I don’t particularly care for them though.
    1911’s get over hyped by fan boys too, but historically speaking it is an enduring and reliable platform. Kimber‘s however, with their rust issues and over pricing, are overrated.
    Colt revolvers (new and old) are overrated.

Top Bottom