• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Certain types of people tend to gravitate towards certain breeds odogs because with lsrger so-called dangerous breeds of dogs they thinkimakes them look cool or more badass.Awannabe togh guy is giung to go for a pit bullor dobermanor mastiff and not a poodlebecause it's about image they are trying toprojectto everyone around them.

Italk to my dogs in reDnecK! East blame Texican, most like....
    FIFY! :roflsmile:
    Venture Surplus ad

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I had to go out today and as I was approaching blacktop on my access road (runs through several properties I'm at the end) a pit bull looking dog was trotting down the middle of the road toward my truck like it owned the road.

When it got close enough, I yelled at it to get the hell home, and it took off running onto a property that belongs to a new owner that I haven't met.

No idea if it was theirs, but as it cut across in front of me, I noticed a red splotch on it's right hip..., too bright to be blood, I'm thinking one of my used to be paintballer neighbors sent it off with a message to it's owners (assuming it wasn't dropped off) that running free ain't gonna work for long.

I'm telling you that if it shows up on my property, I won't be sending it home with any message to it's owners unless I miss my shot...

I gotta say I don't like pit bulls more than I don't like other breeds.

Frankly, I don't like most other peoples dogs..., and it doesn't matter much what breed, I most often won't give them a chance if they show up on my property, unless I know their owner and know their owner will address the problem when I address the owner.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I had to go out today and as I was approaching blacktop on my access road (runs through several properties I'm at the end) a pit bull looking dog was trotting down the middle of the road toward my truck like it owned the road.

When it got close enough, I yelled at it to get the hell home, and it took off running onto a property that belongs to a new owner that I haven't met.

No idea if it was theirs, but as it cut across in front of me, I noticed a red splotch on it's right hip..., too bright to be blood, I'm thinking one of my used to be paintballer neighbors sent it off with a message to it's owners (assuming it wasn't dropped off) that running free ain't gonna work for long.

I'm telling you that if it shows up on my property, I won't be sending it home with any message to it's owners unless I miss my shot...

I gotta say I don't like pit bulls more than I don't like other breeds.

Frankly, I don't like most other peoples dogs..., and it doesn't matter much what breed, I most often won't give them a chance if they show up on my property, unless I know their owner and know their owner will address the problem when I address the owner.
    You might want read up on shootin dogs in Texas withou justificatio or vlid readons because you could be charged with up to 3rd degree felonyfor you actions.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Here's some food for thought in regards to dog breeds.
    Well he!!s bells. Never knew the Jack Russel terrier was known to attack. I guess it makes sense though . Back in 2009 I moved in with the folks for a short time after a divorce. We were in a drought at that time, so coyotes were migrating into the suburbs. Sadie mostly stuck around the back yard even though she could easily get through the vertical iron fence pickets. Mom got a call from the neighbor one day that that my little Sadie was chasing a coyote . She’s passed away a few years ago, but damn she was a good dog

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Well he!!s bells. Never knew the Jack Russel terrier was known to attack. I guess it makes sense though . Back in 2009 I moved in with the folks for a short time after a divorce. We were in a drought at that time, so coyotes were migrating into the suburbs. Sadie mostly stuck around the back yard even though she could easily get through the vertical iron fence pickets. Mom got a call from the neighbor one day that that my little Sadie was chasing a coyote . She’s passed away a few years ago, but damn she was a good dog
    I worked with a guy who came to work one morning with a bandage on his nose. He had been teasing his wife's Jack Russel and it bite his nose. :laughing:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My old friend Ralph had a pack Rat Terriers and they are killing machines moles, squirrels, stray cats, possums, trash pandas . They work as a pack & nothing scares them. I seen trailers come in with trapped hogs & then them Terrier are on it by the sound coming over the rigde. Penned or caged hogs soon found out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I would like to think that dog ownership is way more beneficial then harmful in the long run.

Many of us here will say simply they like & trust dogs over people.

I also find it strange how we can have prejudice over different breeds of dogs, but that shit dissappears when it's a puppy.

I wonder if when a dog attacks a person if the same area in its brain are active as a human attacting another person?

Do you think the prejudice people feel for cat over dogs is the same kind of things going on in ones brain that dislike certain groups of people?

We all have met collectors of various things in life. Are people who collect guns as messed up as say the crazy crat lady or those who just keep taking in strays?

When a dog or group of attack a human do they get unfair representation over a group of yutes doing the same? Plenty of postings about din du nuffin doing brutal things to others & getting away with it.
    People that prefer cats over dogs have a loose screw.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Certain types of people tend to gravitate towards certain breeds odogs because with lsrger so-called dangerous breeds of dogs they thinkimakes them look cool or more badass.Awannabe togh guy is giung to go for a pit bullor dobermanor mastiff and not a poodlebecause it's about image they are trying toprojectto everyone around them.

Italk to my dogs in redneck!

More like some people like working class dogs or what you call dangerous.

And others like them to make make up for a small weaner

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You might want read up on shootin dogs in Texas withou justificatio or vlid readons because you could be charged with up to 3rd degree felonyfor you actions.

in what sounds like a rural area when it is 1 man and 1 dead dog the mans story of the dog charged me wins

Now if the shooter is fool enough to say ah the puppy was wiggling and rolling on its back for a belly rub so I put 3 rounds of .45 into it well he gets what is coming to him

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Anyone here been attacked by a dog?

Attachments

• 20211205_063106.jpg
      20211205_063106.jpg
      252.4 KB · Views: 51

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Anyone here been attacked by a dog?
    My great grandmothers rat terrier Chico attacked my face randomly when I was 2-3 years old. I still have a little scar. Thankfully it wasn't a larger breed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

pbratton

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    The owners always say “gee, he’s never done anything like that before” after their pit bull kills or seriously injures someone. Those dogs should be illegal to own or breed. The numbers don’t lie. I love dogs but pit bulls are dangerous.
    Pits are no different from raising kids: If you teach them right from wrong, they are great. I can make any dog mean, just like I can make any kid mean.

Not the dog/breed, it's the owner.

It all falls back to parenting, which seems to have stopped happening on all fronts today.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    in what sounds like a rural area when it is 1 man and 1 dead dog the mans story of the dog charged me wins

Now if the shooter is fool enough to say ah the puppy was wiggling and rolling on its back for a belly rub so I put 3 rounds of .45 into it well he gets what is coming to him

Now days you never know when a camera is around somewhere. Drones, phones, game cameras, all kinds of things.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Pits are no different from raising kids: If you teach them right from wrong, they are great. I can make any dog mean, just like I can make any kid mean.

Not the dog/breed, it's the owner.

It all falls back to parenting, which seems to have stopped happening on all fronts today.
    It’s not ALL about parenting and training. The best of those efforts has a failure rate.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My old friend Ralph had a pack Rat Terriers and they are killing machines moles, squirrels, stray cats, possums, trash pandas . They work as a pack & nothing scares them. I seen trailers come in with trapped hogs & then them Terrier are on it by the sound coming over the rigde. Penned or caged hogs soon found out.

Children or animals can have bad genes.
    Environment is also a factor.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    in all creatures a % is just plain evil. That % depends mostly on genetics then in an unknown arrangement environment temperament training and how they are treated.

no I don't have the exact numbers or order It was all pulled from my posterior but hey if we are just going to spew crap I may as well join in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom