• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Children having the wrong friends can breed bad habits and behavior.
    Heck just general society and culture can breed bad habits and behavior. I felt TV shows that were popular undermined my parenting. Look at the influence teachers have with so much of this garbage today.

But. Sorry everyone for the detail.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'll still trust my dogs long before I trust most people, and ifmy dogs don't trust you youbetter start running because sure as hell I'm not going to trust yoi either!
    A dog is easy to understand. If he can't eat it or f--- it, then piss on it!

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Had a pitbull come up to me and my mongrel when I was walking her today. My guess is it came out with the suspected idiot who was behind me, backup the street a bit, who was saying in a ridiculously loud voice: 'what y'all barking at'! It was a male and took a somewhat aggressive stance when it and my dog were sniffing each other. Mine backed off a bit, then the PB advanced but my dog then stood her ground and it backed off. Then the PB came at me somewhat quickly but it's body language did not show an imminent attack. It sniffed me a few times backed off again when I told it to get outta here and that was it. I had been talking to it all along trying to keep things calm. While it was sniffing me though, its hackles went up a bit and so was my hand up a bit - up just enough to be on the grip of my Glock 26 - had been there all alongsince it first approached. Turned out okay and we just moved on but had it become aggressive toward me, well there would have been a loud bang.

As far as I am concerned, Pit Bulls and others of the same ilk are not suitable as pets. We had two when I still lived in NY and each became suddenly very aggressive. In fact, the first one we had attacked two of our other dogs - the 2nd attack a year after the first. In each instance, that pitbull bit my wife. Why she ever decided that our next rescue would be a PB/Weimaraner mix is beyond me. That one never bit anyone, while we had it, but it became extremely aggressive toward my mother-in-law and then later on it did the same toward me. The rescue took that 2nd one back. The vet put down the one that has bitten my wife. I was against getting them then but gave in on the insistence of my wife. Now, I'd be vehemently opposed to anyone in my family wanting one.
    Isn’t it interesting the perception we choose to have? First I’m glad you and your dog are ok.

Your story is spot on with why certain breeds become popular with…well, a lot of losers.

A dog off leash in a city is disrespectful. Then you have a dog owner who isn’t one. The moment any of my dogs act up and i disapprove, I will be out there telling them to knock it off and piss off. My pit bull is the first to go to the ground and act submissive.

Going forward, if you see a dog that’s out and the owner doesn’t care, that’s your sign the dog is in charge and the owner is a pos. Be ready.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    you could say they are regular "pit bulls", as the expression goes.

im just playing dont flame me please! lmao

Top Bottom