• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    A co-worker recently married and her new husband is looking to sell his house in North Richland Hills (near north 820 and 377 IIRC).
    Would probably make you a decent deal on it as they need to move it.

I really wish I could, but I literally have NO money to buy a house. Unless they want to rent it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So I guess you got a job? Congrats.

Re: apartment reviews online, think about who posts, people who had all sorts of problems and hardly ever the people that had good experiences.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And even longer the other way.

Your life, your decision.

You're missing the message here. It's going to be a long wait to build up that much cash in my bank account, period. I'm not going to argue about something that's the least of my worries right now; how much money I need to save up over the next several years give or take a year.

I need an apartment to live in now.

In addition, I plan on living frugally in the beginning. I realize what you're saying. However, I have yet to find cheap efficiency apartments in areas where my shit won't get stolen. That's the nature of the beast when living somewhere that's not the woods. /shrug

Last edited:

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    There is a place in frisco called fox haven apts I lived there a few years ago all apts are two bedbtwo bath. A lot of mexicans live there and u should makes sure the apts clean and been spayed for pest as with any apt you move into. But I wanna say rent was 699 a month its right down the street from a walmart a kroger downtown frisco and the Mexicans never ever bothered me they have a small pool and was actually surprisingly quite. Its off of hickory st in frisco hickory is the closest think frisco has to a geto. It really int that bad I never had an issue with anything missing. But then again my wifes a cop and they all knew it.

The only easy day was yesterday.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Not that I have anything against Mexicans, but I suspect the fact your wife is LEO, and you're... you... you were probably GTG from the get go. lol.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    While you MAY be able to find something in the Grapevine area for the amount you're looking to pay, you'd probably have a better chance of finding something in Euless or Bedford. Both are just on the other side of the DFW Airport from Irving. Also, think about north Grand Prairie - the city limits stretch up north pretty far, and what might not "sound" close actually might be. North Arlington, as well - you can access the Airport Freeway from SH360 easily (it's the major north/south road coming from the Airport south).

North Richland Hills and Richland Hills may also offer some houses for rent that you might be able to sublet a room. They're an older part of the metroplex, with lots of housing from the 50's and 60's - still in good shape, but not what everyone wants.

If you're going to have a few days here before you have to start work - there are some extended stay motels that'll rent by the week or two weeks. They'd be your best bet, short of crashing on someone's couch, to help get your feet under yourself.

Good luck!

Pawpawc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    DFW area
    North Grand Prairie and north Arlington have some pretty nice apts.

I have a very good buddy who is a cop I Irving, I'll ask him about areas in Irving.

Being from this area my whole life, I think What you are looking for your best bet is going to be north Arlington. It puts you close to all major hwys, restaurants and night life too.

I actually going to be in N Arlington today so I will drive down a couple of streets that are all apts and get names for you.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Wow. So this apartment hunt has been interesting. There are quite a few expensive places available, not so much for the more available apartments. The "best" and "cheapest" apartment I've found so far has been for ~$850 in the Coppell area. Some of these places are wanting that much for small efficiencies.

Darryle

Crazy old Coot
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Roanoke, Keller, Grapevine, Bedford, Euless, possibly Hurst would make great first choices, get settled for 6 months then find a permanent place to buy.

Sent from my Tesla coil

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Roanoke, Keller, Grapevine, Bedford, Euless, possibly Hurst would make great first choices, get settled for 6 months then find a permanent place to buy.

Sent from my Tesla coil

That's a bit unrealistic for me within the next few years. Less I win the lottery.

I'm finding that Lewisville really isn't that far. Seems like it's adding about an extra ~10 minutes to my travel time.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Lewisville to Irving is going to be a nightmare at rush hour. Both directions. You'd be better served looking farther west than north.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Bars. Younger crowd type stuff. I know SMU is in the area.

And TCU is in Fort Worth. UTA is in Arlington. UNT is in Denton. Night life shouldn't dictate where you live. Rush hour traffic should trump that. It's easy to get where you want to go to party. Much more difficult to get back and forth to work. Just my .02

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom