• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Really? While everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts this is one of those cases where opinion and fact tend to blur along the edges.

For example...
    ...is factually true only if Jews and Christians are the same thing.

Guess what? There are plenty of Christians who would say that is essentially the case. Specifically, many Christians hold that their religion is simply Judaism + a true Messiah. Thus, Christianity is the same as Judaism. You don't have to look far to find Christian sects who do more than simply keep kosher; minus a few details and dress, they might as well be Hasidic.

I'm not sure where Cruz gets his comparative religion knowledge but, depending on how you look at it, a statement that Jews and Christians are the same, in the right context, may not be outrageous.

But the Israel:America thing?

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    As an observant ('orthodox') Jew with slight Zionist inclinations, I'd say that America and Israel are similar. Both are founded on the acknowledgement of a 'Creator' and won after battle with the British, for example.
    I don't think American interests and Israeli interests are ever in opposition, with the exception of arab oil. The problem there is, the arabs will sell you the oil then use the money to put a knife in your back! Israel has no such ambitions, and Judaism doesn't teach violent conquest of the world.
    The arabs want to dominate the world, the Jews largely just want to be left the hell alone... which do you want to ally with?

Eli

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you look at it as those who hate one tend to hate the other as well, pretty much true. As has been pointed out, most do not even know why they hate either. It is just all they know. As to why they still hate no matter what is shown them. Then they would have to doubt themselves and everything in thier world as they see it. That is a hard thing for anyone.
    But against radical Muslims, the fate of Christians, Jews or anyone else that does not believe as they do, are definely tied together. Any that fall, weakens us all.

from an idgit coffeeholic

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This isn't going to stop until someone tactically delivers then compresses 35 lbs of 99.96% plutonium, with multiple rounds of reprisials.

It's already been called a cancer by many of the pundits, so.....

121819.jpg

That reminds me of the trilogy of books by Lee Boyland.

Book 1
    Rings of Allah

Book 2
    Behold an Ashen Horse

Book 3
    America Reborn

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Would you rather the government censor what the people say because you disagree with it? That works both ways...

You do know that "censure" and "censor" mean two different things, don't you?

It's a simple comparison of what Liberals let those in their group-think get away with compared to those who hold opposing views. I think it's it great that Jihadists feel safe enough to openly espouse their hatred, but it is in stark contrast to the reaction that even speaking a few words in support of Israel will get.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I also know the OP mentioned in another thread that he was looking forward to the time muslims could be killed indiscriminately (or words to that effect).

Armageddon. During the final battle of Good vs Evil we will be able to kill the followers of Satan "with impunity". You conveniently left out that I also stated that I wouldn't risk my immortal soul by committing murder which is in stark contrast to what radical Muslims believe.

But please, keep posting YG, I'm forever amused at your clumsy attempts to compare Christians to Muslims.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    As much as I like Ted Cruz, that is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth. 300,000,000 Americans and if they don't love Israel or Jews, they must hate Americans and Christians? Lots of respect lost for the guy. I have no negative views or thoughts on Jews, but are people not allowed to have their own opinions without them being accused of hating America and Christians?

Did you notice that Ted Cruz's hecklers were all wearing "man-jammies"?

All the people pontificating about the First Amendment and hypocrisy on this thread, here is Prima Facie evidence of the stark contrast between a meeting where the speaker is Muslim (she was allowed to speak without being heckled) and someone supporting Jews and Christians (Ted Cruz was constantly interrupted).

But go ahead, act like there's no difference between Left and Right, Islam and Christianity, Truth and Lies. We all need a good laugh now and then.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Armageddon. During the final battle of Good vs Evil we will be able to kill the followers of Satan "with impunity". You conveniently left out that I also stated that I wouldn't risk my immortal soul by committing murder which is in stark contrast to what radical Muslims believe.

But please, keep posting YG, I'm forever amused at your clumsy attempts to compare Christians to Muslims.

And I'm amused by your clumsy attempts to justify your contempt of all Muslims.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Did you notice that Ted Cruz's hecklers were all wearing "man-jammies"?

All the people pontificating about the First Amendment and hypocrisy on this thread, here is Prima Facie evidence of the stark contrast between a meeting where the speaker is Muslim (she was allowed to speak without being heckled) and someone supporting Jews and Christians (Ted Cruz was constantly interrupted).

But go ahead, act like there's no difference between Left and Right, Islam and Christianity, Truth and Lies. We all need a good laugh now and then.

There is a difference between heckling and calling for the government to silence someone.

Booing someone does not violate their first amendment rights. Telling someone their wrong does not violate their rights. A forum banning someone for what they are saying does not violate their rights. The government stepping in and saying "you can't say that" generally violates their rights.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    As an observant ('orthodox') Jew with slight Zionist inclinations, I'd say that America and Israel are similar. Both are founded on the acknowledgement of a 'Creator' and won after battle with the British, for example.
    I don't think American interests and Israeli interests are ever in opposition, with the exception of arab oil. The problem there is, the arabs will sell you the oil then use the money to put a knife in your back! Israel has no such ambitions, and Judaism doesn't teach violent conquest of the world.
    The arabs want to dominate the world, the Jews largely just want to be left the hell alone... which do you want to ally with?

Eli

The Israelis have shown time and time again that all they want is peace. That much is blatantly evident. They gave most of the Golan Heights back to Syria after the Yom Kippur War, Gaza back to the PA in 1994, tore down settlements in the West bank after the Camp David Accords.....all for naught. Anwar Sadat was assassinated for treating with the Israelis which speaks volumes of the never ending intentions of radical muslims to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews, and any Christians they find.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    But the Israel:America thing?

Big whoop! One little bit of hyperbole from a Conservative does not equate the constant and sustained blood-soaked savagery, attacks on freedom of speech, religion, and human rights, female genital mutilation, rapes, beheadings, suicide bombings, slavery and spewed nonsense and vitriol from Leftists and radical muslims that persists to this day.

But let's ignore all that.....did you hear what Ted Cruz said!!!!!

Puh-leeze.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Big whoop! One little bit of hyperbole from a Conservative does not equate the constant and sustained blood-soaked savagery, attacks on freedom of speech, religion, and human rights, female genital mutilation, rapes, beheadings, suicide bombings, slavery and spewed nonsense and vitriol from Leftists and radical muslims that persists to this day.

But let's ignore all that.....did you hear what Ted Cruz said!!!!!

Puh-leeze.
    Sap I agree with you on your points. One would think that Islam with nearly a Billion followers would indeed show a different face instead of the radical one it does. I find it amazing that a handful of radicals can dictate to a billion people and they say and do nothing. Which begs the question, are they mindless followers more like the lemmings or do they really support the radicals?

I shall not steal, lie or cheat, NOR tolerate those who do!

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Can't we all just get along?

Violence brings violence and if that's what extremists want they will get it. Don't just classify Muslims as extremists.

Thanks Eli for the orthodox views. That's cool. Israel stands for peace and has given up land and tried to reason with its neighbors. All the extremists in those countries and in gaza just want to wipe them off the map. Shame on them.

If you come to America with your hate talk and intolerance out government will ignore you until you do something against the law unless you're white. If you're white being intolerant is worse than being a junky.

Top Bottom