• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Doesn't look like I'll get to shoot this thing for the next 2 weeks to a month. The person who allegedly is letting me sight this thing in on his land keeps flaking out at the last second. Don't have time to drive to Abilene or Perryton(the other two places I've been offered to shoot at) since school starts this week.

I hope all the bad things in the world happen to the people who bought Rustic in order to close it down.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dang man, I can't imagine waiting that long to sight in a new gun...it has to be rough. Hard to believe that there are so many places in America with no opportunities to shoot. Hopefully your luck will change and somebody else will extend you an invitation soon. Nice looking rifle by the way.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    What about the place around lubbock call the "pit"? Are you worried about getting hassled by the law? Call your local pd and ask them if it is ok to shoot there? I dunno, but i want you to shoot the damn thing lol./

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I read something on arfcom about some old air strip nearby that people used to shoot out. Don't know any details.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    What about the place around lubbock call the "pit"? Are you worried about getting hassled by the law? Call your local pd and ask them if it is ok to shoot there? I dunno, but i want you to shoot the damn thing lol./

Definitely don't want to go back out there. I got hassled already, and don't want to risk it a second time.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Oh and an update. I got to shoot it. Only put a 100 through it due to the area we were in, which was fine. I got to try to "induce" some failures too. When I bought this, I didn't want a safe queen. I wanted a gun that if it got scratched, banged up, etc it would work and I would still love it. So I grabbed handfuls of wonderful W. Texas dirt and dumped it into the upper receiver. A LOT of dirt. Pulled on the bolt a few times, and then shot Tulammo through it.

Not a single issue. No hickups or anything period.

I love this thing.

PICTURES TO COME!!!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    2012-06-03185534.gif

2012-06-03190544.gif

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I can honestly say, I'm VERY VERY surprised. I had this thing lubed up real nice like. Once that dirt hit it turned into some Froglube-Mud. But it still looks good. I'm going to do a full detail clean tomorrow, and re-Froglube this bad boy up.

Also, The iron sights were pretty much already dead on at 50 yards too. I was very pleased with this. Good job PSA and BCM.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I can honestly say, I'm VERY VERY surprised. I had this thing lubed up real nice like. Once that dirt hit it turned into some Froglube-Mud. But it still looks good. I'm going to do a full detail clean tomorrow, and re-Froglube this bad boy up.

Also, The iron sights were pretty much already dead on at 50 yards too. I was very pleased with this. Good job PSA and BCM.

i thought you had posted you used froglube. i been using that exclusively for awhile now. try doing that with clp, probably wouldnt work too well lol. i have to buy some more, im sure my dogs ate it.

ive never heat treated mine or used the paste, i just use the lube bottles and they work awesome. i think ill pick some paste up though to go with it.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I've heat treated all of my guns(only the lower and BCG on the AR). I basically clean my pistols with toilet paper, and just wipe off the gunk.

This stuff is badass.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've heat treated all of my guns(only the lower and BCG on the AR). I basically clean my pistols with toilet paper, and just wipe off the gunk.

This stuff is badass.

yes it sure is. i stopped using everything else. i had guns that were on other treatments that didnt have rusting until i came to houston. i put froglube on em and no rusting at all. prior to that, id only used froglube for the insides on a few guns i was testing em on. now i put em on the whole thing.

ive also used froglube to stop a squealing pulley on my truck that no matter what i used would never shut up.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Had some time to go shoot it. Ran into some problems. #1 the trigger pin kept walking out on me. #2 the firing pin would not strike the primer hard enough sometimes. I browsed the web and tried to figure out what it might be.

The hammerspring was installed backwards. Amateur mistake - one that I will never make again. The hammer now has noticeably more power behind it now, and I think it solved both problems.

Top Bottom