• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Huh? You took off the asap plate?

I could see that. First, single points are pretty niche. If you want to actually carry the rifle by the sling, a single point isn't probably for you. Second, most single points suck. The worst ones are just a piece of webbing that goes from the hook back to the hook. They don't work very well... A ton of people are running around with the cheap, shitty single point slings and probably hating them because the work so poorly.
    Hurley's Gold

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah I had the lonestar rig for a shotgun didn't like it. The ASAP was alright but noisy. And I didn't care for it this time around. And yes the sling I have this instant is gmg crapo from academy. But it ain't all that bad for what it is.
    Rusty that there is a nice shooter right there. What kind of fore end is that on the front though? I like it.
    tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Huh? You took off the asap plate?

And I'm probably going to get a regular fixed position to put on there and get one of those modular clip points for the hand guard. Or maybe just some para cord to clip it to on the but and the hand guard. Idk yet.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah I had the lonestar rig for a shotgun didn't like it. The ASAP was alright but noisy. And I didn't care for it this time around. And yes the sling I have this instant is gmg crapo from academy. But it ain't all that bad for what it is.
    Rusty that there is a nice shooter right there. What kind of fore end is that on the front though? I like it.

Troy Alpha rail. Pretty satisfied with it. I'm glad I went with 13''

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well, I've been using empty magazines when I mess around with my AR. I tried to put in a full magazine, and it won't lock in place. Going to do more research on this problem. Also, I am using PMAGs.

Any advice would be welcomed.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, I've been using empty magazines when I mess around with my AR. I tried to put in a full magazine, and it won't lock in place. Going to do more research on this problem. Also, I am using PMAGs.

Any advice would be welcomed.

I believe you need to tighten the mag catch a couple more turns. Try that.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Bolt closed, yes. Tried with only 5 rounds in, still had trouble. If I hold it upside down, and slam my hand on the base of the mag it seats properly. Tried messing with the magazine catch loosening and tightening it, but still having problems.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I treated the whole lower with Froglube. I planned on just lubing the upper really well before I shot it. Once I break it in, I'll clean it and then treat the upper.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    This is another cool video from another excellent brand.
    that Daniel Defense video is as much an advertisement for that Aimpoint as it is for the rifle. :o

How much do you think that rifle cost? $1,500? $2,000? and they're just tossing it around. Made me want to cry.

Oh, and Congrats OP on finishing your AR. She's a beauty!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My mags do the same thing. I hear from a friend in the usmc that they all do that. He said just pound the magazine in and tap it one more time for good luck.
    PS
    I modified my cheapo 1 point to a 2 point that does exactly what I want it to. And I like that look on hand guard I will be doin that some day. Good luck with that sight in today.

spill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Nice looking build. Kind of swayed me to pull the trigger on a BCM 16" upper kit with the Midwest Industries SS-Series Gen 2 that looks a lot like your Troy. seems to be about 6-7 ounces lighter than other 12" quad rails out there, and frankly I don't have (or necessarily want) enough doodads to hang off a quad rail to justify it's weight at the moment. Hope it ends up looking as clean as yours.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    surprised it did it off 5rds, but not that surprised. it should get better as time moves on. you could either download em by 2 on a full mag or change the way you load.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I've just tried to slam the damn thing in, and it works. I just put on a small rail and then attached a Magpul RSA so now my 1-point sling can go to a 2-point. When I took the handguard off to attach the rail, I was VERY surprised at how light it is. I'm happy with my build. Glad to see other people like it too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom