5501 Clear Creek Rd.
    Killeen, Texas 76549
    (512) 260-3602

Hours (both Adoption Centers)

Closed Monday
    Tues – Fri : 11am – 6pm
    Sat : 11am – 5pm
    Sun: 12pm – 5pm

[h=1]Here’s What Texas Humane Heroes Is All About[/h] We find loving homes for dogs and cats rescued from over-crowded local municipal shelters.
    With your help, we save these animals and prepare them for adoption into a loving, forever home.

• Over 95% of the animals saved, come from local municipal shelters that kill for space.

• Texas Humane Heroes draws families and individuals from across Texas, who seek to adopt dogs or cats.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Take that dog now! Get her down to the nearest ASPCA or No-Kill Shelter. I would think hard about reporting all of this and having charges leaned on him. That's a clear abuse case with obvious damaged to the dog. Unacceptable with zero plausible excuses.

TURN HIM IN !!!

Gotdammit. I really fucking loath being placed in this position. I'm gonna cool down, the dog is safe. I'm going to think this out.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Call the SPCA. There's laws that govern this type of thing, and they will get the ball rolling on the charges as well as helping the dog.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Definitely don't just take the dog. That's theft. Call the SPCA and let them investigate. At the very least maybe the owner will start taking it seriously. Best case scenario, he surrenders the dog to SPCA and they find it a furever home. That dog seems very adoptable, as long as it's not dog-aggressive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Maybe the dog is trying to get out of the yard, and away, for a reason....

Definitely don't just take the dog. That's theft. Call the SPCA and let them investigate. At the very least maybe the owner will start taking it seriously. Best case scenario, he surrenders the dog to SPCA and they find it a furever home. That dog seems very adoptable, as long as it's not dog-aggressive.

I've already discounted taking the dog. As much as I'd love too....can't do it. That's wrong and as much as I want to....Dammit I just can't. I gotta swallow a lot of emotion on this and think straight.

I've asked him if I could have the dog. He said no.

I've worked and wiggled to make this right with him. It's not just his dog in play. His dog is destroying the containment for mine.

Even though my dogs are chipped and fully tagged. I simply cannot have MY dogs leaving my property.

I'm going to talk to him one final time. Before I set in motion his dog being removed, I'm gonna talk to him.

If the talk doesn't rectify things. My hands are tied. I have no other option(that's legal).....I'm getting a hold of of every contact that's been posted.

****, I wish people wouldn't put others in a position, they never asked for. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit.

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    ++1 I wish I could help you, Mr Grasshopper. IMO you've elevated yourself to supernatural status by caring about others who can't care about themselves. I want to assume I'd do the same but I've never been put in that situation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    ++1 I wish I could help you, Mr Grasshopper. IMO you've elevated yourself to supernatural status by caring about others who can't care about themselves. I want to assume I'd do the same but I've never been put in that situation.

I hope your right. I'm a dog person first.....but if the neighbor's dog, attacks my dogs or cat. It's gonna be destroyed. I'm not gonna choose niceness over the life of my pets.

Yet another facet to this crap. That's getting explained to the owner also.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I hope your right. I'm a dog person first.....but if the neighbor's dog, attacks my dogs or cat. It's gonna be destroyed. I'm not gonna choose niceness over the life of my pets.

Yet another facet to this crap. That's getting explained to the owner also.

Take pictures first. His backyard with no water bowls, the fence and the dogs back. do it when hes not home so that he cant say your taking pictures of his wife through the window. You gotta do it all right incase things go bad you dont have to use it unless you have to. Another scenario dog chews hole through fence haul him to pound. tell neighbor your dogs got out but came back didnt know his was missing. Or something along that sort

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Take pictures first. His backyard with no water bowls, the fence and the dogs back. do it when hes not home so that he cant say your taking pictures of his wife through the window. You gotta do it all right incase things go bad you dont have to use it unless you have to. Another scenario dog chews hole through fence haul him to pound. tell neighbor your dogs got out but came back didnt know his was missing. Or something along that sort

Killeen city pound will kill it in less then a week. This guy is a soldier, he's never home.

If I call the law saying abuse. His life is done. I personally don't think he's abusive. He's neglectful. He's a single soldier with no family in the area. Lives alone. One child, I believe isn't on Texas soil.

I see this young soldier as nothing but a dumb ass, who's lonely at home....and bought a Pit cause it was the 'ghetto' thing to do.

He needs direction. Something his parents shoulda taught him....but didn't...so I'm being forced to.

Top Bottom