• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Today the did some evaluation for PT and OT on Shirley. She already wants out of there. She talks in starts and stops. I am more afraid of the outcome here then when she had her wreck 27 years ago. She was in good spirits this evening and insists she is ready to go home. I'm tired but will make it through.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sometimes a man has to do things he doesn't want to.
    Today the did some evaluation for PT and OT on Shirley. She already wants out of there. She talks in starts and stops. I am more afraid of the outcome here then when she had her wreck 27 years ago. She was in good spirits this evening and insists she is ready to go home. I'm tired buyt will make it through.
    Work through it brother.
    Lead the way. A good woman will follow.

We're still praying for ya'll.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Today the did some evaluation for PT and OT on Shirley. She already wants out of there. She talks in starts and stops. I am more afraid of the outcome here then when she had her wreck 27 years ago. She was in good spirits this evening and insists she is ready to go home. I'm tired buyt will make it through.
    explain to her that it takes time to healbeing in a similar situaation i understand her frustration!prayers for both of you

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sometimes a man has to do things he doesn't want to.

Work through it brother.
    Lead the way. A good woman will follow.

We're still praying for ya'll.
    Ain't that the truth.
    Sometimes when you know that at the time it hurts someone you care about don't make what you know needs doin any easier. But it's best in the long run. Hopefully the results will show you both that the results make it worth the hurt.
    Hang in there man.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    explain to her that it takes time to healbeing in a similar situaation i understand her frustration!prayers for both of you
    Axxe she knows it takes time. It took 2 years from 97 to 99 when she wrecked her car. What it probably is that she is not in charge of her life and schedule right now. She has always been stubborn and it has worked for her in her career and schooling. She is the poster child for overachievers. When she had her wreck, they didn't think she would survive the night. Then they doubted she would come out of her coma. Then the fixed her broken ankle but said she probably wouldn't be able to get out of a wheel chair. There was a whole bunch of things they didn't think she could do but she proved them wrong.

A funny thing is that she has always been dyslexic yet she fought her way to a MFA in education. The military stole her philosophy, Adapt and Overcome. I just hope they don't try Art therapy on her. It didn't end well. They gave her some crayons and asked her to draw a significant event in her life. She Colored half the page black, put a big red blotch on top of it. The therapist asked what it was. She said the highway, her blood and the blank half was her spirit leaving.

I should probably tell you all about how we met but it's past my bedtime. Here's a hint, the first time I saw her I knew I would marry her.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Today the did some evaluation for PT and OT on Shirley. She already wants out of there. She talks in starts and stops. I am more afraid of the outcome here then when she had her wreck 27 years ago. She was in good spirits this evening and insists she is ready to go home. I'm tired but will make it through.
    Be strong for her and you. It's a tough road. There are many of us praying for both of you folks. Illness of any kind makes life way more difficult than we ever planned for.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Okay, I was a photojournalism student and Shirley was teaching on a one year appointment in the Art Education department. I was trying to sell a Leica CL camera with a Nikon 35mm f2.5 lens on it. So someone told me to look her up at the Arnold Newman lecture. Newman was an old Life magazine photographer and had an exhibition, lecture and workshop sponsored by the University museum. Anyway we met and I bought her coffee at the CAC with my actual last dollar. I was so nervous, I started smoking cigarette butts out of the ash trays.

I told her that I knew an old abandoned house where she could try the camera and see if she liked it. So, if this was our first date, I took her to the In Cold Blood murder house. But first I invited her to the Newman workshop and she had her portfolio bused up from Dallas overnight. I had my portfolio ready too. There was a problem. Neither of us were invited to the workshop, it was for select students and two photo teachers. We got in because no one wanted to cause a scene by throwing us out.

Newman was fighting the flu and wasn't feeling well. He was very blunt in critiquing the portfolios. He said one photographer should try something else. Then he saw Shirley's and my work. He then told us to bring more work tomorrow. Just us nobody else. Oddly enough Shirley took the job from the photog Newman told to try something else.

Here is the door to that house.
    Door.jpg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    She already wants out of there. She talks in starts and stops.
    Mom was like that, in 2 homes before she passed. It's about control over their life. 2nd place was memory care, but she was 99. Visited her weekly in Flowermound, seemed to calm her pretty well.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Shirley made improvement today although she had some cognitive hiccups, She was in a brighter mood and seemed more with it overall. She doesn't understand why she can't go home and I have to keep explaining it to her. One of the Docs from the hospital stopped by to check on her. That was unexpected but much appreciated.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Tuesday 28 February
    She was in speech therapy when I got there. Her voice was stronger and she could answer most questions but took time. These were questions to test her memory and ability to think abstractly. At 1045 I left to go grocery shopping. Apparently I was imitating Mother Hubbard cause my cupbard was pretty bare.

Went back at 1500 to see her physical therapy. They had her on a bike for some time. Then she went to do some transfers from the wheel chair to a bed height table. Then to the parallel bars to do some standing and a few baby steps. She needs to be reminded to stand straight, head up and butt under her head. Making progress.

It's dinner time and I think venison and pork sausage, salad, strawberries and grapes will do nicely.

By the way, I'm blaming mother cause she never said there would be days like this.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom