• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Today, the first day of women's history month, Shirley made more actual strides to recovery. They had her walk a lap around the gym, practice bed mobility, getting in and out of bed to and from wheelchair. They learned why all the corners are messed up at home because she drove the wheel chair into a door jamb. She has cut field vision on the right.

This is funny stupid, they have the no guns signs in two locations but neither are outside the building. Here is a photo of the one inside the foyer-air-lock door on the left wall. I won't tell them about their error because it would put me over my limit of correcting stupidity.
    20230301_161647.jpg

They also have another group of these signs on foam board located in an alcove that you see when getting off the elevator as you leave.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That one at the bottom is important, since hospitals became prohibited places with HB1927. That sign enhances to penalty to a felony.

See TPC 46.03 (a) 11. You can peruse TPC 46.15 to see if there’s a does not apply or defense to prosecution available to you.

But since it’s not posted in plain sight at the door, as long as you don’t stop and gawk at it, or whip out your phone and take picture in front of the surveillance camera….

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    But since it’s not posted in plain sight at the door, as long as you don’t stop and gawk at it, or whip out your phone and take picture in front of the surveillance camera….

Doesn’t take the hospital off the prohibited places list; the sign is optional; the wording and display requirements also differs from .06/.07.

The basic penalty for a 46.03 violation is a third degree felony; hospitals and a couple other places are a Class A misdemeanor.

What folks do is up to them…the changes done by HB1927 are still new.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Doesn’t take the hospital off the prohibited places list; the sign is optional; the wording and display requirements also differs from .06/.07.

The basic penalty for a 46.03 violation is a third degree felony; hospitals and a couple other places are a Class A misdemeanor.

What folks do is up to them…the changes done by HB1927 are still new.
    I agree, but she’s in a rehab facility now.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Thursday 2 March, she continues to make progress but couldn't walk as far today. They have not projected a parole I mean release date yet. They have a team conference meeting Tuesday so maybe I will know then.

We were married by a criminal judge who was filling in for the usual one. You would think after 46 years, one of us would have been paroled!

Here I sit broken hearted
    The power is out
    And the dog just farted.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Thursday 2 March, she continues to make progress but couldn't walk as far today. They have not projected a parole I mean release date yet. They have a team conference meeting Tuesday so maybe I will know then.

We were married by a criminal judge who was filling in for the usual one. You would think after 46 years, one of us would have been paroled!

Here I sit broken hearted
    The power is out
    And the dog just farted.
    As you know, there will be ups and downs from day to day. Praying the long term trend will remain positive.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    ^^^^^ This.
    Regardless of health or ability, the will be days we exceed expectations. And days we fail miserably to get close. But as long as there is overall improvement we win. That is pretty much all you can hope for in life.
    She sounds like a fighter with the right attitude. She will get there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Saturday she had no therapy. Sunday she had minimal therapy but I had her do figure eights around the furniture in the common area. This was to teach her how to drive a wheel chair better.

Today, Monday all her therapy was over by 1 pm. She walked about 240 feet with a walker. she had some SLP therapy which is speech, language and pathology, That didn't go like the therapist wanted. Shirley is technophobic and a lot of the therapy involved an iPad. This therapy is really a cognitive therapy and I doubt the therapist was aware of her previous accident and all the limitations she still has from that. Unfortunately I wasn't there.

Tomorrow here whole team meets to evaluate and possibly set a release date.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Tuesday, March 7th.
    She is doing better and better but needs work on driving the wheel chair. I had her practice with the WC in tight spaces. Navigating forward and backwards, turning circles in tight areas, K turns and getting in situations where she had to figure out which way to turn, back-up and go forward combinations. This was after all her scheduled therapy. One of the therapists thought I was being tough on her. Told the therapist Shirley only has 7 days left to master this.

Oh yeah, she is scheduled for release into a mostly unsuspected society next Tuesday. Saw one of the Docs from the ER hospital who said he thought her progress was really going good.

I guess I should do the dishes and run the vacuum before next Tuesday, LOL

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Tuesday, March 7th.
    She is doing better and better but needs work on driving the wheel chair. I had her practice with the WC in tight spaces. Navigating forward and backwards, turning circles in tight areas, K turns and getting in situations where she had to figure out which way to turn, back-up and go forward combinations. This was after all her scheduled therapy. One of the therapists thought I was being tough on her. Told the therapist Shirley only has 7 days left to master this.

Oh yeah, she is scheduled for release into a mostly unsuspected society next Tuesday. Saw one of the Docs from the ER hospital who said he thought her progress was really going good.

I guess I should do the dishes and run the vacuum before next Tuesday, LOL

Better throw out all the empty liquor bottles and get that bikini off the ceiling fan, too.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Yesterday and today, Shirley made more progress. She has 2 more therapy sessions until the evaluate her on Monday for pre-release. She wants a hospital type bed at home which is fine but Medicare says she doesn't need one. Means about $1500 out of pocket. Been doing research on those and Invacare seems well regarded even against more expensive models.

If anyone knows of a better bed for under 2Gs, let me know.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Yesterday and today, Shirley made more progress. She has 2 more therapy sessions until the evaluate her on Monday for pre-release. She wants a hospital type bed at home which is fine but Medicare says she doesn't need one. Means about $1500 out of pocket. Been doing research on those and Invacare seems well regarded even against more expensive models.

If anyone knows of a better bed for under 2Gs, let me know.
    Is that to purchase or to rent? I would think they have monthly rentals available.

Top Bottom