APOD Firearms

Neckbeards, Knuckleheads, and Attention Whores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Meanwhile in Dallas.......................

"I personally am an endowment lifetime member of the NRA and an inductee into the Golden Eagles program," C.J. Grisham, president of "Open Carry Texas," told a CBS Dallas affiliate. "And I will rip up my cards and burn my certificates on camera if they don't change their stance."

Texas open-carry gun groups threaten to leave NRA - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What a bunch of chicken shit, moronic, Lincoln loving, inbred libtard redneck sons of bitches!

...oh.. Were we already done hurling insults? ;)

Good post. Would open carrying black powder pistols be a more effective image?
    One of the organizers was carrying exactly that.
    I love the idea of carrying a black powder revolver instead of a long gun, but there was a guy arrested at one of these events for doing just that. Whatever happened with that?

Alice Tripp of the Texas State Rifle Association said open carry would reverse a restriction put in place in the 1880s as a result of the “occupying federal army during Reconstruction.”
    Well it's good to see she's changed her tune. Alice Tripp getting snippy with one of our forum members saying TSRA would never support open carry is what got the LoneStarCDL started. I'm really glad TSRA has updated their position and that fracture has healed.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well it's good to see she's changed her tune. Alice Tripp getting snippy with one of our forum members saying TSRA would never support open carry is what got the LoneStarCDL started. I'm really glad TSRA has updated their position and that fracture has healed.

Yeah I am not a big Alice Tripp or TSRA fan either for that and other reasons.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What a bunch of chicken shit, moronic, Lincoln loving, inbred libtard redneck sons of bitches!

...oh.. Were we already done hurling insults? ;)

I love the idea of carrying a black powder revolver instead of a long gun, but there was a guy arrested at one of these events for doing just that. Whatever happened with that?

I didnt realize that was formerly the TSRA position.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I personally am an endowment lifetime member of the NRA and an inductee into the Golden Eagles program," C.J. Grisham, president of "Open Carry Texas," told a CBS Dallas affiliate. "And I will rip up my cards and burn my certificates on camera if they don't change their stance."

Please do that and go away. I support open carry but detest your methods and I am also one that thinks you do more harm than good. As a matter of fact, I see not good and only harm. Good grief, look at the pictures of some of your members. Yeah, those images are going to garner support for OC? Take a good look at those images.. they make your group look like the laughingstock of the gun couture.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Fuu - can't find the post. Is it in this thread? I started wearing my OWB holster, with no gun in it today. Renegade? It's going to work tomorrow.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Today, the NRA withdrew their condemnation of "Open Carry Texas."

Grass roots is a powerful tool, no matter how politically incorrect.

The true issue is open carry of all firearms: Using long guns (which are legal) does not logically translate to the open carry of hand guns. Having to have a license for Concealed Carry is essentially an infringement of the 2nd Amendment guarantee to bear arms.

Plus, the Texas Constitution must be changed, since "the carrying of arms may be regulated by the Legislature with a view to prevent violence."

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I didnt realize that was formerly the TSRA position.
    Oh yeah... It's the whole reason why LoneStarCDL was started. Initially Cotton was fighting the open carry bill that they got introduced, too. A lot of petty squabbling and butt hurt over it, and we the people of Texas got the shaft. I think all the old forum posts on it got wiped out.

...but what about the black powder revolver issue? So people aren't being arrested for open carrying them anymore? What happened to that one dude that was arrested?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Oh yeah... It's the whole reason why LoneStarCDL was started. Initially Cotton was fighting the open carry bill that they got introduced, too. A lot of petty squabbling and butt hurt over it, and we the people of Texas got the shaft. I think all the old forum posts on it got wiped out.

Damn, good memory I had to google it up to recall it. As posted by TXI:

The LSCDL is mad because the TSRA would not push for open carry. Because of that he has declared war on the TSRA. Mr Cotton is ONLY attempting to clarify the intential misleading and lies of others

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...6-gun-range-protection-passes-rick-perry.html

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Damn, good memory I had to google it up to recall it. As posted by TXI:

The LSCDL is mad because the TSRA would not push for open carry. Because of that he has declared war on the TSRA. Mr Cotton is ONLY attempting to clarify the intential misleading and lies of others

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...6-gun-range-protection-passes-rick-perry.html
    Oh yeah, Shane really shoved his foot in his mouth on that thread (he was good at that, lol...), but that's just one example of the bickering. If TSRA and LsCDL couldn't collaborate on anything, I wish they had at least just stayed out of each other's way and let each org work on their own pet issues. Instead we had TSRA acting like they could be the only dick in town, and unfortunately LsCDL was more than willing to play that game, too. I was googling through some of the old posts on this topic and found this great one from matefrio that is still very appropriate today.

Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither should you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead, they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition (or sabotage) which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of jealousy, conspiracy or competitive feelings.

This whole conversation soooo 2011 ;)

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    This thread.
    >
    awesome.

uvagy8ed.jpg