• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Speaking of trust, Honda got the chain/cam/crank shit straightened out but no compression in all holes.
    Now there saying the starter is gone too. That biitch was working fine when I took it to them!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wonder if you had a valve trying to occupy the same space as the cylinder. Those fight are usually bad for both parties. Seems like new motors don't handle timing problems as well as the old ones did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There are other ways to turn over the motor.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk.

There's a minimum cranking speed to get an accurate compression test (can't recall for sure, but I want to say 400 RPM). Cranking it over by hand, you can say "it feels like there's no compression", but you can't run a proper compression test.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    There's a minimum cranking speed to get an accurate compression test (can't recall for sure, but I want to say 400 RPM). Cranking it over by hand, you can say "it feels like there's no compression", but you can't run a proper compression test.

Hook up a remote and bypass the ignition. You can still get a compression test. In all the years at my dads shop we never once turned a key for a compression test.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hook up a remote and bypass the ignition. You can still get a compression test. In all the years at my dads shop we never once turned a key for a compression test.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

If the starter's bad, a bypass is a waste of time...

Speaking of trust, Honda got the chain/cam/crank shit straightened out but no compression in all holes.
    Now there saying the starter is gone too. That biitch was working fine when I took it to them!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ringland failures are all too common on the latest generation of STi. It's embarrassing that Subaru has yet to do anything about it.
    Hey did Porsche ever fix the intermediate shaft's desire to leave the block? That's gotta be embarrassing for them ;)

Or this one.
    You know you've arrived when you quote yourself on an internet forum

I dunno. I don't have anything against whatever anyone else wants to drive. I like Harley's, big Jap cruisers, sport bikes each in their own different ways. I like FWD, AWD, and RWD cars all just fine, for different purposes. Why some people want to get their c*nt hairs in a knot and go attacking people that drive or like something different than what they do is beyond me.
    I don't have anything against what anyone drives either, but when people are saying things that are simply not true and then try to back it up with marketing pap and fanboi herpa derp then they need to be corrected.

Now if you like something becuase you think it's cool or interesting; then just say that's the reason you like it. Trying to logically justify something with ignorant statments makes you look like a d-bag. You don't require any other justification other than "I just like it".

I actually really like Subarus... A WRX is on my short list.

If you like your car, that's all that matters. But don't be so blinded by your loyalty that you can't admit that there are better cars out there.
    QFT

Wankel engine. Pretty cool design, though I don't know a lot about them.
    Extremely compact design. Very rev happy; not much torque but makes decent HP by spinning fast. Gets terrible gas milage, and wears out much quicker than piston engines. I like them!

For Chunky:
    sticker,375x360.png

I still say the RX8 manual needs to be changed to include engine replacement as part of the scheduled 60,000 mile service.
    118k on mine so far... I think it's starting to go, tho. The nice thing is that it's gradual, and not instantaneous. I shoulda just bought a 'vette ;)

Top Bottom