• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    My son will likely be fired from Bell on Dec 8th for not getting it.
    They are taking religious exemptions but the faith you claim must have it written in their teachings
    Many of the exemptions will probably be denied
    Hope those fuckers go broke and then to Hell for doing him like this
    I may be proven wrong, but I think employers are putting themselves at risk over this issue. At least those terminating employees for no jab.
    I am not a lawyer.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Governor Greg Abbott today issued an executive order stating that no entity in Texas can compel receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination by any individual, including an employee or consumer, who objects to such vaccination for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19.

Does personal conscience include "I don't like the risk of an unproven vaccine"?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Of course, some will point out that Texas is an "at will" state and employers can fire them for not taking the vaccine anyhow.

Reactions: BBL

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Governor Greg Abbott today issued an executive order stating that no entity in Texas can compel receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination by any individual, including an employee or consumer, who objects to such vaccination for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19.

Does personal conscience include "I don't like the risk of an unproven vaccine"?
    I don't like needles would be a personal conscience.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If the feds get anything in writing, and if this mandate gets pushed through under policy, and if it survives the various legal challenges, then I suspect the employers will go the cheapest option which I suspect will be to violate the Texas law. The language states "the maximum fine allowed under Section 418.173 of the Texas Government Code and the State’s emergency management plan shall apply to any "failure to comply with" this executive order. Confinement in jail is not an available penalty for violating this executive order.“. I looked up this code and it says the fine may not exceed $1,000 or 180 days in jail for each occurrence. The feds existing fine I think is $70k and they want to raise it to $700k

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The feds still have not officially changed any law or issued any official order regarding any of mandate beyond bidens speech.

Could it be he was correct to begin with and doesn't have the power and now cant figure out a way to do this that doesn't violate several parts of existing laws or the equal protection clause due to all the exemptions?

Please let me know if I missed the osha law change.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    States vs Federal, seen this before and hope we can make it work the second time around.
    4c660526f55ddcaa2841c8ee5325591c.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    The feds still have not officially changed any law or issued any official order regarding any of mandate beyond bidens speech.

Could it be he was correct to begin with and doesn't have the power and now cant figure out a way to do this that doesn't violate several parts of existing laws or the equal protection clause due to all the exemptions?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Nope you are correct. They did accomplish part of their goal anyway. They got companies to preemptively issue a vax mandate. That speech gave SWA, United, AA and other businesses cover to do so.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm sure that would be considered going against the executive order, they had better come up with another reason.
    Which won't be a problem, as long as they don't make it obvious that it's just an excuse for not following the clot shot non-policy. Something like "you're not a team player" or "I don't like your face".

Top Bottom